damit he messed up the e key
what happened whiel i was on the toliet
and why am i on a forum arguing about cuthul beingin moonlord
there litery bros
i agree with aleks
can anyone tll me what happend
was he being a flat earther

@skelatron prime sans

Please stop double posting. The Forums are not a chat room like Discord. If no one else has posted after yourself, use the "edit" button to the bottom left of your post to add more information.

Also, maybe try reading some stuff about the Moon Lord.
I'm pretty sure it says somewhere in there that they're siblings, not one in the same.

Or he's making a (bad) excuse to try to cover up what he said earlier.
Either that or he's a troll. (Or maybe just a little kid, I don't know)

Anyways, continuing with the actual discussion. most of the in-game stuff makes me think Moon Lord isn't Cthulhu (Cthulhu in mythos has a very different tone than Moon Lord)
It could just be a different way of depicting classic Lovecraftian mythos, nothing wrong with doing something new with old stories

It just doesn't make logical sense for the developers to randomly do a 180 and decide that the boss they had been saying isn't Cthulhu for literal years is now Cthulhu. It probably just straight up isn't. In fact they said it's more like "cthulhu's brother" at one point which means that it's equally likely it could be his brother Hastur for all we know. In fact you could make a better case for it being Hastur than Cthulhu, as he is usually associated with the color yellow, and there is yellow energy emanating from the tablet, which could mean it was meant for him. It's a logical leap, but then again so is the idea that it's Cthulhu. And it's not like the Moon Lord even has the right color scheme for either, he's neither dark green nor yellow like either of the brothers.

If we knew where the cultists even got the tablet and why they waited so far into the game to use it, we would probably have a clearer answer. It could have been in possession of the Lihzarhds (an important part of the game curiously absent from the lore entirely, by the way) and then the cultists stole it from them and thought it was something else for all we know.
The thing is if a game doesn't have an established full on lore from the start a dev can say whatever they want. Also Hastur is never mentioned once in the lore once again the name "Moon Lord" isn't either but I believe that's because Cthulhu is Moon Lord but I could be totally off.

The thing is if a game doesn't have an established full on lore from the start a dev can say whatever they want. Also Hastur is never mentioned once in the lore once again the name "Moon Lord" isn't either but I believe that's because Cthulhu is Moon Lord but I could be totally off.
The official lore says Cthulhu "retreated to the dark side of the moon" while the bestiary says Moon Lord was "freed from his lunar prison". Self induced exile =/= imprisonment.

The official lore says Cthulhu "retreated to the dark side of the moon" while the bestiary says Moon Lord was "freed from his lunar prison". Self induced exile =/= inprisonment.
That's pretty good evidence for sure but do you really think that Cthulhu was just casually on the moon with Moon Lord?

That's pretty good evidence for sure but do you really think that Cthulhu was just casually on the moon with Moon Lord?
The image of them just hanging out together on the lunar landscape is hilarious enough to me that I honestly want to believe it.

I mean, there's no reason why he wouldn't. They don't really strike me as the type of characters who would fight with each other specifically.

Back
Top Bottom