Moon Lord is Cthulhu; Change my mind

Do you think moon lord is cthulhu

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The image of them just hanging out together on the lunar landscape is hilarious enough to me that I honestly want to believe it.

I mean, there's no reason why he wouldn't. They don't really strike me as the type of characters who would fight with each other specifically.
I've provided more evidence above, perhaps read it if you haven't and please give feedback if you'd like.

I've provided more evidence above, perhaps read it if you haven't and please give feedback if you'd like.
I already did disprove a pretty major point.
"The mastermind behind all terrors which befall the world, freed from his lunar prison. Practically a god, his power knows no limits."
The official lore says Cthulhu "retreated to the dark side of the moon" while the bestiary says Moon Lord was "freed from his lunar prison". Self induced exile =/= imprisonment.

I doubt that two Great old ones would fight it out. Considering almost all of the Great old ones got it out for the Elder gods. So I agree with you here for sure.

One thing I just noticed for evidence that they're different beings is that The Lunatic cultist is trying to revive Cthulhu not just repair him. Perhaps He does just worship both?

Hang on, I just realized something. The Lunatic was supposedly trying to resurrect Cthulhu right? Well here's the thing: Cthulhu never actually died. He was very damaged, yes, but he actually did end up getting away. The Lunatic's tablet was what he thought was going to bring Cthulhu back, when in reality he never truly was destroyed. We can see that it wasn't a "power restoration" spell either because the moon lord was in the process of an entirely new body, and the legs are completely absent from Skeletron so that part of Cthulhu was never removed.

I'm not sure he is a simple human even before the tablet imbues him with power he teleports to the dungeon not even a second after the cultists die.

I'm not sure he is a simple human even before the tablet imbues him with power he teleports to the dungeon not even a second after the cultists die.
I mean, even the main character can teleport with the right equipment, but the lore requires so much reaching already that I'm willing to believe it's yet another oversight.

I guess a basic teleporter wouldn't be out of the question considering he had the mechanic held prisoner. I prefer this new idea that he was rockin' a rod of discord though.

Can somebody gimme a link to the lore that you guys are talking about?

Cthulhu is a character in the novel, The Call of Cthulhu, by H.P. Lovecraft. You can clearly see the difference between the two just by appearance. I haven't read the book, but I plan to eventually.

When you see them from a distance, moon lord and cthulhu are big baddies with evil plans for the world. But are they really one and the same? I say yes. Moon Lord summons true eyes of Cthulhu when you kill its eyes, and the bosses are brain of cthulhu and eye of cthulhu. Also, in the game lore, it says that the dryads teamed up against cthulhu and weakened him. They sent him to the dark side of the moon where he regained his powers, and so, it makes sense that Moon Lord is Cthulhu.
i'm pretty sure its been said that Moonlord is Cthulhu's cousin

Back
Top Bottom