Moon Lord is Cthulhu; Change my mind

Do you think moon lord is cthulhu

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Relogic and Red himself have said that the Moonlord is not Cthulhu. Also there is an actual Moon Lord God in the Cthulhu mythos

After actually reading some of the Cthulhu mythos, I’ve realized that Cthulhu is canonically so powerful that your mind can literally explode just by being within miles of him if he actually wants to destroy you, and that proves even further that they are not the same creature. I guess he’s supposedly very weakened, but there’s still the point that Cthulhu a) never actually died so he couldn’t be resurrected and b) the technicality that self induced exile =/= imprisonment

Y’all are forgetting one important fact, Cthulhu is dead but dreaming under the Pacific Ocean but Duke Fishron is from the ocean and one of his attacks/minions are the Cthulhunadoes

It just doesn't make logical sense for the developers to randomly do a 180 and decide that the boss they had been saying isn't Cthulhu for literal years is now Cthulhu. It probably just straight up isn't. In fact they said it's more like "cthulhu's brother" at one point which means that it's equally likely it could be his brother Hastur for all we know. In fact you could make a better case for it being Hastur than Cthulhu, as he is usually associated with the color yellow, and there is yellow energy emanating from the tablet, which could mean it was meant for him. It's a logical leap, but then again so is the idea that it's Cthulhu. And it's not like the Moon Lord even has the right color scheme for either, he's neither dark green nor yellow like either of the brothers.

If we knew where the cultists even got the tablet and why they waited so far into the game to use it, we would probably have a clearer answer. It could have been in possession of the Lihzarhds (an important part of the game curiously absent from the lore entirely, by the way) and then the cultists stole it from them and thought it was something else for all we know.
Ok the cultists are lhizhards that lost faith In Golem after you the player defeats him, so five powerful lhizhards (each one represents a celestial tower accept for the leader who represents the moonlord) went and took up an ancient cult name and began worshipping Cthulhu. Once the moonlord heard someone praising his brother and not him he sent his towers down and then himself to destroy all who lives in that earth.

Also if moonlord is Cthulhu then he is missing his legs because in the Cthulhu mythos it says some sailors came in contact with him and defeated him by cutting off is bottom half with their ship

Personally, I think that Moon Lord is a weakened Cthulhu, imbued with celestial power due to his time spent on the moon, but that's more of me just filling in the gaps, and not evidence that Moon Lord is Cthulhu.

Actualy according to the lore moonlord is cuthulu's brother
In the Cthulhu Mythos, Cthulhu's associated color is dark green, while his brother's (specifically Hastur) associated color is yellow. The mysterious tablet doesnt glow dark green, now does it? This may be a logical leap, but if people can believe that moon lord is cthulhu based on a simple appearance and nothing else that's proven, than I didn't do anything that they didn't.

Idc man its a game not a conspiracy theory

Games can have conspiracies, otherwise the entire channel of Game Theory and all their mediocre theories wouldn’t exist.

Anyway, the official lore, as unreliable as it is, does point toward Moon Lord having some association with Cthulhu, but whether he actually is Cthulhu or not is pretty much left unanswered.

As we know it, Cthulhu himself was destroyed, and all the mechanical parts were destroyed, so it can’t be a literal body of Cthulhu. But it is likely to be his essence or something - they share the same physical theme and motive, and Moon Lord’s attacks are described as “phantasmal”. It would also explain why his body is incomplete, why he isn’t completely accurate to the description of Cthulhu, and why the hell he is summoned by the Cultists to begin with.

I don’t know, I’m no theorist. What I said probably makes no sense, but that’s what I think.

Honestly, moon lord (according to lore) is Cthulhu regenerating from his fight with the dryads and was sealed in the moon.

My tinfoil hat theory is that they pumped it out in like 3 hours and only really did it to deconfirm a mechanical brain boss.
Also, that. Why did they have to include that the mechanic was working on a Mechanical Brain? 1.4 would release exactly a year from the release of the lore, and I don't see a reason to "deconfirm" a boss, unless things have gotten really out of hand.

Also, that. Why did they have to include that the mechanic was working on a Mechanical Brain? 1.4 would release exactly a year from the release of the lore, and I don't see a reason to "deconfirm" a boss, unless things have gotten really out of hand.

Because they simply didn’t want to add a mechanical brain, for some reason. I believe Red has said in the past he has no intention to add a mech brain, even though it would be the final thing to make Crimson consistent with Corruption. Scribbling together lore was the easy way out.

Back
Top Bottom