NPCs & Enemies Moon lord is too fraking OP

Hello, so I'm gonna be quick and to the point with this;
The moon lord is too fraking over powered, yeah i get he is a final boss, but this is outrageous.
my friend and I cannot beat him when working together and both of us have full solar flare armor, ankh and paladin shields, are sitting in honey, have a wall above and below us so his stupid fraking head laser can't hit us, surrounded by heart lamps and campfires, with charms of myths (also keep in mind 100% of our accessories are warding), papyrus scarabs, potions up the wazzoo (like, every potion you could possibly imagine being helpful for this) stacks on stacks of greater healing potions, mythical stardust dragons, rainbow crystals, unreal vortex beaters, mythical nebula arcanum, godly solar eruptions, godly daybreaks, solar wings, my friend has a godly terrarian (we got the terrarian, the rainbow crystals, the wings, and the armor before the moon lord was buffed) and mounts to fly around and dodge whenever most needed.
AND WE STILL CAN'T BEAT HIM!
This is honestly complete and utter BULL:red:!

Thank you for reading this wall of text and enjoy your day.

Ahh, I see your problem,
did you learn his pattern and dodge his attacks?
yes, yes we did, the issue is that for some reason now in 1.3.0.5 the little things he shoots out of his hands now go through blocks, which they didn't before.
the true eyes of Cthulhu now show up in groups of, like, 7 of them.
And he opens and closes his eyes so often that the moment we start shooting one it closes and a different one opens and by the time we start shooting that one it closes and a different one opens.
It's just... AGH

I can't beat him either. I wish I would have had a chance when it first came out and was easy. I tried 2 times last night. One with magic weapons and one with melee. It was brutal!!!!

Moon lord is still easy. Run across a skybridge on a unicorn. And shoot behind you. It's really quite simple.

Moon lord is still easy. Run across a skybridge on a unicorn. And shoot behind you. It's really quite simple.
tried that, but he keeps teleporting to us and the moment he does the eye's of Cthulhu suddenly show up as well and get at least 10 pot shots at a time and the laser from his head moves too fast when we are far away from him (it is easier to dodge the laser when as close to the eye it comes out of as possible)

tried that, but he keeps teleporting to us and the moment he does the eye's of Cthulhu suddenly show up as well and get at least 10 pot shots at a time and the laser from his head moves too fast when we are far away from him (it is easier to dodge the laser when as close to the eye it comes out of as possible)
Huh. I beat him like that. And yes, it was in 1.3.0.5.

Try removing all of his eyes at the same time, leave them on low hp until you can quickly finish all 3 eyes off at the same time, this stalls the easier part of the fight out longer.

UFO Mount works wonders. It moves fast on the diagonal but not fast enough to make him TP. I actually had times where the True Eye of Cthulhu enemies' lasers could not hit me as I was out of range.

Two heads is better than one. Do multiplayer (No don't do that stuff on my server it lags my computer)
i do do multiplayer with a friend, that is my point, it is still hard as balls
[DOUBLEPOST=1436900136,1436900111][/DOUBLEPOST]
Try removing all of his eyes at the same time, leave them on low hp until you can quickly finish all 3 eyes off at the same time, this stalls the easier part of the fight out longer.
we would love to, but we cant even get past that
[DOUBLEPOST=1436900181][/DOUBLEPOST]
UFO Mount works wonders. It moves fast on the diagonal but not fast enough to make him TP. I actually had times where the True Eye of Cthulhu enemies' lasers could not hit me as I was out of range.
That is very true, the issue is that we haven't gotten lucky enough yet to have a martian invasion (yeah, i know)

That is very true, the issue is that we haven't gotten lucky enough yet to have a martian invasion (yeah, i know)

A bit of advice for that event. Make a nice little hidey hole that you can go into and strike the Martian Saucer with little to no threat to your (or your partner's) self. That is, if any of you have a Solar Eruption or some other item that can hit through walls.

Not that good of an idea as the fight feels designed much like the Twins and Wall of Flesh in being an "on the run" fight.
yeah, we know, we have two setups we like to use, one where we run on a platform and one where we stand still surrounded with honey, heart lanterns, and campfires. the latter one i am adding the traps to, we usually get further in the one where we stand still

Are you fighting him in expert mode or normal mode? Because in normal mode I killed him solo and used bettle armor with a vortex beater (chloropyte bullets) no problem. I haven't tried in expert. Also, use the quick heal and quick buff whenever necessary, it will help. Use a flask of ichor along with a solar eruption. Also, leave his hands with very low HP and then kill the head. Inmediately kill the hands and then focus on the core and avoiding the lasers.

Are you fighting him in expert mode or normal mode? Because in normal mode I killed him solo and used bettle armor with a vortex beater (chloropyte bullets) no problem. I haven't tried in expert. Also, use the quick heal and quick buff whenever necessary, it will help. Use a flask of ichor along with a solar eruption. Also, leave his hands with very low HP and then kill the head. Inmediately kill the hands and then focus on the core and avoiding the lasers.
we are in expert and i would love to quick heal when needed but for some reason that function doesnt work for me :/

Back
Top Bottom