NPCs & Enemies Moon Lord Should Disable Certain Wiring-Related Objects During Battle

How do you like this idea?

• Good

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Bad

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's okay, but it could be better (please explain why and change your vote once satisfied)

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Trollking6

Skeletron Prime
The Moon Lord, as the final boss of terraria, should be a challenge to battle. However, when wiring comes into play, the battle is trivial. As you may know, AFK farm(s) have already been created for the moon lord. I believe that during the Moon Lord battle, all statues, teleporters, and anything else that allows for AFK farming should be disabled. Of course, the wiring itself would remain unchanged, as this may mess up wiring creations.

No. Some people use Health Statues and traps to help them in battle. It's unfair for non-cheese players to get their help disabled.
It isn't necessary though.... I've killed him on both normal mode and expert without many problems.

How about he has some sort of charging attack that, if a certain amount of health isn't lost after X seconds, he emits a sort of electrical disabler burst that will cause all wiring within a 30 block radius of him to fail to function.

Yes, let's discourage another playstyle because people keep outsmarting or overpreparing for the boss. /s

Or, at the very least make all or some later bosses do the same. I'd still object, but then the Lord wouldn't stand out as much. He already has a bunch of bandaids that don't affect any other boss.

I don't like this. If ML starts doing this, then he's also going to have to disable every other method of allowing unskillful play. Make him disable life regen (for the whole fight), disable buffs, disable unicorn and infinite flight mount, and more over the top stuff if the game has to go that way.

Basically, I don't see why painstakingly bringing all the items required for an AFK farm and then putting them together in just the right way that he doesn't just outdamage you anyway should be considered "cheesing" by the game while running away on a giant bridge or a flying mount and rod of discord is somehow a "legit" way of fighting him even though it takes 0 mechanical skill and barely any knowledge of the game.

"Cheesing" is only cheesing when you have to put 0 effort into the fight, during the fight AND building the arena; not one or another of those things. The two main forms of cheesing, using spikes and a slime to exploit damage invulnerability, required zero effort for both fighting and building the arena for. The building of extensively complicated arenas to exploit the Moon Lord's AI requires a lot of effort and testing before it actually works, so no that is not cheesing.

That said, no support.

"Cheesing" is only cheesing when you have to put 0 effort into the fight, during the fight AND building the arena; not one or another of those things. The two main forms of cheesing, using spikes and a slime to exploit damage invulnerability, required zero effort for both fighting and building the arena for. The building of extensively complicated arenas to exploit the Moon Lord's AI requires a lot of effort and testing before it actually works, so no that is not cheesing.

That said, no support.
Extensively complicated? Happy days made one that was very simple. It wouldn't take much time to build something like that.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441169168,1441169039][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, how about this: If the player is not moving/moving only with teleports, either A) the wiring is disabled or B) the player is dragged into the moonlord's mouth like the WoF.

My multiplayer map has teleporters made to bring respawned players closer to the action faster. If the moonlord got dragged to a more remote location on the map far away from a player's spawn point, not only does the player have to suffer from a crazy long respawn time (too long in my opinion), but they have to run back to the battle which can be very far away in larger maps if wiring was disabled.

Peeps gonna cheese whether we like it or not. Nothing stops me from getting a bazillion ores/coins of my choosing by copying maps and dropping stuff into my inventory, and there's always all-item maps out there for the fun-sponges. I get why devs nerf some stuff that makes cheesing too easy, but I think this suggestion is plain unnecessary. Sorry.

Thx but no thx. :nymph:

The Moon Lord:
- Was buffed to gain much more health(?).
- Had his tentacle changed to add the Moon Bite debuff (disables regen from Vamp Knives and Spectre Armor)
- Can heal himself for 1000 HP with his tongue effect
- Gathered the skill to teleport to players that are far away from him (makes MP tactics harder)
- Disables campfires
- Has changed cooldown to avoid some kind of "cheesing"

Spikes are also fixed and they don't make people "invincible" anymore. He was hugely buffed and I think we don't need more, at least we could just prevent cheating.

Making a good arena isn't cheating. If someone manages to create an extremely high regen or something that allows the player to survive without much harm, it's fine I think. I made a farm for him, because he's a pain in the butt in Expert Mode. Come on, fighting him is ridiculously hard in Expert.

So you want these to happen?
1.3.0.8: If there is a block between you and any of the Moon Lord's bodyparts, he turns into cheese and insta-kills you.
1.3.0.9: Same thing happens when a Minecart Track is detected in the world. (yes that includes naturally generated underground tracks).
1.3.0.10: Moon Lord is immune to any of the Lunar Fragment weapons because they are actually intended to be post-Lunar.
1.3.0.11: Moon Lord is immune to Melee attacks because melee is too OP.
1.3.0.12: Same thing happens with Mage because healing is too OP.
1.3.0.13: Same thing happens with Ranged because it's the only class that survives without lifesteal therefore it's also OP.
1.3.0.14: Same thing happens with Summoner because summoners AFK inside boxes too much.

and
1.3.0.15: Moon lord now have 9999 defense and attack with 99,999 damage.
1.3.0.16: Now Moon Lord is possible to beat with broken copper short sword.
1.3.0.17: You now instant death if your wear any armor or accessories during Moon Lord fight.

1.3.0.69 moon lord cannot be summoned anymore due to complaints aboutx difficulty so we made his summoning item kill you instead.Then it spawns every other boss and the moon lord who has over 9000000000000000000000kappa defense and 1337,420,69,360 dmg per second.Also he fires last prism beams instead of the eye beam.They also pierce.All bosses that accompany moon lord have a seperate invincibility rate aswell and have the same amount of stats as the moon lord
1.3.0.idontevencarewtfisthisversion you cant kill moon lord with broken ocpper shortsword.You can only kill him with the thorns potion.Also you cant use your fists either.

Seriously the arena take your time and effort to build and arena also require some your brain for it to working. also Moonlord is hard enough as you need to reply Lunar event 70% of every time that you've lost to Moon Lord/re-fight Moon Lord and it's already harder than any boss you've fought so why you need to buff him more?

So you want these to happen?

Seriously the arena take your time and effort to build and arena also require some your brain for it to working. also Moonlord is hard enough as you need to reply Lunar event 70% of every time that you've lost to Moon Lord/re-fight Moon Lord and it's already harder than any boss you've fought so why you need to buff him more?
Well it doesn't take much effort to afk moon lord. at the very least there should be upgraded lunar/celestial versions of the teleporters and statues used to AFK him.

No. The Moon Lord has already had enough "fixes" so that AFKing him is impossible. At this point, getting rid of the Statue functionality (Well, you define it as any wiring related things, which is even more ridiculous) is just making the fight unfair. They're a way to make the fight easier without making it's ridiculously easy. Plus, it's 20 health for every heart, so unless you have found a ridiculous number of heart statues, you're not going to be healing much without potions.

I do not support this either, as said in a previous post, they allow builds that take time to work against the AI. Any further changes that make him harder then he already is, then you're just killing off a sect of people who enjoyed what they did.

Proof of the extreme work that one did with wires, of course he uses Summon set and stardust dragon while sitting still, but thing is, the Pillars CAN kill him because of enemy spawns.

Back
Top Bottom