Weapons & Equip Moon Lord-Tier Whip: Leech Tongue

Frak

Terrarian
Hello,
I love the new whips for the summon class. Gives me something to do with my hands!
The Kaleidoscope is is arguably the best whip in the game, but it drops before Golem falls... This leaves a gap in the whip hierarchy in end game, or between Golem and Moon Lord.
I propose a new whip can be dropped from Moon Lord based on his "Moon Bite" debuff and the tentacle that latches on to players during the battle. It could have a special property that generates Moon Leech Clots that provide modest healing or additional damage, or something like that.

As an aside, it seems awkward to have two sentry minions drop from Moon Lord but no whip. I see potential here

I think I'd made a similar suggestion myself, with a tentacle-based whip that drops from Moon Lord and provides life leech.

I could get behind this.

Yes, it's kind of weird that Moon Lord doesn't really drops anything for summoner. (There are 2 sentries, but no summons or whips) - though giving him more loot would make each have a smaller chance to drop, so that might would make getting things more difficult...

I'm thinking about adding a Stardust-themed whip to my mod, the Tenebrae Mod. I feel it'd make more sense to be crafted from Stardust Fragments instead of dropping from the Moon Lord considering it's the endgame summon class (I also made concepts for the other three endgame class weapons for consistency).

Basically, the Stardust Sparkwhip would create Stardust Sparks when hitting an enemy, which would have the AI of a Star Cell: floating stationary before homing in onto the nearest enemy.

StardustWhip.png
1603990897572.png

Might as well add these sprites here too.

I'm thinking about adding a Stardust-themed whip to my mod, the Tenebrae Mod. I feel it'd make more sense to be crafted from Stardust Fragments instead of dropping from the Moon Lord considering it's the endgame summon class (I also made concepts for the other three endgame class weapons for consistency).

Basically, the Stardust Sparkwhip would create Stardust Sparks when hitting an enemy, which would have the AI of a Star Cell: floating stationary before homing in onto the nearest enemy.

View attachment 296350 View attachment 296351
That looks very nice!

Thanks! The concepts for the other lunar weapons are in my signature if you'd like to check them out.
Your mod looks interesting! Didn't played modded since 1.4 is out, but when T-modloader catches up, I might will check it out! Any good idea how to find some who would be interested helping out with my mod? (perticularly regarding coding)
This is getting off topic though...

Anyway, yeah, it would be nice to have lunar apocalypse and/or post-moon lord whips too.
There are also other areas where whips might be missing, like I was wondering about why is there no whip between snapthorn (which you could, theoretically, get very early game) and spinal tap (which got atted just lately too) which is post skeletron. why is there no whip from crimtane/demonite (maybe with tussue samples/shadow scales) ...or if we're at it, how about a similar crafting tree of whips like the terra blade? XD

There are also other areas where whips might be missing, like I was wondering about why is there no whip between snapthorn (which you could, theoretically, get very early game) and spinal tap (which got atted just lately too) which is post skeletron. why is there no whip from crimtane/demonite (maybe with tussue samples/shadow scales) ...or if we're at it, how about a similar crafting tree of whips like the terra blade? XD
While I do think that having more whips in the game would be nice I don't think there's a need for one post-EoW/BoC becouse of the Obsidian Armor. I'm currently doing a summoner playthrough and the buffs from the armor are so good that I have never had any problems with Snapthorn being too weak.

While I do think that having more whips in the game would be nice I don't think there's a need for one post-EoW/BoC becouse of the Obsidian Armor. I'm currently doing a summoner playthrough and the buffs from the armor are so good that I have never had any problems with Snapthorn being too weak.
I did/doing a summoner playthrough as well (I didn't originally planned, but had a pinky spawn like 5 minutes in the brand new playthrough I started when 1.4.1 came out, and that pinky dropped a slime staff! XD so I decided to try out summoner) and indeed, the snapthorn is so good, that you don't really feel the need for a whip between that and skeletron (though expert skeletron is tough!) but it's a bit odd, because you could get the snapthorn very quickly in a game. much faster than the leather whip too, considering how expensive that is, and how cheap snapthorn is, if you can survive in the jungle for a bit, to get the ingredients.

View attachment 296350 View attachment 296351
Probably that whip should replace Lunar Portal Staff (because no one uses it). Also, cool idea and sprite!

Back
Top Bottom