PC MoonLord Preperations

GuyInJeans

Terrarian
Right now I've been on a building spree, making some nice structures to make my world look a little nicer, I'm no where near done (I'll add some screenshots if anyone is interested in seeing them) but it's coming along. But that's beside the point;

The point is this, what are the MUST build arena/structures for MoonLord? What potions should I get and what gear should I have? (I can go ranger or melee and have a limited selection of magic weapons, I have all 3 armor sets except for beetle husk)

Any tips on the arena? Should I expect to fail the first time?

Thanks

-Jeans

I find that potions are hardly necessary for Moon Lord (other than mana/health potions). All you "really need" is a roof that you can duck under during a few of his attack phases (which is unnecessary if you have the RoD). I also recommend you grabbing the Beetle Shell armor, the defense will come in handy.

I find that potions are hardly necessary for Moon Lord (other than mana/health potions). All you "really need" is a roof that you can duck under during a few of his attack phases (which is unnecessary if you have the RoD). I also recommend you grabbing the Beetle Shell armor, the defense will come in handy.
I have the shell, I don't have the other beetle armor chest piece.

No potions? Really? Certainly the moonlord can't be easier than fishron!

I have the shell, I don't have the other beetle armor chest piece.

No potions? Really? Certainly the moonlord can't be easier than fishron!
I did it with none (same for Fishron), but if you want to be safe, go with the usual: swift, endurance, iron skin, danger sense, your corresponding attack potion (wrath, archery, etc.), life force, regeneration, and food.

I did it with none (same for Fishron), but if you want to be safe, go with the usual: swift, endurance, iron skin, danger sense, your corresponding attack potion (wrath, archery, etc.), life force, regeneration, and food.
I have a feeling there is a big difference in skill between us :p First time i fought fishron I made it out with 50 health, but then again I hadn't gotten the hang of dodging him yet.

I just used my strange plant skybride and it worked out pretty well. It's nice to have a flat surface so you can easily fly upwards to dodge the deathray. Some smaller area could also work, and you can add some points of cover for when he fires the deathray.

I just used my strange plant skybride and it worked out pretty well. It's nice to have a flat surface so you can easily fly upwards to dodge the deathray. Some smaller area could also work, and you can add some points of cover for when he fires the deathray.
I assume the solar eruption is the way to go? I melee might be a good choice for that extra defense until I get an actually good ranger weapon. At the moment I seem to be lacking in significant firepower for some reason.

If you're going melee, the solar eruption is good. I defeated him fairly easily with phantasm and vortex beater with chlorophyte bullets.

I guess those would be an option depending on how many fragments I get.

If dodging isn't your best side, use Vortex Beater with chloro bullets, however you'll probably get higher DPS with Phantasm, but you need to be accurate, as there aren't any(?) homing arrows. Anything that increases arrow damage and velocity will help a lot.

I roll summoner so up in the sky I built a small arena, about 30 x 15 and put in heart and star statues. I put a teleport pad to the nurse, who I have housed below, but I don't use it much. I used all the potions I could get, as well as the bewitching table, crystal ball, sharpening stone, and ammo box. I put my turret minions on top of the box and make the longest strongest stardust dragon I can. I use the solar eruption to kill the eyes outside the box then vortex beater with chlorophyte bullets for the heart. I'm killing him nearly every time on expert solo. Obviously it'll be different for another class but this works very well for me

If your are not good at dodge, then crossnecklace(it's cheaper to reforge than star veil) wil be very good, and lots of potions, heart statues and a roof would also be very helpful.
If your are good, a UFO, cute fishron(with some honey spot in bubbles) or dash equipment(like Tabi) would be good.
Also, the nurse would be nice if you don't mind using her(I've beat moon lord in 430 max HP without any potions by using this method).

danger sense
I think danger sence potion would not help in this situation.

For the first time fighting the Moon Lord, don't be shy on any potions or Extra precautions. Feel free to cheese the fight with the Nurse NPC until you get the hang of it. I recommend that you use weapons that you have received from the Celestial Fragments. An arena for the Moon Lord is not like an arena for any other boss. It requires ALOT of moving space and ground that you can cover to dodge attacks. Don't feel bad that you might die the first time or so...it happens to the best of us.
"Good Luck"

hmm... That was a recent accomplishment for my friend and I. We just laid track in the sky from one end of the map to the other. Lined a good chunk of it with campfires. We had opposite beetle sets. He was the tanker one and I was using the other one. More or less he survived longer. Solar eruption worked rather well in combination with cloraphyte bullets(spelling is off on that one). Me personally all I had was the light discs death sickle. We both used a summon of some kind. I had the dragon and he had a prior version of summon that flies.

We just hopped on the rail and rode it from one end to the other till the lord was defeated. Took a while though the first time. Probably should have lined the entire track space with campfires... Spaced apart of course. Having the craftable minecart helps, as that is quick enough to stay alive and out of reach for the most part if you want to regenerate. We learned that after we defeated him, as we didn't know of the minecart then.

Of course with the above tactic he will be teleporting a lot if going high speeds, but like mentioned is enough to not get hit all the time. We were surprised that we defeated him... As the pillars were more difficult; well certain ones.

Is/Are the cultists/cultist very difficult? I'm thinking about taking on the whole shabang now that my arena is finished.

The cultist for us wasn't terribly difficult, it just took a bit. Not as long as the Lord took, but a decent amount of time if I remember correctly. I personly was able to handle the cultist alone, but the pillars there after only half of them I was able to do alone; while the other half I needed my teammate. So it shouldn't be too bad with the cultists themselves. At least in my first time experience. :dryadsmile:

Back
Top Bottom