MoonQuest: a procedurally-generated adventure game. Out now!

Update: Moonman has been fully funded! Thanks everyone for supporting the project! There are still 24 hours to go if you want to get alpha access or pre-order the game at a lower price!

Rubeszilla --- Ha yeh must be, I've never heard that before :p

Flameoffice --
- You're right, some of the dungeons, like the Labyrinth in the Puzzle Moon area, will have practically indestructible walls. Other dungeons you'll be able to hack through walls, but it will be difficult and time consuming. I may have weapon durability to counteract the 'cheesing'.

- Each playthrough will contain different groups of areas put together. So a short game might have just 4 areas, but they'll be chosen from a pool of 7+, and in addition they'll have modifiers on them. So in one game the forest area might be passive and in another might contain lots of ghosts or something. This aspect of the game is still heavily under design. Another difference is that any particular game may only have certain crafters, so you might not be able to craft, say crystal armour, in every game -- which then affects the way you can tackle each area. In that respect it's a little like Binding of Isaac.

- Yep there'll be a floating island / sky level, that requires more precise platforming and/or jumping/flying gear.

- I'm aiming for about $10-15USD on Steam on release. In any case, it'll be cheaper to pre-order it by bakcing the KS. :)

$10-15, seems reasonable. :D
(Wait, that's as much as Terraria! Maybe just $10 until it gets further developed?)

Hey, I saw this on Greenlight a few weeks ago. I'm glad to see it got funded and Greenlit. I'm looking forward to playing it when it's released.

Update: Moonman has been fully funded! Thanks everyone for supporting the project! There are still 24 hours to go if you want to get alpha access or pre-order the game at a lower price!

Rubeszilla --- Ha yeh must be, I've never heard that before :p

Flameoffice --
- You're right, some of the dungeons, like the Labyrinth in the Puzzle Moon area, will have practically indestructible walls. Other dungeons you'll be able to hack through walls, but it will be difficult and time consuming. I may have weapon durability to counteract the 'cheesing'.

- Each playthrough will contain different groups of areas put together. So a short game might have just 4 areas, but they'll be chosen from a pool of 7+, and in addition they'll have modifiers on them. So in one game the forest area might be passive and in another might contain lots of ghosts or something. This aspect of the game is still heavily under design. Another difference is that any particular game may only have certain crafters, so you might not be able to craft, say crystal armour, in every game -- which then affects the way you can tackle each area. In that respect it's a little like Binding of Isaac.

- Yep there'll be a floating island / sky level, that requires more precise platforming and/or jumping/flying gear.

- I'm aiming for about $10-15USD on Steam on release. In any case, it'll be cheaper to pre-order it by bakcing the KS. :)

Yesssssss, just what I was hoping for.

Also, the Puzzle Moon has been funded. Large dungeon area hype!

You're right, some of the dungeons, like the Labyrinth in the Puzzle Moon area, will have practically indestructible walls. Other dungeons you'll be able to hack through walls, but it will be difficult and time consuming. I may have weapon durability to counteract the 'cheesing'.
If you do end up adding weapon durability, I think that dungeon walls should damage your tools much more when you break them than other blocks will. That way, there's a higher chance of you using up one or two tools while trying to get through the walls. At least, that's my opinion.

I kind of feel awkward giving it without having backed the KS, though... I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds.

The game, now called MoonQuest, is finally out in Early Access! You can get it on Steam.

MoonQuest is sort of like a short quest-mode version of Terraria. You choose a character, each with different abilities and starting items, and then adventure out into the world to find complete your quest. The game is not about building and crafting (though you can do those things), but instead is about moving quickly through the world, finding new items, and trying to finish your quest before you die (you only have a few lives then you're dead).

The world is procedurally-generated and there are different Moons which influence the game in different ways. The Water Moon causes rain and flooding, the Giant Moon makes enemies bigger, and the Death Moon summons skeletons and curses items.

Nothing can ever compare to Terraria, but if you're looking for a side-quest, please check the game out.

5bf181923be4a026947f863da1bc95972d124f73_1_690x388.jpg

7ca02898d1763bcda928489a6b782a6e0aa256d0_1_690x388.png

4b64e028908667601ad029fdcb2f07511882cd4b_1_690x388.jpg

I could say, this is a pretty unfortunate name choice, as Moonman was an internet meme about McDonalds' old mascot, who was portrayed killing minorities and overall drastic stuff.
I cannot give a different name, but just pointing this out.

I could say, this is a pretty unfortunate name choice, as Moonman was an internet meme about McDonalds' old mascot, who was portrayed killing minorities and overall drastic stuff.
I cannot give a different name, but just pointing this out.

It was renamed a few years ago and is now called MoonQuest.

Back
Top Bottom