Morals from Video Games

sodapone🌳

Wall of Flesh
Let's try to keep this serious, alright? Alright.

That aside, what morals have video games taught you? I find that even a satirical game that never takes itself seriously can teach you something. Just list off one or two sentences about what you learned from a video game.

Here's my list. It's everything I could think of off the top of my head. I'll add more over time.
Pokemon Black & White - Just because you see one side of a person doesn't mean you know what's behind them. Anyone can be manipulated to think one way.
Pokemon X & Y - Humanity can find a way to coexist with nature. We just have to compromise.
MOTHER - Keep your chin up and believe. Be a Pollyanna.
MOTHER 2/EarthBound - Anyone can make a difference, even a ragtag group of tweens armed with baseball bats and yo-yos.
MOTHER 3 - Change can corrupt a society.
Animal Crossing - At the end of the day, it's your friends that matter most.
Tomodachi Life - Anything that can happen will happen. You just have to think of it.
Bravely Default - There's always a chance to make things right. Take it.
The Binding of Isaac - Religion can be a cruel thing.
Team Fortress 2 - Teamwork is cardinal. And sharing sandwiches.
Undertale - Your actions have consequences. Choose your path wisely, as you can never escape your past.

how long until this gets derailed?

Last edited:
Hmm... This may be short but..
  • Persona 3 to P4 Ultimax: Nothing is stronger than your bonds.
  • FE Awakening: Your future isn't set in stone
  • Kirby 64: Not everything is what it seems
  • Scribblenauts: Being a jerk will not get you anywhere.
  • Hatoful Boyfriend HolidayStar: Even those with good intentions can do terrible things

Civilization V: Never, under any circumstance, even commit a single act that Gandhi may view as threatening; for all that succeeds such an event is nuclear holocaust.

There's really only one moral I never legitimately had known before playing a video game, as most of my morals come from real life, rather than video games. The one exception to that was Papers Please and its whole deal with whether one should act out of goodwill or act depending on what is just.

kingdom hearts- friends are power, light over darkness, and of course, anything associated with darkness is terrible and should be killed immediately.
------------------------------------------serious--------------------------------------serious------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------lol

Terraria:
You can use gelatin to make fire
Never fall off of heights
Never use a surgically removed eyeball at night
Never talk to old men at night
Never break glowing pink bulbs
Never go to the eastern or western parts of the world or a giant gelatin monster will appear. Stay in the equator.
Never fish with truffle infused worms as bait
Never place an ancient battery into a glowing altar
Never use medallions made out of a magic alloy composed of unknown metals and pumpkins
Never open a present when you're in the naughty list
Never make a doll and name it "Andrew" and throw it in the fiery pits of Hell.
Never make mechanical eyes, skulls, or worms infused with the souls of light and dark
Never break three pulsating hearts or ominous orbs producing a faint red/violet glow
All unicorns are hostile
Having a solar eclipse summons the most famous Halloween figures of all time
Shaking a snow globe unleashes the Snowmen Mafia
Reading a peculiar pirate map will bring the pirates even though you don't live near the sea
Making a battle banner and then drawing a goblin on it summons a goblin army
Lunar eclipses make clowns go to your house
Gelatin is abundant

I think that's it.

This is a Terraria forum. so plz dont talk about other games. Terraria is awesome. Ima terrarian, see

This is a Terraria forum. so plz dont talk about other games. Terraria is awesome. Ima terrarian, see
If you don't like this section, then go out. The "Other Games" section is not for forum attackers like you.
You patriotism for Terraria has made you a monster with no sense of care and respect. We don't like people acting like that in this forum, so please stop.

I hope nobody said any of these:
GTA V: There are no serious consequences for anything.
Minecraft: You can defy the laws of physics if you are made of cubes.
League of Legends: Teamwork is great! But in five minutes your teamwork will be people swearing at you.

EDIT: Just realized Sodapone said this was a serious thread. Oops. But seriously, any video game that teaches you helpful morals probably isn't a video game.

Last edited:
-snip-
Lunar eclipses make clowns go to your house
-snip-
Blood Moons are apparently a thing IRL, my parents were talking about one happening a few days ago. Though it's probably just another name for a Lunar Eclipse, and doesn't function like Terraria.

Other than that, I learned that you can beat people up and get money from Pokémon.

Blood Moons are apparently a thing IRL
Blood Moons are actually FULL LUNAR ECLIPSES. Blood Moon is just it's stage name.
[DOUBLEPOST=1428411859][/DOUBLEPOST]LoL: Do a penta-kill and nothing happens
Die by a turret and the chatbox will be filled with everyone screaming at you.
TL;DR, the slightest mistake will be the biggest

Plants vs Zombies : You have to change yourself overtime. (In game you have to use specific kind of strategies to complete the level.)
Metal slug/ Terraria : It taught me to think ahead and also encourage to face the trouble.
Harvest Moon : Management your life.

Back
Top Bottom