Other More Agressive NPC

mario137br

Terrarian
When i started on PC terraria, i already knew that the NPCs can fight monsters and run from monsters, but when i saw it on action, i tough the NPCs don't attack very much, they're very much like running away, and, i don't know if its a issue, but the NPCs, when in a house, can't detect any monster or treath until they've got attacked, they only react then when attacked. So, i were thinking about a way to make the NPC AI more "agressive", that could fight with the monster to defend, and only start to run away when life reaches 80%-60%, because every NPC have unique combat abilities, and they can be very powerful to defend themselfes if fighting togheter, also, make then detect monster while in a housing at night/event as well, this one can put then in danger easily with the fighters AI monsters that open doors at Hardmode.

How about some sort of reaction to being sprayed by the water pistol you can buy from the merchant? They could run away with it, throw their hands up in surprise, tell you off or give you a slap?

And what about some sort of easter egg where one of the NPCs is terrified of say squirrels? So if you catch a squirrel and release it in their house they run around with their hands in the air?

The NPC and their critter-phobia could change every world, and to find out who is afraid of what other NPCs could sometimes drop hints.

When i started on PC terraria, i already knew that the NPCs can fight monsters and run from monsters, but when i saw it on action, i tough the NPCs don't attack very much, they're very much like running away, and, i don't know if its a issue, but the NPCs, when in a house, can't detect any monster or treath until they've got attacked, they only react then when attacked. So, i were thinking about a way to make the NPC AI more "agressive", that could fight with the monster to defend, and only start to run away when life reaches 80%-60%, because every NPC have unique combat abilities, and they can be very powerful to defend themselfes if fighting togheter, also, make then detect monster while in a housing at night/event as well, this one can put then in danger easily with the fighters AI monsters that open doors at Hardmode.
NPC's actually do detect monsters before they got hit. they're only not supposed to enter in combat because if the NPC's get's too powerful in combat, then they can be used to farm enemies. They're already able to beat a Goblin Army on their own.

Don't forget that you are their hero.

Back
Top Bottom