Blocks & Decoration More Beams + Pillars

Brick Creeper

Duke Fishron
Hello members of TCF!

Today I bring you my newest suggestion, More Beams. So far there is only one type of beam and that is the Wooden Beam. With only one type it can severely limit how you use it. Let's say you want to make a haunted house out of Ebonwood. If you wanted to use beams in the house the only options you have are to paint the wooden beams or to use some actuators on ebonwood blocks. This suggestion would add a variety of different beams with unique textures to match the type of wood they are made of.

• Wooden Beam (would be renamed Beam)
  • Rich Mahogany Beam
  • Eponwood Beam
  • Shadwood Beam
  • Perilwood Beam
  • Boreal Wood Beam
  • Palm Wood Beam
  • Dynasty Beam
  • Spooky Beam

As shown in the title, this suggestion also adds Pillars (not to be confused with the Pillar Statue). Pillars would be crafted at a Heavy Work bench with one stone (making two). Similar to the Beam, each Pillar would have unique texture.

• Pillar
  • Ebenstone Pillar
  • Crimstone Pillar
  • Perilstone Pillar
  • Mudstone Pillar
  • Sandstone Pillar
  • Obsidian Pillar

Also, using a Hammer, Beams and Pillars would be able to rotate into three positions. Vertical, horizontal, and diagonal.

I hoped you liked this suggestion, if you did, Please comment and remember to leave a like! Thank you!

Last edited:
Also, using a Hammer, Beams and Pillars would be able to rotate into three positions. Vertical, horizontal, and angle.
Shouldn't there be four positions, because of the two diagonal angles?
I agree, there need to be more beams in the game. I love wooden beams as far as decorating goes, so being able to get some different types would be nice. I could try to sprite some beams, if you wanted.
Pillars would enable me to make my own Parthenon and other ancient-temple-y stuff.

Shouldn't there be four positions, because of the two diagonal angles?
I agree, there need to be more beams in the game. I love wooden beams as far as decorating goes, so being able to get some different types would be nice. I could try to sprite some beams, if you wanted.
Pillars would enable me to make my own Parthenon and other ancient-temple-y stuff.
If you could sprite them that would be great! :D

Beams - W, EW, SW, PW, RM, BW, PaW, SpW, BDW, WDW.png

From left: Wood (for reference), Ebonwood, Shadewood, Pearlwood, Rich Mahogany, Boreal Wood, Palm Wood, Spooky Wood, Blue Dynasty Wood, Whit Dynasty Wood.
The outline for Blue Dynasty might not be very visible on certain forum themes.

View attachment 47201
From left: Wood (for reference), Ebonwood, Shadewood, Pearlwood, Rich Mahogany, Boreal Wood, Palm Wood, Spooky Wood, Blue Dynasty Wood, Whit Dynasty Wood.
The outline for Blue Dynasty might not be very visible on certain forum themes.
Thanks! :) ill add them right away (with credit). If it's not to much could you make them separate images and make the pillars?

Pillars - S, PS, ES, SS, MS, SaS.png

From left: Stone, Pearlstone, Ebonstone, Crimstone, Mudstone, Sandstone
Top shows the three separate sprites for the pillars when placed, underneath shows them placed. If in contact with a block below, makes bottom sprite. Block on top, top sprite. If there is no block on op or underneath when placed, forms middle sprite.
Hope you like them, they were quite a bit harder than the beams! :p

View attachment 47487
From left: Stone, Pearlstone, Ebonstone, Crimstone, Mudstone, Sandstone
Top shows the three separate sprites for the pillars when placed, underneath shows them placed. If in contact with a block below, makes bottom sprite. Block on top, top sprite. If there is no block on op or underneath when placed, forms middle sprite.
Hope you like them, they were quite a bit harder than the beams! :p
Could use scaling. Shall I?

Stone Pillar.png
Ebonstone Pillar.png
Crimstone Pillar.png
Pearlstone Pillar.png
Mudstone Pillar.png
Sandstone Pillar.png

Stone, Ebonstone, Crimstone, Pearlstone, Mudstone, Sandstone.
[DOUBLEPOST=1430057618,1430057398][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wooden beam.png
Ebonwood Beam.png
Shadewood Beam.png
Pearlwood Beam.png
Boreal Wood Beam.png
Rich Mahogany Beam.png
Palmwood Beam.png
Spooky Wood Beam.png
Blue Dynasty Wooden Beam.png
White Dynasty Wooden Beam.png

Wood, Ebonwood, Shadewood, Pearlwood, Boreal wood, Rich Mahogany, Palmwood, Spooky Wood, Blue Dynasty wood, White Dynasty wood.
Sorry about double post, couldn't support all images in one post.

Attachments

• Blue Dynasty Wooden Beam.png
    Blue Dynasty Wooden Beam.png
    274 bytes · Views: 417
  • Boreal Wood Beam.png
    Boreal Wood Beam.png
    273 bytes · Views: 506
  • Ebonwood Beam.png
    Ebonwood Beam.png
    261 bytes · Views: 499
  • Palmwood Beam.png
    Palmwood Beam.png
    272 bytes · Views: 458
  • Pearlwood Beam.png
    Pearlwood Beam.png
    267 bytes · Views: 471
  • Rich Mahogany Beam.png
    Rich Mahogany Beam.png
    262 bytes · Views: 412
  • Shadewood Beam.png
    Shadewood Beam.png
    279 bytes · Views: 307
  • Spooky Wood Beam.png
    Spooky Wood Beam.png
    270 bytes · Views: 449
if all the beams are going to look similar or the same, i see no reason to have them. these sprites need more variety, badly.

Back
Top Bottom