Items More Boomarangs

lmorrow

Terrarian
Here is some ideas for some more boomerangs as the class of melee weapons is still quite small

Copper/Tin Boomerang

9 damage

6 knockback

4% critical strike chance

15 use time

7 velocity

Iron/Lead Boomerang

11 damage

7 knockback

15 use time

9 velocity

Silver/Tungsten Boomerang

13 damage

8 knockback

15 use time

9 velocity

Gold/Platinum Boomerang

17 damage

8 knockback

13 use time

11 velocity

Meteor Boomerang

21 damage

8 knockback

13 use time

11 velocity

Inflicts on fire for 5 seconds

Cobalt/Palladium Boomerang

45 damage

8 knockback

8% critical strike chance

13 use time

12 velocity

Mythril/Orichalcum Boomerang

51 damage

8 knockback

13 use time

12 velocity

Adamantite/Titanium Boomerang

62 damage

8 knockback

13 use time

12 velocity

Chlorophyte Boomerang

71 damage

9 knockback

12% critical strike chance

12 use time

13 velocity

All boomerang’s would be crafted with 8 of the bar of their respective material.

Hmmmm, I don't know, this kinda removes the bit that you need to search for the boomerangs.
Also, boomerangs are supposed to be very weight to work, then how would exactly a gold boomerang fly and return?

To add something to the suggestion though, I would like it if I get something different than just a boomerang in hardmode. A special effect like thorn chakram's bounce and light discs stacks might work.

Here is some ideas for some more boomerangs as the class of melee weapons is still quite small

Copper/Tin Boomerang

9 damage

6 knockback

15 use time

7 velocity

Iron/Lead Boomerang

11 damage

7 knockback

15 use time

9 velocity

Silver/Tungsten Boomerang

13 damage

8 knockback

15 use time

9 velocity

Gold/Platinum Boomerang

17 damage

8 knockback

13 use time

11 velocity

Meteor Boomerang

21 damage

8 knockback

13 use time

11 velocity

Inflicts on fire for 5 seconds

Cobalt/Palladium Boomerang

45 damage

8 knockback

13 use time

12 velocity

Mythril/Orichalcum Boomerang

51 damage

8 knockback

13 use time

12 velocity

Adamantite/Titanium Boomerang

62 damage

8 knockback

13 use time

12 velocity

Chlorophyte Boomerang

71 damage

9 knockback

12% critical strike chance

12 use time

13 velocity

All boomerang’s would be crafted with 8 of the bar of their respective material.
MOAR BOOMERANGS!!!! I LIKE!!!

Yes, we need more boomerangs.

But not like this. We don't need a boomerang at every possible tier- nobody's going to use most of them. Boomerang progression is already quite nicely built in pre-HM, and we don't need anything added there. Early HM is a bit spotty but there is basically always a set you can use so that's not a huge issue.

If any new boomerangs are to be added, they should be near the endgame. Not scattered around pre-HM where we already have more than enough.

Don't forget that there are also Boomerang equivalents like the Possessed Hatchet... is that what it's called? (It's dropped from the Golem. My workplace blocks the Wiki, can't check.) And there is also the Light Disc and Chakrams, which are boomerangs.

I like the idea of more boomerangs, but it'd be nice to have some more special / varied types of boomerangs instead of ore-based boomerangs.

Yes, we need more boomerangs.

But not like this. We don't need a boomerang at every possible tier- nobody's going to use most of them. Boomerang progression is already quite nicely built in pre-HM, and we don't need anything added there. Early HM is a bit spotty but there is basically always a set you can use so that's not a huge issue.

If any new boomerangs are to be added, they should be near the endgame. Not scattered around pre-HM where we already have more than enough.
not every tier, you say? who's gunna use 'em, you say? well what about broadswords? is someone really likely to use a gold broadsword for long before he gets his lights bane? i mean, if your going to have it for all of one weapon type, why not more weapon types? just pointing that out.

Those are somewhat heavy substances, so how do you expect them to be made out from them and also fly?

Still, we do need more boomerangs.

not every tier, you say? who's gunna use 'em, you say? well what about broadswords? is someone really likely to use a gold broadsword for long before he gets his lights bane? i mean, if your going to have it for all of one weapon type, why not more weapon types? just pointing that out.
Broadswords are the base type of melee weapon and therefore there are far more than anybody needs. (Seriously, I just use a wooden one until I find something better.)

Plus, just because there are examples of poor game design doesn't mean it makes sense to add more. And as long as we're using logical fallacies, I might point out that the vast majority of weapons don't have iterations at every ore tier. If you want an example of tiering done relatively decently, you can take a look at the Yo-Yo- it's still not perfect but its leaps and bounds above what they did for swords.

Broadswords are the base type of melee weapon and therefore there are far more than anybody needs. (Seriously, I just use a wooden one until I find something better.)

Plus, just because there are examples of poor game design doesn't mean it makes sense to add more. And as long as we're using logical fallacies, I might point out that the vast majority of weapons don't have iterations at every ore tier. If you want an example of tiering done relatively decently, you can take a look at the Yo-Yo- it's still not perfect but its leaps and bounds above what they did for swords.
fair enough.

What we really need is a martian boomerang. I can see it now:

Crescent Moon
110 Melee Damage
2 Knockback(Very Weak)
4% Critical Strike Chance
8 Use Time(Insanely Fast)
20 Velocity
Tooltip: Far Out

It's a very fast boomerang with low knock back to stun-lock enemies. It leaves a blur when it moves that deals a fraction of the original's damage.

Hmm, I should use this idea.

For A Suggestion.png

For A Suggestion (1).png

For A Suggestion (2).png

For A Suggestion (3).png

@lmorrow oops, it seems like i dropped some sprites :p, i'll just leave em here for now. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom