Portfolio/Multi-Topic More Cultists (and cultist themed shtuff^3)

Which suggested features do you think are good and which features do you think are broken/trash

• (yes) NPC costumes

• (no) NPC costumes

• (yes) Vision Guardian

• (no) Vision Guardian

• (yes) Colored Cultists

• (no) Colored Cultist

• (yes) Cultist loot bag with Mysterious Tablet

• (no) Cultist loot bag with Mysterious Tablet

• (yes) dying only fabric

• (no) dying only fabric

• (yes) new dying mechanics

• (no) new dying mechanics

• (yes) one in many buff

• (no) one in many buff

Results are only viewable after voting.

ErrorCode9

Terrarian
To begin, I will be splitting my suggestions into categories and subcategories so if you are interested in NPCs or Items it will be there

The lunatic cultist, ancient cultist, and other cultists don't get much love in Terraria. They are an important boss that just leads to the final boss, a doorway into the true boss being overshadowed by the event it triggers. I feel that the cultist is part of the Celestial Pillars and Moonlord fight and thus, should be as popular, or atleast somewhat as infamous, as the Pillars. This is why I am suggesting these new features.

Peaceful NPCs

*Costume changes- Everyone loves how the NPCs look but what if we could change their looks to fit builds or color schemes with themes (possibly a cultist outfit) like pillar costumes post moonlord or nature or green themed costumes post plantera and so on for different points in the game. Ex: Getting a full set of wood armor could let you put a similar ascetic on your guide. Maybe a seasonal outfit, Chrismas costume or Halloween

Dangerous NPCs (Post Golem)

-Most cultists should drop a piece of the Night's Edge as a rare drop
*Vision Guardian- A hacking-exclusive boss similar to the Ancient Vision but with no vulnerable hitbox that only appears to a player with a hacked client or unusual stacked items whom attacks the player one minute after spawning/acquiring hacked items resulting in the kill message "*player* was exploited by their own mind"
*Blue Cultists- They already fill their purpose as a Lunatic Cultist summon
*Mage Cultists- The hoods of the cultists suggest a magical inclination and the boss supports this. Let there be a mage version of each of the below suggested themes.
*Red Cultists- A possible fire-themed cultist spawning in groups of 5 (2 archers, 2 warriors, and one mage) that (archers) shoot flaming arrows and (warriors) possibly use fiery greatswords and (mages) use a fire-themed spell unique to them, and spawn in the dungeon or hell as an extremely rare passive but trigger able enemy. It may fight existing enemies if hit first but won't damage or target fellow cultists.
*White Cultists- A cultist filling the same behavior as the red cultist but using blue cultist gear as an extremely rare dungeon spawn. I recommend they use murmasas or similar as they are a dungeon themed weapon with a blue tilt to them. I also recommend a waterbolt-like attack for thesame reason.
*Green Cultists- A possible jungle-themed enemy with the same properties as red cultists. The weapons of choice are the blade of grass, bee's knees with wooden arrows, and a stronger variant of the Dryad's attack with a supporting effect for all nearby cultists aswell as summoning bees.
*Purple Cultist- A Purple cultist with red trim fit for corruption and crimson alike. They will use a Blood Butcher or Light's bane depending on the world seed, aswell as the corresponding wood's bow and unholy arrows, and demon scythes, the corresponding spell book, and a possible third spell.

Items

-All items may become the Lunatic Cultist Loot Bag drop for expert mode
*Mysterious Tablet- This century must be protected for 3 seconds before summoning an ancient dragon (similar to a stardust dragon) to fight along side you. The stats are inferior to a stardust dragon but does not count as a summon, rather an entity with it's own hit points targeting enemies and, when there are none, following the closest player. When the dragon dies, if the tablet still hasn't fallen or despawned, it will wait 3 seconds and spawn a new one.
*Cultist Statue- statue that summons a random non-blue cultist dependent on the wire color that powered it (yellow-white) (red-red) (blue-purple) (green-green)

Dyes

helmet and breastplate Dyes should only effect the hood of cultist clothing(mask, hood, and cloak)
boot Dyes should effect the trim of the cultist clothing (an odd decision but oddly effective in practice)
Equip 1 slot should effect the mask/eyes of the cultist clothing

Buffs

*One of many- a buff that increases all stats dependent on the number of allied players on screen with matching vanity armor (regular armor if no vanity is equipped)

END

That is what I would like in Terraria 1.3.7 because it is way too much to put in Terraria 1.3.6. What are your ideas on underrated themes in terraria that could be expanded on?
If a Terraria developer is reading this, thank you for your time and thank you for your effort implementing such a thing if that time does arise.

Back
Top Bottom