Biomes & Nature More developed ocean content

Reactorcore

Terrarian
I saw this image posted on 4chan - and despite its crass language - I still thought it raised a valid point.
1591188768160.png
Since 1.4 was the final official content update, I guess its up to modders to continue the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Reactorcore - please don't post images with uncensored profanity on the forums. Text is fine, as we have an optional filter but it can't detect text in images.
Also, I've moved this thread to the suggestion forums as it's not really anything to do with modding.

While 1.4 is the last big expansion, I can see a small expansion, such as 1.4.1, happening - Something like "Ocean Upgrade". We already had upgrades in this style, such as 1.3.3.: the desert update.

That tunnel was a promising START for new Ocean content, but yeah I guess Red just doesn't care about all the empty places in his game, even if he's made about 7 whole items specifically made for water. Would be nice if he fleshed out literally anything besides Summoner, but yeah I'm not expecting that to happen.
I also have no idea why he likes having random chunks of content be completely unable to appear in many worlds. That has to just be a lazy excuse for "balancing."

While 1.4 is the last big expansion, I can see a small expansion, such as 1.4.1, happening - Something like "Ocean Upgrade". We already had upgrades in this style, such as 1.3.3.: the desert update.
1.4.1 is mostly going to be for the vanity sets, cross fingers so this might happen.

Admittedly, that long underwater tunnel had me scratch my head. There's a water chest at the end with generic water chest loot. I'd expected to at least see some special loot in there.
Other than that, I'm not really bothered by the ocean lacking any underwater bosses/temples etc. I find that it feels rather complete, what with all the new critters and so on.
Make a good-looking pier there and you have a very nice retreat.
If I were ReLogic, I'd remove that tunnel or have a special chest at the end of it.

I think the image on the left looks pretty silly in all honesty. Ii think the right is fine, but I wish it were more fleshed out

What's more dissapointing is that the antlion underground got almost entirely revamped, with new holes (little openings in the desert or large ones) new ambients, traps and enemies; Ocean by comparison feels very bare, all you need are flipper accessories and teleport potions for emergencies to cheese the low amount of loot in either water chest and even on master mode you're in no great danger except maybe boredom of walking there to a empty biome to fish for 5 minutes, then mirror back to rejoin the rest of the world without a pylon/teleportation pad/asphalt or mass railcart transport network.

Left Image least captures the idea that a dungeon (if not just a ocean temple with enemies and spawning conditions similar to the jungle one) and greater biome structure would be beneficial to its replayability outside of fishing.

Back
Top Bottom