Is this balanced or overpowered?

• It's balanced.

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • It's overpowered.

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

ViperSA

Terrarian
I've always wanted more endless ammo, and have now resorted to using the luiafk mod. This would be so useful, and maybe make the higher tier ones made with 10 stacks? To balance it out maybe. Still, I hope the devs add this for 1.3.6.

Yeah, nice reminder. I do think endless bullets of any type, even chloro/lumi are pretty fine for the past-ML (or even earlier for some bullet types) player, totally deserved and won't break anything, just less (aka none) farm required.

I would absolutely love this.
There's nothing unbalanced about it, it just saves people time by not needing to farm/buy resources/craft all the time. A quality of life upgrade.

More Endless bullets and arrows would be nice. However, I would consider this somewhat overpowered. I would propose that "higher-tier" Endless Ammo Pouches could require higher-tier materials (such as Hallowed Bars, Ectoplasm, maybe even Luminite). That way it becomes somewhat balanced. I don't even use Endless Pouches at all, because there's only the basic types.

Take a look at any mod that gives endless ammo items and you'll see that the balancing factor of endless quivers/musket pouches is that they only shoot plain ammo. Other variations tend to be super OP because the ammo is infinitely abundant.

As an example, some mods give endless star cannon stars, which is essentially game-breaking because of how powerful the star cannon is at the stage of the game when it's available. The weapon is especially strong, yet the sheer expense of getting enough stars for full effectiveness balances it. The same general concept is true of chlorophyte, luminite, etc.
Well, if you grant endless ammo right away when players gets that ammo/weapon ofc it's gna be sliiightly OP. Give it later, maybe VERY late, like past-ML and it's gonna be absolutely fine.

Back
Top Bottom