NPCs & Enemies More expert mode attacks and debuffs.

Goomy

Skeletron Prime
More enemies should have expert mode only attacks and more enemies should inflict debuffs in expert mode.

Mother_Slime.png
Corrupt_Slime.png

Mother slimes spawn 3-4 baby slimes upon death instead of 1-3 and corrupt slimes spawn 4 slimelings upon death instead of 3.

All fighter AI skeletons throw bones instead of just normal cavern skeletons.

Snatcher.png
Man_Eater.png
Angry_Trapper.png

Snatchers, Man Eaters and Angry Trappers can lunge at you quickly and erratically. Angry Trappers can also spit seeds that inflict poison like those that Plantera shoots in phase 1.

Blazing_Wheel.png
Blazing wheels can inflict the On Fire! debuff.

70px-Shark.png
Sharks can inflict bleeding.

Piranha.png
Piranhas can inflict bleeding.

45px-Wall_Creeper.png
Wall creepers can spit web at you just like Black Recluses. The spit inflicts the Webbed debuff.

Blood_Feeder.png
Blood Feeders can inflict bleeding.

25px-Ghost_%28enemy%29.png
Ghosts can inflict Weak.

50px-Flying_Snake.png
Flying Snakes can inflict feral bite and venom.

35px-Giant_Cursed_Skull.png
Giant cursed skulls can inflict the cursed debuff. They should be able to inflict the cursed debuff in normal mode as well.

35px-Lamia.png
Lamias can inflict the cursed debuff.

45px-Jungle_Creeper.png
Jungle Creepers can inflict venom and spit web at you that inflicts the Webbed debuff.

Wandering_Eye.png
Phase 2 Wandering Eyes can ram the player like the Eye of Cthulhu does in phase 2.
Wandering Eyes can pass through blocks during blood moons.

Rainbow_Slime.png

Rainbow Slimes can inflict the confused debuff.

Green_Jellyfish.png
Green Jellyfish can inflict the Electrified debuff when they are electrified.

35px-Clown.png
Chattering_Teeth_Bomb.png

Clowns can sometimes spawn a Chattering Teeth Bomb. http://terraria.wiki.gg/Chattering_Teeth_Bomb

20px-Ice_Golem.png
Ice Golems can Inflict Frostburn.

Mister_Stabby.png
35px-Snow_Balla.png
35px-Snowman_Gangsta.png
All three Frost Legion enemies can inflict the chilled debuff on contact.

Dr._Man_Fly.png
Dr. ManFly's vials can inflict poison.

Drakanian.png
Drakomire_Rider.png
Drakanians and Drakomire Riders can inflict the On Fire! debuff.

Super_Dart_Trap.png
Super Dart Traps inflict Venom.

Possessed_Armor.png
Possessed Armors can carry a sword that works like the zombie arms carried by zombies.

35px-Poltergeist.png
Poltergeists can throw furniture at you. Their AI is changed so that they can float through the air as well.

Retinazer_%28Second_Form%29.png
Phase 2 Retinazer can charge up and then shoot a big laser like the one fired from the Charged Blaster Cannon. The laser inficts the electrified debuff.

EDIT: More things!

Blue_Jellyfish.png
Pink_Jellyfish.png
Pre-Hardmode jellyfish can inflict the Shocked Debuff(Weaker version of electrified) when they are electrified.

Black_Slime.png

Black slimes have a low chance to inflict Blackout.

Most enemies that shoot projectiles can sometimes fire a triple shot.

Granite_Golem.png
Granite Golems can deflect projectiles when shielding.

70px-Shark.png
The spawn rate of sharks increases when a player is bleeding.

35px-Crimslime.png
Crimslimes can inflict weak.

Ice_Slime.png

Ice Slimes can inflict the Frozen debuff.

Illuminant_Bat.png
Illuminant_Slime.png
Illuminant bats and slimes can inflict the confused debuff.

40px-Paladin.png
Paladins can use their shield to become invulnerable and deflect projectiles for a few seconds.

35px-Snow_Balla.png
Snow Balla can inflict chilled and frozen with its snowballs.

On blood moons Zombies and Possessed Armors can break down doors like a goblin peon does instead of opening them.

40px-Elf_Copter.png
Elf Copters can drop exploding presents just like Santa-NK1.

Crimson Thorny bushes inflict bleeding, Corruption Thorny bushes inflict weak, and Jungle Thorny Bushes inflict poison.

EDIT2: Even more things!

Goblins in a hardmode Goblin Army have their health and damage buffed to Possessed Armor levels.

40px-Sand_Elemental.png
Sand Elementals spawn 4 Sandnados instead of 3.

Prime_Cannon.png
The bombs fired from the Prime Cannon detonate when they hit platforms.

35px-The_Destroyer_%28technical%29.png
Once the destroyer reaches 10000 health it releases all probes that are still attached to it. Contact damage done by the Destroyer has a different immunity cooldown than other attacks.

25px-Probe.png
Probes only have a 25% chance to drop hearts instead of a 33% chance.

Plantera.png
Phase 2 Plantera can inflict Bleeding and Venom on contact.

Plantera%27s_Tentacle.png
Plantera's tentacles can sometimes inflict bleeding.

Leech_Head.png
Leeches can inflict bleeding. Credit to WasKilledBy_115.

Servant_of_Cthulhu.png
Servants of Cthulhu drop hearts less often.

80px-Mourning_Wood.png
Instead of shooting regular flames, Mourning Wood shoots green cursed flames that inflict the Cursed Inferno debuff.

90px-Flying_Dutchman.png
The Flying Dutchman can pass through blocks.

Severed Hands only spawn in expert mode Solar eclipses and inflict Obstructed.

50px-Moth.png
Moths fly around much faster and can inflict poison.

Mimic.png
Ice_Mimic.png
Regular Mimics can ground pound like Biome mimics. They cannot pass through blocks with it.

Fungi_Bulb.png

Fungi Bulbs spawn in prehardmode underground mushroom biomes.

EDIT3: More things

Prime_Saw.png
The Prime Saw inflicts Bleeding.

50px-Slimer.png
Slimers can inflict Weak.

World_Feeder_Head.png
World Feeders shoot Vile Spit just like the Eater of Worlds.

25px-Antlion.png
Infected deserts have infected Antlions that shoot the biome's respective sand. Ebonsand and Crimsand can inflict weak and Pearlsand can inflict Silenced.

Cave_Bat.png
Cave Bats can inflict Confused.

Hellbat.png
Lava_Bat.png
Hell Bats and Lava Bats can inflict On Fire!

Squid.png
Squids shoot ink that inflicts either Darkness or rarely Blackout.

Undead_Miner.png
Undead miners throw bombs that do not destroy blocks.

Red_Slime.png
Yellow_Slime.png
Red and Yellow Slimes can spawn during a Slime Rain. Purple Slimes are more common.

Spiked_Ice_Slime.png
Spiked_Jungle_Slime.png
Spikes Slimes can inflict Bleeding.

Desert_Spirit.png
Desert Spirits can inflict Cursed.

Ice_Elemental.png
Ice Elementals can inflict Frozen.

50px-Flying_Snake.png
Flying Snakes drop to the ground when killed just like Slimers. They have the fighter AI and move like Worms.

50px-Giant_Tortoise.png
50px-Ice_Tortoise.png
Tortoises can inflict Broken Armor (Might be a bit too strong). Ice Tortoises can inflict Chilled.

Dungeon_Spirit.png
Dungeon Spirits can inflict Silenced and more rarely Cursed.

65px-Sand_Shark.png
65px-Bone_Biter.png
65px-Flesh_Reaver.png
65px-Crystal_Thresher.png
Sand Sharks can inflict Bleeding.

30px-Goblin_Archer.png
Goblin archers shoot Shadowflame arrows in Hardmode.

25px-Goblin_Sorcerer.png
Goblin Sorcerers inflict Shadowflame in Hardmode.

45px-Etherian_Javelin_Thrower.png
28px-Hoplite.png
Etherian Javelin Throwers and Hoplites can inflict Bleeding with their Javelins.

Mister_Stabby.png
Mister Stabby can inflict Bleeding with his knife.

35px-Poltergeist.png
Poltergeists can inflict Cursed.

35px-Flocko.png
Flockos inflict Chilled.

40px-Hellhound.png
Hellhounds can inflict Bleeding and On Fire!.

Feel free to suggest more expert mode only attacks and debuffs.

Last edited:
I think the only one I disagree with is the Trappers/Eaters/Snatchers spitting fire at you.
A more hilarious idea that probably won't get any support at all is that Angry Trappers can fire chlorophyte bullets at you at an incredible pace, since they rarely drop Uzis for some reason.

Besides the snatchers which I think should spit thorns with a chance to inflict venom you have my full support for this ^-^ As much as it would be a pain in my back side +1

Mother slimes spawn 3-4 baby slimes upon death instead of 1-3 and corrupt slimes spawn 4 slimelings upon death instead of 3.

All fighter AI skeletons throw bones instead of just normal cavern skeletons.
Snatchers, Man Eaters and Angry Trappers can lunge at you quickly and erratically. Angry Trappers can also spit seeds that inflict poison like those that Plantera shoots in phase 1. Blazing wheels can inflict the On Fire! debuff.Sharks can inflict bleeding.Piranhas can inflict bleeding.
Blood Feeders can inflict bleeding.
Ghosts can inflict Weak.Flying Snakes can inflict feral bite.Giant cursed skulls can inflict the cursed debuff. They should be able to inflict the cursed debuff in normal mode as well.Lamias can inflict the cursed debuff.Rainbow Slimes can inflict the confused debuff.
Green Jellyfish can inflict the Electrified debuff when they are electrified.Ice Golems can Inflict Frostburn.All three Frost Legion enemies can inflict the chilled debuff on contact.
Dr. ManFly's vials can inflict poison.Drakanians and Drakomire Riders can inflict the On Fire! debuff.
Super Dart Traps inflict Venom.Possessed Armors can carry a sword that works like the zombie arms carried by zombies.
I'm fine with these.
Wall creepers can spit web at you just like Black Recluses. The spit inflicts the Webbed debuff.
Why? There's pretty much nothing in pre-hardmode spider nests (with the exception of the web slinger but that's "meh")
Jungle Creepers can inflict venom and spit web at you that inflicts the Webbed debuff.
These are pretty much the weakest enemy in the hardmode underground jungle so why not?
Phase 2 Wandering Eyes can ram the player like the Eye of Cthulhu does in phase 2.
Why not? More reasons to avoid nighttime in expert.
Clowns can sometimes spawn a Chattering Teeth Bomb. http://terraria.wiki.gg/Chattering_Teeth_Bomb
A nice use for an unused enemy. Clowns are far from dangerous after the nerf of 1.2 anyways.
Poltergeists can throw furniture at you.
That would be cool.
Phase 2 Retinazer can charge up and then shoot a big laser like the one fired from the Charged Blaster Cannon.
Expert mech-bosses need some unique attacks so this would be nice.

These ideas are all amazing, they would all have a place in Expert Mode and the more enemy variety the better!

EDIT: Here's a new idea, let Basilisk's inflict Poison on hit, and freeze the player the same way Medusa does.

Things should drop more common in Expert mode if this change gets applied, as nobody likes grinding and working hard for better stuff sounds good

Wandering_Eye.png

I think phase 2 Wandering Eyes should be able to travel through blocks. They do that in the mobile version, and I like that.
EDIT: although it is annoying sometimes when a wandering eye goes through blocks and hits a npc, since that can kill them in four hits

These ideas are all amazing, they would all have a place in Expert Mode and the more enemy variety the better!

EDIT: Here's a new idea, let Basilisk's inflict Poison on hit, and freeze the player the same way Medusa does.
No just No. Medusa's Debuff is too unfair.

I oppose Mourning Wood shooting cursed flames as it ruins its ascetic. however a new fire debuff could be made instead. Realistically the Pumpkin moon at wave 15 in expert is hard enough as is so their isn't really a need to make it harder... (Unless you are playing spectre hood Mage you can't recover from a death on wave 15 as Pumpkings spawn kill you instantly due to their numbers alone. I haven't found anyway around this with pre lunar gear.

As for the Goblin army give the archers shadowflame bows and the warriors the shadowflame dagger attack. Thieves could use spiky balls as long as they are differentiated from player used ones or enemy drops perhaps a shadowflame vairant? Which I guess could be dropped on death?

The angry trappers that shoot the player has to be a separate expert only variant similar to how black recluses/skeletons work. And Skeletons should not be changed to work like this either as statue mechanics would require them to throw bones in normal mode as well.(expert mode attack possessing entities are their own separate enemies so can't be summoned from regular skeleton/zombie statues. Likewise the expert only versions statues spawn their variants in normal mode if powered as well)

The destroyer changes (mainly the release all probes at once) don't really address the real problem a better solution personally would be to make a probe-less segment invincible-(for both expert and normal honestly it is a joke)
An idea for an expert only end phase attack I have had is to have him disappear(i.e. teleport) and then reappear separated into individual segments that would reappear surrounding the player and sequentially charge the player and reform.

Plantera doesn't need Venom debuff Venom is a bit too potent due to the lack of player ways to mitigate this. If a solution (such as a potion to cure most debuffs) were added it might be fine but as is I think it is a bit much as Plantera's second form is actually one of the more challenging expert bosses without cheesing strategies(i.e. highly buffed Turtle armored Melee character speced in defense and attack speed w/ Light Fetid Baghnakhs is the only one that comes to mind but it is so reckless and ingenious that I think it is fine especially as the player often will die along with Plantera) Bleeding is an expert boss standard with player countermeasures so it is fine :)

If the giant cursed skulls get the ability to inflict cursed debuff then they should also drop the Nazar that accessory is the hardest Ankh component to acquire anyways

While the invincibility addition is good I think projectile reflection is a bit much for common enemies outside of events

Elf Copters are already too annoying they don't need a buff ever. -_-

While players shouldn't be using doors in any exterior environment I don't think breaking them down is a good idea (I don't like enemies being able to grief the player)

And lastly Golem needs a rework completely

Everything else as of now should be counted as supported ;)

Back
Top Bottom