Weapons & Equip More Flails

So Snickerbobble made a good suggestion a while back, it involved changing the damage types of a few weapon types and adding a new weapon type to melee as a replacement. A smaller part that was in one part was modifying flails so they deal damage based on the speed they were moving. Though my suggestion has no affiliation with that one it did get me thinking about flails. Also check out that suggestion, link below.

Here it is

Puffer fish
index.php

Sprite by @Eli10293
Damage: 10
Knockback: 4
Velocity: 12
Use Time: 44

Inflicts Poison

It is obtained through fishing in the ocean, how much fishing power sounds good to you?

Egg Sac
index.php

Sprite by @Eli10293
Damage: 49
Knockback: 5
Velocity: 14

When you strike an enemy there's a chance for small spiders to spawn. The chance is higher if the flail is moving at a higher speed. The spiders stay for four strikes and inflict venom 25% of the time. Though the damage is lower than the Dao of Pow the spiders end up making it more powerful. Of course there are many circumstances where confusion will be more helpful.

If someone wants to sprite this it is pretty much a white ball of web and the "chain" is something like the web slinger hook.

When I say how it's obtained you may hate me. It is a hardmode enemy that spawns in spider nests.
Egg Sac
Max Life: 250
Defense: 20
Damage: 0
KB Resist: 100%

It drops the Egg Sac flail 10% of the time.

It does 0 damage so you may be wondering why I said you may hate me for it, well it spawns more enemies.

Spiderling
Max Life: 100
Defense: 25
Damage: 50
KB Resist: 80% on wall, 40% off wall

It inflicts venom 25% of the time. It also takes up a very small amount of space, building angled tunnels to block the black recluses from getting to you won't stop these ones. These are spawned every three seconds by the egg sac and an additional one is spawned for every 50 damage the egg sac takes. To be clear they only spawn spiders when a player is nearby.

Prime Skull
Damage: 74
Knockback: 8
Velocity: 24

Instant kills enemies during the day Sorry couldn't resist a terrible joke. It's a large spinning flail with high damage and speed. The damage penalty for lower speeds is lower than other flails.

It is crafted with 12 hallowed bars, 10 souls of fright, and 3 souls of night/light at a hardmode anvil. That recipe is just to show it's post mech.

I know that it leaves tier gaps for true flails, after plantera there's nothing of the sort. I need time to think of a way though. If there are other true flails in the suggestion forums that you'd like me to add to the post send me a link.

Well anyway what are your thoughts so far? Please leave a comment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom