Weapons & Equip More Friendly Enemies (Specific Types)

What do you think?

• Total voters

GIRGHGH

Empress of Light
In Terraria a new mechanic was added for slimes using the slime crown. I was thinking of expanding on this a bit further, but nothing TOO crazy.

Royal Comb: Dropped by Queen be in hardmode expert mode.
+Stinger insects are friendly.

Antlion Repellant: Dropped by regular mummies at a .8% Chance.
+Antlions and Desert worms are friendly.

Brain Samplers: Dropped by a Clown in expert mode.
+Zombies are Friendly.

Bones of Skelepower: Dropped by Paladin in expert mode.
+Skeletons and bone serpents are friendly.

Blood Stone: Dropped by Drippers at a 4.7% chance in expert mode.
Corrupt/Crimsoned Critters are friendly.

Frozen Heart: Dropped by Ice Golems in expert mode.
+Cold Based enemies are friendly.
+Chilled effect

The Deal: Dropped by Red devils in Expert mode.
+Enemies in the underworld are friendly.
+Slowly loose life.
+Blood moon lighting effect.

Generosity Diamond: Crafted by a Diamond ring and 60 pink Gel.
+Mimics are friendly.
+Mimics are immune.

Posidian Emblem: Dropped by Duke Fishron in expert mode.
+See creatures are friendly
+0% chance for a pirate invasion without use of a pirate map.

Gob Tags: Dropped by the Goblin Summoner In expert mode.
+Non-Summoner Goblins are friendly.
+Spike balls are free.

Blind Faith: Dropped by Moon lord in expert mode at a 4.5% chance.
+All enemies are friendly.
+0% lighting, regardless of buffs.
-map

This suggestion is up for constructive criticism as well as additional suggestion.

Last edited:
Most of these are ridiculously overpowered. Your taking entire groups of enemies and making them no threat at all.
There are far more slimes than there are of any enemy I mentioned. The more powerful ones give debuffs and most of these are obtained in late game expert mode. If anything these are useless wastes of an accessory slot, due to insufficiency. The blind faith one is pretty much no more useful than pausing the game or teleportation potion, the underworld one makes you die if you wear it too long, and the frost one gives you one of the most annoying debuffs in the game. Also, YOUR COMMENT IS NOT CONSTRUCTIVE in ANY way, and is there for null and pointless. You are supposed to say how it can be improved, and in no way is it exceptable to improve it through the direct disimplementaion of these items.

There are far more slimes than there are of any enemy I mentioned. The more powerful ones give debuffs and most of these are obtained in late game expert mode. If anything these are useless wastes of an accessory slot, due to insufficiency. The blind faith one is pretty much no more useful than pausing the game or teleportation potion, the underworld one makes you die if you wear it too long, and the frost one gives you one of the most annoying debuffs in the game. Also, YOUR COMMENT IS NOT CONSTRUCTIVE in ANY way, and is there for null and pointless. You are supposed to say how it can be improved, and in no way is it exceptable to improve it through the direct disimplementaion of these items.
I am being constructive. What I'm saying is that slimes are weak enemies that are widespread across many biomes, whereas your accessories can negate entire biomes worth of enemies.

I am being constructive. What I'm saying is that slimes are weak enemies that are widespread across many biomes, whereas your accessories can negate entire biomes worth of enemies.
Most of these only affect few of the enemies. Stinger enemies include only hornets and spikes from spiked jungle slimes. There are very few enemies in the ocean, tundra, and underworld that are of great difficulty by the time you get the item, and the mimic one makes mimic invincible, simply to make their trick not work. The goblin one take all the weak goblins out of the equation other than the only challenging one, the bloodmoon one and antlion one only deal with 2 and 5 enemies, and the zombie/skeleton one is only a little more useful than the slime one, as they are not too far off from each other, not to mention the skeleton one is post-paladin. Any one of these only deal with a handfull of enemies, or easy enemies.
Also, you must not know what constructive means. It's not saying why it's bad, it's saying how it can be changed to be good. There are two parts to constructive criticism. Criticizing, saying why it's bad, and constructing, saying what needs to be changed.

Half those colours aren't readable in the Corruption forum theme...
  • Royal Comb: Queen Bee is a normal mode boss, so adding a hardmode drop for her probably isn't appropriate. I like the item idea cause I hate Moss Hornets, but it needs more information. Which enemies in particular are friendly?
  • Antlion Repellent: Affects too many enemies. The item covers all normal mode enemies but is virtually useless in hardmode, when you would receive the item.
  • Brain Sampler: I like this one, but not so sure about the item itself. I feel as if a zombie costume or brain masker or something would be better fitting.
  • Bones of Skelepower: Affects too many enemies and make the Dungeon more or less pointless. We go to the Dungeon to kill skeletons for awesome weapons! :)
  • Blood Stone, Frozen Heart: Affects too many enemies.
  • The Deal: Feels a bit pointless to be honest. The lava is the main hazard of the Underworld, not the enemies.
  • Generosity Diamond: I like this one too, but not the crafting recipe. I can't think of anything better though.
  • Poseidon Emblem: A bit too vague, but could be OK. Does this cover all water creatures or only Ocean enemies? And I think you have a typo with "plus zero percent chance".
  • Goblin Tags: Useless as the only non-invasion Goblin is the scout. Invasion Goblins can be killed with a pointy stick.
  • Blind Faith: I don't understand this one and I think you have a typo again. "Plus zero percent lighting" and "enemies are immune". I'm assuming this item is supposed to make the screen black and hide the map? That in of itself would make it useless, friendly enemies or no. Dimming the lighting would be OK, but not a whole black out.
Perhaps an alternative for some of these items would be to make the enemies neutral unless provoked, such as with the Lunar Cultists.

• Royal Comb: Queen Bee is a normal mode boss, so adding a hardmode drop for her probably isn't appropriate. I like the item idea cause I hate Moss Hornets, but it needs more information. Which enemies in particular are friendly?
  • Antlion Repellent: Affects too many enemies. The item covers all normal mode enemies but is virtually useless in hardmode, when you would receive the item.
  • Brain Sampler: I like this one, but not so sure about the item itself. I feel as if a zombie costume or brain masker or something would be better fitting.
  • Bones of Skelepower: Affects too many enemies and make the Dungeon more or less pointless. We go to the Dungeon to kill skeletons for awesome weapons! :)
  • The Deal: Feels a bit pointless to be honest. The lava is the main hazard of the Underworld, not the enemies.
  • Generosity Diamond: I like this one too, but not the crafting recipe. I can't think of anything better though.
  • Poseidon Emblem: A bit too vague, but could be OK. Does this cover all water creatures or only Ocean enemies? And I think you have a typo with "plus zero percent chance".
  • Goblin Tags: Useless as the only non-invasion Goblin is the scout. Invasion Goblins can be killed with a pointy stick.
  • Blind Faith: I don't understand this one and I think you have a typo again. "Plus zero percent lighting" and "enemies are immune". I'm assuming this item is supposed to make the screen black and hide the map? That in of itself would make it useless, friendly enemies or no. Dimming the lighting would be OK, but not a whole black out.
Perhaps an alternative for some of these items would be to make the enemies neutral unless provoked, such as with the Lunar Cultists.
Before I respond to the rest, Bloodstone only affects corrupt/crimsoned CRITTERS. Only the bunnies and goldfish.

Ok. Fixed the color, I realize that can be annoying. The all enemies are immune was a typo, I meant all enemies are friendly. The idea is the phrase, if I can's see you, you can't see me.

The Royal Comb is for enemies that use stinger attacks, including hornets and the stingers of jungle slimes. The slime itself isn't friendly.

The band of skelepower probably needs a later obtaination point, such as golem, but he already has a lot of drops.

The +0% in the Posidean Emblem means that the effect is added that makes it 0%, rather than adding 0% to the existing one.

The antlion repellent would only be to make the weak enemies not bother you, as well as the Desert Splicer worm not attack you.

I don't know about a name for the Zombie one.

The Goblin one would only need to be worn during the invasion, that's the entire point of these, they are going to take up an accessory slot, so using them situationally is necessary.

The deal is because once you bridge the underworld, enemies are honestly the only threat, all be it more of an annoyance that an actual threat.

I did indeed misinterpret the "critter" to mean all enemies and not the actual Critters. Regarding the Antlion Repellent, what about Tomb Crawlers? Does it affect them? (They're a Desert worm enemy.)

I'm still a bit iffy about some of these but I like the idea of more friendly enemies. (Though I'd prefer them being neutral so they retaliate if attacked.) Even if not used for general fighting, they could be very useful for builders or explorers in specific scenarios.

In Terraria a new mechanic was added for slimes using the slime crown. I was thinking of expanding on this a bit further, but nothing TOO crazy.

Royal Comb: Dropped by Queen be in hardmode expert mode.
+Stinger insects are friendly.

Antlion Repellant: Dropped by regular mummies at a .8% Chance.
+Antlions and Desert worms are friendly.

Brain Samplers: Dropped by a Clown in expert mode.
+Zombies are Friendly.

Bones of Skelepower: Dropped by Paladin in expert mode.
+Skeletons and bone serpents are friendly.

Blood Stone: Dropped by Drippers at a 4.7% chance in expert mode.
Corrupt/Crimsoned Critters are friendly.

Frozen Heart: Dropped by Ice Golems in expert mode.
+Cold Based enemies are friendly.
+Chilled effect

The Deal: Dropped by Red devils in Expert mode.
+Enemies in the underworld are friendly.
+Slowly loose life.
+Blood moon lighting effect.

Generosity Diamond: Crafted by a Diamond ring and 60 pink Gel.
+Mimics are friendly.
+Mimics are immune.

Posidian Emblem: Dropped by Duke Fishron in expert mode.
+See creatures are friendly
+0% chance for a pirate invasion without use of a pirate map.

Gob Tags: Dropped by the Goblin Summoner In expert mode.
+Non-Summoner Goblins are friendly.
+Spike balls are free.

Blind Faith: Dropped by Moon lord in expert mode at a 4.5% chance.
+All enemies are immune.
+0% lighting, regardless of buffs.
-map

This suggestion is up for constructive criticism as well as additional suggestion.

What does blind faith mean by all enemies are immune? Also when the HM mobs drop items that affect all of that type of enemy (Ex: Bones of Skelepower: Dropped by Paladin in expert mode. +Skeletons and bone serpents are friendly.) or just the pre-HM ones?

What does blind faith mean by all enemies are immune? Also when the HM mobs drop items that affect all of that type of enemy (Ex: Bones of Skelepower: Dropped by Paladin in expert mode. +Skeletons and bone serpents are friendly.) or just the pre-HM ones?
Read an above post of mine. I'm still fixing the OP.

So many accesories and we don't have many accesory slots. I wouldn't prefer to carry lots of accesories that only makes mobs friendly. That would cause so much inventory mess. And also, dealing with weak enemies really important part of the game, else it would be a "kill the most difficult ones and then the others already friendly" game, and of course it wouldn't be good at all...

So many accesories and we don't have many accesory slots. I wouldn't prefer to carry lots of accesories that only makes mobs friendly. That would cause so much inventory mess. And also, dealing with weak enemies really important part of the game, else it would be a "kill the most difficult ones and then the others already friendly" game, and of course it wouldn't be good at all...
What I'm trying to do is make it so you can focus on progression, rather than endlessly fight enemies that annoy you more than pose a real threat.

What I'm trying to do is make it so you can focus on progression, rather than endlessly fight enemies that annoy you more than pose a real threat.
In reality, I like weaker enemies, they're usually one-shot and on most situations this is really useful. If you don't want to spend effort over them just feel free to use a Stardust Dragon Staff twice or three times.

In reality, I like weaker enemies, they're usually one-shot and on most situations this is really useful. If you don't want to spend effort over them just feel free to use a Stardust Dragon Staff twice or three times.
That's like saying why chew on gum when you can just eat nothing.

I think it's fine except I think that the Bloodstone is fine, but you could add 2 more items for every other mob in the Corruption/Crimson but the drop chance could be 1% or less from the Eater of Souls/Blood Crawlers in Hard mode and in Expert Mode combined, making it a challenge to get it. Other than that, yeah it's pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom