• Yes, but tweak it.

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MinerB4Gaming

Terrarian
So we have Gel, Pink Gel, and... that's it?
Well how about this proposition! There would be different gels, Icy Gel can be combined to chill and damage everything (besides Tiles...), Red Gel can impact like Overhaul, Green Gel... is gel,
Yellow Gel would burn enemies, Black Gel can just make people absolutely confused on why they are fighting an overpowered person (in softcore) just to get a meowmere... Baby Slimes have a bigger chance to produce the Slime Staff (cuz they're babies...) and Purple Slime would poison everything!

But of course that's just an idea!
A SUGGESTIVE IDEA!!!
THANKS FOR LISTENING! :D

So we have Gel, Pink Gel, and... that's it?
Well how about this proposition! There would be different gels, Icy Gel can be combined to chill and damage everything (besides Tiles...), Red Gel can impact like Overhaul, Green Gel... is gel,
Yellow Gel would burn enemies, Black Gel can just make people absolutely confused on why they are fighting an overpowered person (in softcore) just to get a meowmere... Baby Slimes have a bigger chance to produce the Slime Staff (cuz they're babies...) and Purple Slime would poison everything!

But of course that's just an idea!
A SUGGESTIVE IDEA!!!
THANKS FOR LISTENING! :D
...Uh. Your idea intrigues me, but it also has a lotta vagueness.
I'm guessing these effects are for when the gel is mixed with Bombs and stuff, but then that begs the question of "What the heck does Black Gel actually do?"; your description... doesn't actually explain anything. I assume the Icy Gel makes explosives incapable of block destruction, and I don't know Overhaul stuff, so my best guess is that Red Gel deals a lot of Knockback?

The idea sounds like an interesting concept.
But it raises me some questions when working it out:
- Would I like to hunt down a specific slime just to get a gel of their type, even if it's just a common slime?
- Should I worry about my inventory management with all these different kinds of gel. Any slime is common, so any type of gel will be common too.
- What about the items that requires any gel as material? Do I have to pick up all different gels just to get a big quantity?

I think to keep things less confusing and the inventory cleaner, having one space for one type of gel sounds easier to go with.

Reactions: Bry
I like this idea, but as ppowersteef said...

The idea sounds like an interesting concept.
But it raises me some questions when working it out:
- Would I like to hunt down a specific slime just to get a gel of their type, even if it's just a common slime?
- Should I worry about my inventory management with all these different kinds of gel. Any slime is common, so any type of gel will be common too.
- What about the items that requires any gel as material? Do I have to pick up all different gels just to get a big quantity?

I think to keep things less confusing and the inventory cleaner, having one space for one type of gel sounds easier to go with.

An idea to fix this would be a Gel box, basicly holding ONLY gel and it's just one item.

Alright here are some responses for the comments!
This List will explain my Ideas and what each type of Gel can do in my opinion!
  • When using Gels in a weapon that consumes Gel these will make nice and handy buffs to your weapon!
  • When you are trying to craft any normal item using Gel it won't work with these special Gels.
  • A new slot for Gels of any kind (Yes even the normal Gelatin will be allowed).
  • If you use a Solidifier maybe if you craft the Slime Blocks with the special gel if monsters make contact with the blocks the gel would impact them upon contact with the buff of the Gel, in this case Red Gel would burst monsters into flames!
  • If the players make contact with a special slime there will be a percent chance to be inflicted with the following buffs!
Inflicts Confusion upon any enemies.
Inflicts Chilled upon any enemies.
When makes contact with a tile, it will Explode!
Gel...
Gel again...
Inflicts many debuffs upon enemies.
Maybe it can just... Hmm maybe Re-Logic could fill this in if they add this Idea...
Just Kidding maybe it can be a single Random Buff, and maybe the Drop Rate would decrease for this specific Gel.
Inflicts Poison debuff.

Last edited:
Alright here are some responses for the comments!
  • When using Gels in a weapon that consumes Gel these will make nice and handy buffs to your weapon!
  • When you are trying to craft any normal item using Gel it won't work with these special Gels.
  • A new slot for Gels of any kind (Yes even the normal Gelatin will be allowed).
  • If you use a Solidifier maybe if you craft the Slime Blocks with the special gel if monsters make contact with the blocks the gel would impact them upon contact with the buff of the Gel, in this case Red Gel would burst monsters into flames!
  • If the players make contact with a special slime there will be a percent chance to be inflicted with the following buffs!
Inflicts Confusion upon any enemies.
When makes contact with a tile, it will Explode!
Gel...
Gel again...
Inflicts many debuffs upon enemies.
Maybe it can just... Hmm maybe Re-Logic could fill this in if they add this Idea...
Just Kidding maybe it can be a single Random Buff, and maybe the Drop Rate would decrease for this specific Gel.
Inflicts Poison debuff.
This sounds interesting, but:

1. Red Gel would basically change nothing to explosives if you added it to them... maybe just have it inflict On Fire! at all times?
2. Green Gel should have a special ability too (maybe poison?)
3. What debuffs would Rainbow Gel give?
4. Yellow Gel should only have one debuff that it gives (possibly Confusion)
5. Black Gel should inflict Darkness (as the Black Slime does)

1. Red Gel would basically change nothing to explosives if you added it to them... maybe just have it inflict On Fire! at all times?
All explosives would explode a lot faster, which could definitely speed up mining (and make them a bit more helpful with blowing up enemies, if you really need to do that).

Edits made...
  • Special Gels cannot be used in Normal Gel recipes.
  • A new slot for Gels of any kind (Yes even the normal Gelatin will be allowed). I call this the Gel Sack and can be placed like a normal chest. But you can only deposit Gels inside.
  • The drop rate for these gels will be set to 1/20 chance so they are rare, normal Gel will be normal rate.
Inflicts Slow upon any enemies.
When makes contact with a tile or enemy it will explode! If they are lucky and survive the blast, they will also be burned for a short while.
Causes enemies (or you) to be stuck in place for a while.
Inflicts Poison on enemies for a while.
Inflicts many gel debuffs upon enemies when damaged!.
Just Kidding maybe it can be a debuff roulette selecting from a different gel debuff, and maybe the Drop Rate would decrease for this specific Gel.
Inflicts Poison debuff.
When in vicinity of explosion it will "split the fight" by knocking everyone away from the explosion and confuses anything in the blast.
When explosion happens it will leave a gas that will poison enemies until they leave the gas.
Similar to Normal Gel, but when mixed with Bottled Water (Corrupted Water) and thrown at a Slime it will turn the Slime into a Slimer.
Similar to Normal Gel, but when mixed with Bottled Water (Crimsoned Water) and thrown at a Slime it will turn the Slime into a Crimslime.
I will also try to provide explosive textures for demonstration when I get to it!
I thought about the NPCs and how they sometimes do Rock-Paper-Scissors together and thought, "Hey the final update is coming this would be clever" and there I propose a Challenge button in the Menus where you can discount a price once a day! You have to battle it out to get a Discount! No no no, put that lava bucket away... In a game of 2 out-of 3 Rock-Paper-Scissors!
If you lose the prices are normal, when you win 2 rounds you get a 25% discount, if you win flawlessly you get 50% off! This would be fun and rewarding (if you win...)

Last edited:
I would very much dislike this simply because it would make collecting gel much more tedious It's very convenient having all colors form into a single stack of 999 - Pinkies are already annoying enough that they give me a second form that can't be used the same as regular gel. I would not like my inventory filling up with various colors of gel in separate stacks, and I would probably find myself throwing out a lot of the less common types for the sake of space.

I think basic gells like red, blue, purple, black, yellow, and green would stack together like normal, but other gells like frozen gel (from ice slime and spiked ice slime) and sandy gel (from sand slime) would have different effects when combined with explosives and glow sticks. For example, frozen bombs would slide on most blocks, and vile bombs (from corrupt slimes), crimtane bombs (from crimslimes), and holy bombs (from rainbow slimes, illuminant slimes, and gastropods) would place blocks from their respective biomes around the edge of the explosion hole. you could also have jungle verions wich function normally, but poison players and enemies that touch them. Lava versions could act similar to the jungle ones, but inflict On fire! instead of Poisoned. I don't know about dungeon, mother, baby, or umbrella slimes. The holiday slimes would just drop regular gel.

Last edited:
Edits made...
  • Special Gels cannot be used in Normal Gel recipes.
  • A new slot for Gels of any kind (Yes even the normal Gelatin will be allowed). I call this the Gel Sack and can be placed like a normal chest. But you can only deposit Gels inside.
  • The drop rate for these gels will be set to 1/20 chance so they are rare, normal Gel will be normal rate.
Inflicts Slow upon any enemies.
When makes contact with a tile or enemy it will explode! If they are lucky and survive the blast, they will also be burned for a short while.
Causes enemies (or you) to be stuck in place for a while.
Inflicts Poison on enemies for a while.
Inflicts many gel debuffs upon enemies when damaged!.
Just Kidding maybe it can be a debuff roulette selecting from a different gel debuff, and maybe the Drop Rate would decrease for this specific Gel.
Inflicts Poison debuff.
When in vicinity of explosion it will "split the fight" by knocking everyone away from the explosion and confuses anything in the blast.
When explosion happens it will leave a gas that will poison enemies until they leave the gas.
Similar to Normal Gel, but when mixed with Bottled Water (Corrupted Water) and thrown at a Slime it will turn the Slime into a Slimer.
Similar to Normal Gel, but when mixed with Bottled Water (Crimsoned Water) and thrown at a Slime it will turn the Slime into a Crimslime.
I will also try to provide explosive textures for demonstration when I get to it!
I thought about the NPCs and how they sometimes do Rock-Paper-Scissors together and thought, "Hey the final update is coming this would be clever" and there I propose a Challenge button in the Menus where you can discount a price once a day! You have to battle it out to get a Discount! No no no, put that lava bucket away... In a game of 2 out-of 3 Rock-Paper-Scissors!
If you lose the prices are normal, when you win 2 rounds you get a 25% discount, if you win flawlessly you get 50% off! This would be fun and rewarding (if you win...)
I like some of your ideas here, but they seem to be based on the color and appearance of the gel, rather than the abilities of the slime it comes from.

Back
Top Bottom