NPCs & Enemies More Hardmode Guide Quotes!

Should these quotes be used?

• Yeah!

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Nope.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT FOR THINKING OF THIS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Traloc_Dheckoa

Terrarian
Earlier today I was reading the Guide's quotes, and I felt that there is a serious lack of Hardmode quotes. So I thought of a few.

"The (Your World Evil) will spread faster now that you are in Hardmode."
"Goblin Invasions include a new goblin that summon minions."
"There may be some issues with the Old One's Army."(Desktop Only)
"You are halfway done through your adventurous journey."
"Using the Pirate Map will cause the pirates to try and steal it from you."
"If you let a Martian Probe escape, it will call the Martians to invade."(Console and Desktop only)
"Clowns are a dangerous addition to the Blood Moon. They tend to throw explosive balls."
"Reforge your weapons to improve them. Hardmode enemies are NOTHING like the ones you've fought before."
"The Eater of Worlds and the Eye of Cthulhu are a useful source of money by now."
"Some NPCs use stronger weapons in Hardmode, like me who now use flaming arrows."

Reworked two quotes to make them fit more with his dialogue:
"The (Your World Evil) will spread faster now that you are in Hardmode."
- “The Corruption/Crimson seems to have grown even more restless, make sure you can keep it at bay”

"Reforge your weapons to improve them. Hardmode enemies are NOTHING like the ones you've fought before."
- “In case you are not satisfied with your weapons or tools, give <name of Goblin Tinkerer> a visit, he will reforge them for you” Focusing more on the reforging aspect than it being for hardmode.

A few more progression-related quotes would be nice to have as well.

"Now that Cthulhu's mechanical parts have been defeated, strange pink bulbs have started growing in the Underground Jungle. Destroy one of them to awaken the Jungle's floral guardian." (After defeating all three mech bosses and before defeating Plantera)

"There's a mysterious temple hidden deep in the Jungle's undergrowth, locked with a strange key. Perhaps the one dropped by the guardian of the Jungle is the one you need to unlock it." (After defeating Plantera and before entering the Temple)

"A group of cultists have appeared at the entrance of the Dungeon, worshiping some sort of mysterious idol. I heard the leader of this group would awaken if you dispatched them." (After defeating Golem and before defeating the Lunatic Cultist)

"The entire world is at stake now that the Ancient Cultist is defeated. Go <player>, destroy the pillars and save us from this madness once and for all!" (After defeating the Lunatic Cultist and before defeating the Lunar Events)

"Using the Pirate Map will cause the pirates to try and steal it from you."
"Ocean creatures can rarely drop a Pirate Map, use it to get the attention of those greedy pirates." (After defeating the Wall of Flesh and before defeating the Pirate Invasion)

"If you let a Martian Probe escape, it will call the Martians to invade."
"Strange alien probes have started scouting for intelligent life in the upper atmosphere, they might invade if they catch sight of you." (After defeating Golem and before defeating the Martian Madness)

"You can rarely find a Truffle Worm in mushroom biomes underground, though they are difficult to catch. A large mutated fish has a particular love for them, he's caught in the Ocean." (After defeating the Wall of Flesh and before defeating Duke Fishron)

Last edited:
Why would the onw about martian probes only be on desktop and console? The martian madness event is on mobile too. Was this intentional?

Why would the onw about martian probes only be on desktop and console? The martian madness event is on mobile too. Was this intentional?
Its because the martian madness was a desktop and consule excusive at the time he made the thread, or thats what I can gather from the message being from 2018.

A few more.

"A special crystal can grow deep in the Underground Hallow, larger then normal crystal shards. You might be able to attract the queen of slimes if you use it above ground." (After defeating the Wall of Flesh and before defeating Queen Slime)

"I found a beautiful glowing butterfly in the Hallow at night! Be careful not to harm its delicate wings if you aren't ready for what will transpire." (After defeating Plantera and before defeating Empress of Light)

A few more.

"A special crystal can grow deep in the Underground Hallow, larger then normal crystal shards. You might be able to attract the queen of slimes if you use it above ground." (After defeating the Wall of Flesh and before defeating Queen Slime)

"I found a beautiful glowing butterfly in the Hallow at night! Be careful not to harm its delicate wings if you aren't ready for what will transpire." (After defeating Plantera and before defeating Empress of Light)
Now we're talking, good job.

Lemme do a few:
If the Jungle Temple Door has been opened and Golem has not been defeated, and there isn't a Lizhard Power Cell in the Player's inventory: "The Lizhards seem to posses some sort of Ancient war machine. Wonder how they power it..."

If the Jungle Temple Door has been opened and Golem has not been defeated, and there is a Lizhard Power Cell in the Player's inventory: "The Power Cell you hold might be the way they power the War Machine! It appears that it is connected to that Altar in the heart of the Temple."

If the Lunar events are active, Moon Lord hasn't been defeated and one of the Pillars has been destroyed "Good job destroying that Pillar! It appears that it left some fragments that can be used with that thing that that weird cultist left to craft some powerful weapons. Though it can only create weapons tied to a certain class of weapons: Solar is used for things like Spears, Vortex for things that shoot stuff, Nebula for Mages and Stardust for Summoners. Go destroy the pillar of your class to get more powerful weapons!"

If the Lunar events are active, Moon Lord hasn't been defeated and two of the Pillars have been destroyed: "Great! 2 pillars down! You're really good at this! Are you felling well? You don't look right... Why do i have this feeling that we shouldn't be doing this?"

If the Lunar events are active, Moon Lord hasn't been defeated and three of the Pillars have been destroyed: "You're almost done! Though you really look like you are in a really bad shape, you should pay a visit to <name of Nurse> before you go to finish the job. Why do I feel like we shouldn't continue? I have a really bad feeling..."

If Moon Lord hasn't been defeated and all Pillars have been destroyed: "Why do I feel like we just made our worst mistake? I don't think you should have destroyed all pillars! You should prepare for whatever could happen next!"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom