Game Mechanics More Info on Character & World Selection Screens

Tamorr

Terrarian
I did see only one suggestion prior to this that was similar to what I wanted to suggest, however was from last year, and before 1.3 hit. Which is this thread.

The only thing the same as the other thread is Creation date for characters, or well similar.

I have 2-3 things That seem like would be a good thing to have on those two screens on top of what we already have in 1.3.1. Now I don't know if any of this would be possible, however it would be nice if they were there.

Character Selection (Individual Character shown)
2v0lamd.jpg

Date initially created: Just like how the Worlds list their date created, it would be nice for the characters to have the same. Wonder if that is even saved within the file.
Date last played: Not top priority in this suggestion, but still would be nice to have a bit more.

Note: Mainly when you have to go through a lot of characters, and I do have like 10; with plans for more in the future, it is just nice to have certain info to determine which is my current or tracking down which is the correct one.

2egctpe.jpg

Last Loaded With: This is for knowing which character was last loaded into the world.

Note: Would be nice to know which worlds I have been using for with specific characters. Nothing like choosing a world and having bloodmoon activate due to not remembering which world went with each. I say that last bit due to fact I have a few characters I am trying to avoid certain things in the beginning and if a high level character when in that world then when I next load with the correct one; that event will still have chance to trigger. Might be bad example.... Just realized that, so think of health triggered event. I restrain myself from using hearts for a good period of time so I can build up things. And I have had it happen before where that character's world has been pushed to the next level due to a higher grade character entering.

End Note: So basically it is more for a convenience in having more identifiers or info that seems a bit more helpful. I do like the timed played, but that is of no use to me when trying to figure out world ownership between my characters, or even how old they are. Granted this is mainly for single player, but could be helpful for those multiplayer times; when you use a specific world for multiplayer, as well a character.

Hope it was laid out well enough and can be possibly done.
Every little bit helps. :dryadsmile:

I need this so badly! I always end erasing chars or worlds just for tidy it up (and it hurts when you have a couple of high end characters or wonderful worlds with buildings all the place):sigh:
And of course, I am that guy who makes extra worlds for farming stuff, like crimsom/corruption things :p

Agreed - more stats on the character/world list page wouldn't hurt. I'm pretty sure a file "created date" is baked into the OS, same goes with "last updated on date". For worlds, showing the last character loaded might be confusing in multiplayer, but I suppose they wouldn't really care and it'd still be useful for singleplayer worlds.

Back
Top Bottom