Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Prime Arm Pack and Mechanical Spectacles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None. (Specify why.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
So I have been playing in expert mode for a while now, and I just defeated all the mechanical bosses. I really liked the mechanical minecart that I got, but thought that the mechanical bosses should have some drops besides crafting materials. I have come up with an item for each of the bosses, and I will list them below.

Mech Specs.png
Mech Specs:
The Mechanical Spectacles are an accessory that provide permanent Spelunker, Hunter, and Dangersense effects so long as they are equipped. Additionally, they will occasionally fire a ball of cursed flames or a laser at a nearby enemy, providing a source of passive damage.

Probe Spine.png
Probe Spine:
The Probe Spine is a summoner accessory that summons an additional Probe minion every time a minion is summoned, effectively doubling the amount of minions a player can have at once. Probes take up no minion slots and float around the player, periodically firing lasers at enemies.

Prime Arm Pack:
The Prime Arm Pack is an accessory that equips a set of four weaponized arms that wrap around the plater. When the player uses an item to attack, the Pack will use one of its arms to deliver an additional attack by either firing a laser (50 damage), shooting a non-destructive bomb (70 damage), slashing a saw at the enemy (50 damage) or stabbing at the enemy with a vice (60 damage.)

Thanks for reading my suggestion! Please let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
Hard buffs to view distance are tricky because they interfere with a user's zoom setting. A spectacle attack seems unnecessary when one could simply attack the enemy with a normal weapon.

As far as I know there are no expert drops which function as direct weapons (beyond the Bone Glove, which is a niche item). A summoning staff feels out of place.

I like the general concept of the prime pack, but constant thorns infringe on the Turtle Armor, and the simple copy of Prime's weapons seem... dull. Not quite sure what would fit more, but I do think a defensive accessory would be in order.

Hard buffs to view distance are tricky because they interfere with a user's zoom setting. A spectacle attack seems unnecessary when one could simply attack the enemy with a normal weapon.

As far as I know there are no expert drops which function as direct weapons (beyond the Bone Glove, which is a niche item). A summoning staff feels out of place.

I like the general concept of the prime pack, but constant thorns infringe on the Turtle Armor, and the simple copy of Prime's weapons seem... dull. Not quite sure what would fit more, but I do think a defensive accessory would be in order.

Ok, thanks for the feedback! I just have a few things about it.

For the Spectacles, I do not quite know what I was thinking there since I did this all in the morning. I am probably going to completely change those soon, but to what I am unsure of.

For the Probe Staff, I felt that it would be unique to have a weapon obtained through treasure bags, as I have seen many mods that do it, and it just seems to give the weapon a special place in the game.

For the Arm Pack, I don't think it rivals the turtle armor because it just has a chance to attack the enemy, and doesn't do constant thorns. Also, there is a chance that it could miss or not even attack at all.

Anyways though, thanks for the feedback!

Ok, thanks for the feedback! I just have a few things about it.

For the Spectacles, I do not quite know what I was thinking there since I did this all in the morning. I am probably going to completely change those soon, but to what I am unsure of.

For the Probe Staff, I felt that it would be unique to have a weapon obtained through treasure bags, as I have seen many mods that do it, and it just seems to give the weapon a special place in the game.

For the Arm Pack, I don't think it rivals the turtle armor because it just has a chance to attack the enemy, and doesn't do constant thorns. Also, there is a chance that it could miss or not even attack at all.

Anyways though, thanks for the feedback!
My issue with an "expert weapon" is this: Terraria is built around constantly upgrading your tech tree and replacing items. Specifically giving a weapon the property of "expert" implies it can be useful at almost any time during the game (again excluding the bone glove) which is a difficult property to apply to a weapon, since they are constantly discarded in favor of upgrades. Also consider that many expert items constitute an meta: you would be hard pressed to find an expert character who doesn't have a worm scarf, or a demon heart. Would it not be tiring to see every single player carrying the exact same staff in their hotbar any time after early hardmode?

What if the prime pack had a chance to grab an enemy that attacks the player, and then eject that enemy away with immense knockback, if that enemy is vulnerable to knockback?

Back
Top Bottom