NPCs & Enemies More Lihzahrd Enemies

stormconure

Duke Fishron
(Note: many different variations of improving the lihzahrd temple have been posted in the past. I realize that, and I am simply stating my idea on how the temple should be improved.)

There is so much Lihzahrd-themed stuff in the game that the furniture alone ountumbers the enemies living inside the temple. I mean seriously, this is an endgame biome we're talking about: 2 enemies. Really? According to my take on Terrarian Mythology, the Lihzahrds were an ancient race of lizard people that worshipped a single god, and built the temple and a mighty Golem to protect what they found sacred. But in the game, the only remaining temple guards are what look like peasants of the lihzahrd race, and some winged snakes that don't even fit into the story. I think if the lihzahrds were defending a temple, they would send more than peasants to protect it. So here is what I think should be added.

Don't worry guys, there will be more sprites shortly. Be patient.

Lihzahrd Knight
image.jpg

This warrior was trained as a knight and sent to defend the temple. He spawns somewhat rarely and is much stronger than a normal lihzahrd.
Damage: 65 with sword
HP: 550
Defense: 35
Movement Speed: slow
Knockback Resist: 50%
Details: swings a sword to attack. Has no second form; instead, he starts hard and stays hard.
Drops: Lizard Egg 0.03%, Lihzahrd Power Cell 1%

Lihzahrd Sorcerer
image.jpg

The Mage of the Lihzahrd Race, the Sorcerer is a Caster that spawns very commonly and fires Sun Spheres at the player. These can be destroyed with a weapon.
Damage: 40 first form, 50 second form
HP: 240
Defense: 15
Movement Speed: 0 first form, fast second form
Knockback Resist: 100%
Details: The Sorcerer starts with the Caster AI, until he gets to half health, when he runs around like a normal Lihzahrd but continues to fire Sun Spheres.
Drops: Lizard Egg 0.03%, Lihzahrd Power Cell 3%

Lihzahrd Archer
image.jpg

The Lihzahrd Archer is very skilled with a bow, and spawn more commonly than the Knight.
Damage: 50 bow, 25 contact
HP: 320
Defense: 20
Knockback Resist: 25%
Details: walks until in line of fire of a player, then fires arrows.
Drops: Lizard Egg 0.03%, Sunshot 2%, Lihzahrd Power Cell 2%

Sunbot
index.php
(Thanks to @J-50N for the sprite!)
These are automated flying orb bots created by the Lihzahrd Alchemists with one sole purpose: keep unwanted visitors out. They spawn semi-commonly and follow the Probe AI.
Damage: 15 contact, 50 sun blast
HP: 100
Defense: 36
Knockback Resist: 100%
Details: flies around the player firing slow-moving plasma-like Sun Blasts at the player. Sun blasts create mini exlosions upon contact with blocks that damage all players and mobs in a short radius. The bots can clip through blocks.
Drops: Lihzahrd Power Cell 20%

I also have 2 new weapons in mind.

Sunshot (bow): drops from Lihzahrd Archer.
Damage: 67 ranged
Knockback: weak
Attack Speed: 15
Ammo: any arrow
Details: any arrow is transformed into a Sun Arrow. Upon hitting an enemy, the arrow will cause a mini sun to fall on it, dealing further damage, like the Starfury.

Lihzahrd Staff: drops from Golem (12.5%)
Damage: 45 summon
Knockback: average
Mana: 20
Details: summons a baby Lihzahrd to fight for you. Exact same AI and standard lihzahrd phase 2 (running on all fours). The Golem doesn't drop any summoner weapons, so I added this to balance it out.

This is all I have so far. Any input on how I can improve this is appreciated. What do you think?

Last edited:
Meh, I kinda prefer SZ's take on this idea a bit more.

Also, Lihzahrd shouldn't be in medieval attire, I mean look at the temple and tell me you don't think Mayan

Meh, I kinda prefer SZ's take on this idea a bit more.

Also, Lihzahrd shouldn't be in medieval attire, I mean look at the temple and tell me you don't think Mayan
They aren't medieval, except for the knight, which i admit i could have done a better job on the sprite. Also, if i remember SZ's idea correctly, both of ours could exist at the same time because they're so different...

They aren't medieval, except for the knight, which i admit i could have done a better job on the sprite. Also, if i remember SZ's idea correctly, both of ours could exist at the same time because they're so different...
True, but I still think they don't really feel in tune with the rest of the place.

I considered a mini sun-powered probe type of thing but wasnt entirely sure what it would actually be... Does something like that sound good?
Sure, it could have an AI similar to fairies, and it could possibly have to ability to shoot lasers. It could also be like the dungeon slime, being a rare enemy that is guaranteed to drop a lihzahrd power cell.

Sure, it could have an AI similar to fairies, and it could possibly have to ability to shoot lasers. It could also be like the dungeon slime, being a rare enemy that is guaranteed to drop a lihzahrd power cell.
An electric sun-bot... The idea is starting to come together... I may have it by tomorrow, as it's like 11 pm where i live right now. I will be working on the sprite for it.

I agree with the Lihzahrd Temple needing more stuff (As you know). I'll support this, and I'll try to make you some better sprites.
Here's a Sunbot:
Lihzahrd Probe.png

Umm ok thanks. Fyi i use an ipad, so there will be no transparency on the sprites... Just a white square around them. Could you post the codes as well?
The code for that one is 12017 I think. And If you just copy the picture straight to your post it should work regardless of your device.

Ehh. Seems okay I guess. Maybe a Lihzard Sniper that drops a Beam Rifle, which you charge over time then release to shoot?

Yes, it works, but my photo gallery adds a white square border around it for some reason.
Use this code to insert the sprite for the sunbot:
Code:
[IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/lihzahrd-probe-png.12017/[/IMG]
(Also, I still think the sunbot should have a high chance of dropping lihzahrd power cells.)

Use this code to insert the sprite for the sunbot:
Code:
[IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/lihzahrd-probe-png.12017/[/IMG]
(Also, I still think the sunbot should have a high chance of dropping lihzahrd power cells.)
Right, power cell drops! Forgot about those. And thanks for the code.
Maybe you should start using a computer? ;)
I dont even kow how to do sprites from a computer...

hey @Leinfors, i think i found your new favorite thread!

and about the idea, i think it's good, but maybe just make it so the lihzarhds are roughly the same but have slightly different textures, like zombies, skeletons, and demon eyes.

Back
Top Bottom