Weapons & Equip More love for summoners

Electroman102

Duke Fishron
In pre hardmode, summoners don’t get very much to work with. They get only 3 staffs, and the only set of armor for pre-Hardmode summoners is bee armor! So, I wanted the summoning class have more staffs and armors.

Armor

Slime armor
+2 defense
+10% minion damage

Each piece has a 5% chance to drop from any slime, and 50% chance to drop from King slime, after EoC has been defeated.

Grave armor
+ 5 defense
+ 2 minion capacity
Each piece dropped by skeletons 5%

Bee armor
Now has + 20% minion damage

Lava armor
+ 3 minion capacity
+ 20 defense
Helmet
15 Hellstone bars
1 bucket of lava

Chestplate
25 Hellstone bars
2 buckets of lava

Leggings
20 Hellstone bars
1 bucket of lava

Spider armor
Now + 4 minion capacity

Hornet Armor
+ 5 minion capacity
+ 15 defense
Helmet
20 Chlorophyte bars
25 stingers

Chestplate
30 Chlorophyte bars
35 stingers

Leggings
25 Chlorophyte bars
30 stingers

Tiki armor
Now has + 6 minion capacity

Stardust armor
Now has + 8 minion capacity

Staffs

Demon eye staff
Dropped by demon eyes 1%
10 damage

Tim staff
Dropped by Tim 50%
20 damage

Demon Staff
Dropped by Demons 5%
25 damage

Thank you for reading my suggestion! If I need to change anything, let me know!
1.1: Nerfed Spider armor and Hornet armor
1.2: Nerfed armor defense
1.3: Changed a few things with slime, bee, lava, and grave armor.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the summoner should have the lowest defense stat of all the classes, these are far surpassing the amount they should have. This class is meant to be tough to use, but it can be really powerful if you know how to dodge effectively.

Keep in mind that the summoner should have the lowest defense stat of all the classes, these are far surpassing the amount they should have. This class is meant to be tough to use, but it can be really powerful if you know how to dodge effectively.
I agree

Ok, I’ll nerf the defense.

I learned how to use tables so now I want to put this in a table

Armors

Name|Helmet|Chestplate|Leggings|Defense|Minion Boost|Reccomendations
Slime Amor|20 gel|30 gel|25 gel|2|1|Crafted at an anvil
Grave Armor|1% drop from angry bones|1% drop from angry bones|1% drop from angry bones|5|2
Lava Armor|15 hellstone bars, 1 lava bucket|25 hellstone bars, 2 lava buckets|20 hellstone bars, 1 lava bucket|10|3|Crafted at an anvil
Hornet armor|20 chlorophyte bars, 25 stingers|30 chlorophyte bars, 35 stingers|25 chlorophyte bars, 30 stingers|15|5|The stinger count is way too high. Crafted at a hardmode anvil
Note: Bee armor now gives +3 minions, spider +4, tiki +6, and stardust +8

Summoner Staffs/Staves

Staff|Drop|Damage|Reccomendations
Demon Eye Staff|1% drop from demon eye|10|Spazamini AI
Tim Staff|50% drop from Tim|20|A slow firing Caster (Tim) AI
Demon Staff|5% drop from Demons|25|A slow firing Demon AI

Last edited:
Sorry, but that's a no from me to the Slime Armour. It's putting the class system on the player way too early. Class-based armour doesn't come into play normally until you've defeated the EoW/BoC (and thus are ready to face the Jungle, Desert and Dungeon).

The Grave Armour is redundant due to its 1% drop. It's much easier to craft Bee Armour, which has better stats (per your suggestion).

Remember that every player can have 1 summon active at all times. The Bewitching Table increases that to 2. That means a character wearing Bee Armour can have 5 minions following them, and that's overkill. A summoner can also readily cross-class with any other class for additional damage. Interestingly, increasing the number of summons can also be detrimental to a player. Some summons do 'piercing' damage (not sure where that name came from?), which prevents an enemy taking damage from any other source at the same time. If one of your summons is doing piercing damage to a boss, the other summon(s) and player(s) can't hurt it.

I like the idea of new summon weapons, but I don't think summon armour needs changes.

Back
Top Bottom