NPCs & Enemies More Mimics!

Did I do okay with this?

• Total voters

GawenStarTeller

Retinazer
All right... so, I was in the Underworld, on my (naturally created) obsidian platform, trying to farm Voodoo Demons (Still haven't gotten that damn Ranger Emblem...), and then a mimic appeared. Obviously, it was a Shadow Chest mimic... and that got me thinking about the types of mimics there are. We have Mimics that take the form of wooden chests, gold chests, shadow chests, and ice chests (the ice chests of which get special loot, which is... odd, but who cares), but... aren't there other types of chests in Terraria? Like the Skyware chest and the web covered chest? Thus, here comes my idea.

Different types of mimics. Not mimics like the Ice Mimic that have different stats, but purely for show like the golden mimic and the shadow mimic. Although, I'll probably include stats and possible 'suggested' drops that already exist for each one of them, that don't necessarily have to be added to them. All of these spawn in hard mode.

Water Chest Mimic
Sprites:
Water_Chest.png

Stats:

AI: Mimic
Damage: 80
Max Life: 500
Defence: 50
Knockback Resist: 70%

Suggested drops:
Diving_Gear.png
Diving Gear

This is a mimic that would take the appearance of Water Chests, and spawn rarely in the ocean, in bodies of water, or on the ocean beach. While this is rather unchanged (other than the possible drops that could be added), I think giving it the ability to swim would be smart...

Living Wood Chest Mimic
Sprites:
index.php

Stats:
A
I: Mimic

Suggested Drops:
None.

I'm not even sure if they'd even be able to make this one spawn at all, because of how specific the living tree is (not even sure if it could be classified as an actual biome), but this is a mimic that would take the appearance of Living Wood Chests.

Locked Gold Chest Mimic
Sprites:
index.php

Stats:

Suggested Drops:
None.

This would be a rather specific mimic that rarely spawns in the dungeon, taking the appearance of a locked gold chest inside the dungeon. Obviously it spawns there too, and once approached, it basically becomes a regular gold mimic. Yeah, I know... you probably looted all of the Dungeon Chests by now, so this won't fool you. Oh, look! There's one you missed. Wait, no... that's a mimic.

Webbed Chest Mimic
Sprites:
index.php

Stats:

Suggested Drops:
None

A mimic that would appear in spider caves and take the form of a Web Covered Chest. I'm quite sure this might fool you if you're still looking for loot from the web covered chests. It would probably be unaffected by cobwebs.

Skyware Chest Mimic
Sprites:
index.php

Stats:

Suggested Drops:
Sunplate_Block.png
Sunplate Blocks
Soul_of_Flight.png
Soul of Flight

A mimic that would spawn at the same height as Wyverns and Harpies, taking the form of Skyware Chests before approached, and only (currently) on land. This might be a little bit... well, there's almost no chance you'll be fooled by this, right? Unless you use Skyware Chests as storage in the sky...
It has been suggested that it could fly, or follow the Slimer type AI.

Lihzahrd Chest Mimic
Sprites:
Lihzahrd_Chest.png

Stats:

Damage: 80/90
Max Life: 500/600
Defence: 50/60

Suggested Drops:
None (a loot table for a Lihzahrd mimic is on SzGamer227's suggestion, so I don't intend to expand on the drops.)

A mimic that would spawn in the Lihzahrd Temple. Just to add just a little more danger... I figured the stats could be slightly increased from a normal mimic, just because of the place that this is found in.
There's also this, a suggestion by SzGamer227 that adds a loot table to the Lihzahrd mimic, as well as a few more improvements to the Lihzahrd Temple. I would advise you check it out!

There was one more thing I wanted to add... a change for the mimics that spawn as shadow chests. Am I the only one that finds it odd when I hear this metallic 'ting' sound while in the Underworld? Well, chances are, that's probably a mimic dying in lava.
Which is rather dumb.

Thanks to SzGamer227 for a few of the sprites!

Yes, I know there's no mimic to mimic the Ivy Chest, but I figured that would be even more specific than the living tree, so I decided not to include it. Dungeon Chest Mimics (like, the biome dungeon chests) were also an idea I had after you defeat Plantera, but that would probably requite more coding than I think it would. I will not be adding any suggested drops myself, I'll allow others to give ideas for those.

So... what do you think? This is my first suggestion. Did I do good...? Because there might be another thread out there just like it, and if there is, please inform me.

Last edited:
Sounds good and all, but a suggestion is not whole without stats and drops.
The suggestion lists it as so. The different mimics are just for show, not to have different stats, so I didn't feel they needed to be listed. Then again... people might just be too lazy to check the wiki...

All mimics have the same stats and drops, tho.

Well except the Ice Mimic, but that's beside the point.
Doesn't the present Mimic (Frost Moon, in case you didn't know) have more health and slightly more damage than the others?

The suggestion lists it as so. The different mimics are just for show, not to have different stats, so I didn't feel they needed to be listed. Then again... people might just be too lazy to check the wiki...
Ohohoh, trust me, there are lazy people.

I just think that it would make sense if each Mimic dropped items respective to their class(?).

The rest of the mimics, beside the Ice Mimic, already drop the same stuff.

It would sort of a pain to make 30 weapons just for these Mimics.

Back
Top Bottom