Game Mechanics More Modifiers, aka More ways for the Goblin to steal your money

Do you like these ideas?

• Some of them are good (Please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, they aren't good at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Flashstriker

Plantera
Firstly, armour should be able to have modifiers. For want of better modifiers, all accessory modifiers should be equipable on armour as well. Now, onto the main article!

So having done a bunch of reforging recently, i realised that only 2 of the 4 classes actually have modifiers on accessories - Melee Speed and Max Mana. As such i wanted to fix this by adding more class specific modifiers! While i don't have names for all of them, i have got 2 modifiers (1 for mage and melee) for the classes.

2 Possible choices here - More melee knockback, which could help melee in invasions. Alternatively, you could increase melee weapon and projectile size. Both of these would come in 1,2,3 and 4 percentage bonuses. The max bonus (4%) for Size could be called large

The first modifier is for ammo reduction. 1 - 4 % again, which would be great when using Chlorophyte bullets, as well as any other useful ammo type that isnt an endless bag. The second modifier is ammo velocity, again with 1 - 4%. While some weapons and ammo types wouldn't benefit from this, some would. This hopefully gives rangers more options than pure damage builds

As well as the current increase to max mana (Arcane), i think adding mana use reduction as well would benefit different weapons than just more mana would. 1 - 4% as usual

I'm still not sure why minions can't crit, but i want that fixed. In 1 - 4% increments, you could give minions the chance to crit. This would be different to the current "Lucky" bonus, as "Lucky" doesn't effect minions, but these bonuses would. Secondly, armour penetration seems like something summoners should be able to do, so adding it would be good. However, i think this should only be 1 -2 points as if the max was 4 that could add up to 20 penetration (24 on expert) , which could be 40 if you added an ichor debuff. That seems too high, so 1 - 2 seems fair

I also believe we should be able to get "bad" reforges, like Broken on most weapons.

Broken would lower defense by 2, Blunt would lower damage by 2% . Im not sure what else i could add, but if you want to suggest some let me know

Lastly, some "unique" reforges that you could only obtain on one accessory at a time.

Evil - Allows attacks to inflict Cursed Flames/Ichor, depending on the World's evil. Pure - Allows attacks to inflict Confused on non-boss monsters. Pocketed - 4 extra inventory slots. These would be displayed in green instead of blue.

And thats that. If you don't understand anything because i worded it wrong, please let me know. Any of your own ideas? I'll add them and credit you1

I really think melee weapons should have more debuffs like ranged and magic weapons. I think you should try to work on this idea.

Thats quite a good point. Maybe just increase the frequency that Melee gets bad modifiers?
Lol, I think I meant weapons with fire, stun, bleeding debuffs that hurt enemies, not hurt the weapons stats. "^_^
That way there will be more diversity and players can switch between weapons for specialized fights to deal more damage or gain advantages in battles instead of just keep using the most overpowered or damage weapon over and over again.
I mean you see bows and arrows having these debuffs that melee weapons lack so its important to buff melee weapons and spice things up.

Lol, I think I meant weapons with fire, stun, bleeding debuffs that hurt enemies, not hurt the weapons stats. "^_^
That way there will be more diversity and players can switch between weapons for specialized fights to deal more damage or gain advantages in battles instead of just keep using the most overpowered or damage weapon over and over again.
I mean you see bows and arrows having these debuffs that melee weapons lack so its important to buff melee weapons and spice things up.

Ohhhhh XD Well to be fair, the flasks do the same thing

Back
Top Bottom