NPCs & Enemies More NPC Names

leafsaber47

The Destroyer
I've always wondered about the myriad of names NPCs have been given throughout the years since the 1.1 release. But when the Town Pets came along, I felt like something was missing... here is a catalog of suggestions for NPC names to add to each NPCs (including pets), if they are a reference to something (if it was intentional on my end), and the such. Reply for suggestions for names I might consider adding to this probably exhaustive list. Currently work in progress, sorry for pressing Enter too early!

Alex - not a true reference, but wanted to include this since Steve is a valid name for the Guide (may or not be a Minecraft reference)
Cyril - wait, the Clothier had this name as well, anyways, it's a reference to the Guide from Legend of Maxx

Sinbad - an reference to Arabic folklore due to the Dye Trader's Middle Eastern and Northern African heritage

Jake - an reference to Fire Emblem games, in which Anna is usually the female version of said name
Stan - an reference to the salesman found in the Monkey Island games

Dormul - an reference to a character from Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in the Dungeon?
Simon - an reference to one member of the Yogscast, who usually plays Minecraft with a dwarf skin
Watts - an reference to the smithing dwarf character from Secret of Mana

Giovanni - an reference to Italian painter Giovanni Bellini
Leo - an reference to the character from seinen manga Arte

Angela - a passing reference to Mercy from Overwatch who is a doctor and Overwatch's medical officer
Florence - a reference to real life nurse Florence Nightingale, who gained importance treating her patients in the Crimean War

Cordelia - though it would be a neat fit, might be an obscure reference to the character in Panel De Pon
Shannon - reference to character from manga series The Ancient Magus' Bride

Kevin - a reference to the main character from the Home Alone franchise
Dennis - a reference to the main character from the American version of Dennis the Menace, who himself is mischievous and causes trouble for others

Carl - not really a reference, but could have ties to the Grand Theft Auto character usually called CJ

none from me as of now

none from me as of now

none from me as of now

Rak - a reference to Rak Wraithraiser from web manhwa Tower of God, who is also a lizard-like humanoid

none from me as of now

Robin - a reference to the heroine of Iconoclasts

none from me as of now

Danny Evenin - intended to reference Danny Noonan, the caddie character of comedy movie Caddyshack
Neil - reference to main male human character of Mario Golf: Advance Tour
Joel - reference to the character from the Last of Us game series, who is tangentially related to golf in a spoilerific manner

none from me as of now

Francis - references real-life pirate and explorer Francis Drake

Boletus - references the order of mushrooms sporting an unique mushroom cap

Irving - reference to character in Dragon Age: Origins
Athos - reference to character in Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade, known in the US initially as Fire Emblem since that was the first game of the franchise to be released overseas

Agatha - reference to main character of webcomic Girl Genius, which is set in a steampunk-like Victorian setting

Richard - reference to Richard Nixon, since Tax Collector names are usually named after U.S. presidents or vice presidents

Jack - reference to Raiden of the Metal Gear video game series whose real name is Jack

Einz - a corruption of Ainz, the first name of the main, villainous character of light novel series Overlord (2012)

Kraft - reference to the main focal merchant character from Spice and Wolf

Labrador - Rush - a reference to the robot dog character from the Classic era of the Mega Man franchise. Labrador was used to the familiarity of the breed and their supposed ability to dig up lost items like Rush does in Mega Man 7.
Pitbull - Butch - not directed to any work in particular because it shows up occasionally in old western animation
Husky - Buck - a reference to the dog in Jack London's The Call of the Wild, who is related to the husky via the Samoyed
Husky - Mashiro - a refernce to the inugami character from manga series Engaged to the Unidentified. Japanese dogs with tails are mostly related to the Husky.

Siamese - Sagwa - a reference to the kids show Sagwa, the Chinese Siamese Cat
Siamese - Mei - not a reference to anything, just wanted to improve the origin of the Siamese cat
Black - Blair - a reference to the Soul Eater character of the same name
Orange Tabby - Betty - obscure choice on my end since it actually references a character from Girls' Frontline, in this case IDW
Orange Tabby - Reina - ditto with Betty, although this is for UMP9

White - Reisen - a reference to the Touhou character first introduced in Imperishable Night
Angora - Tippy - intended to reference fellow Angora rabbit Tippy from seinen manga Is the Order a Rabbit?
Flemish - Cocoa - intended to reference Cocoa Hoto from seinen manga Is the Order a Rabbit?

Last edited:
Not sure if it's worth the update, but there's at least 40 suggestions for NPC names now. But there's still 6 NPCs left that don't have extra names I've suggested for them.

Back
Top Bottom