NPCs & Enemies More ocean critters and enemies!

Ndlish

Eye of Cthulhu
I think that the ocean is a bit bland, y'know? So, to spice things up a bit, you could add more animals!

Sorry for no concept art, I am a terrible artist

Seahorse: Catch-able with bug net. 35% bait power.

Pleurosaurus: Catchable with bug net.
Used with bottle to make Pleurosaurus tank.

Plankton Clouds: also catchable with bug net 40% bait power.
Could make into clouded water with water bottle and plankton

Zebra Turkyfish: First of all, why not? maybe a fishable fish, but if not, then a critter! 10% bait power.

Octopus: Could be an enemy, but there could also be a smaller, catchable type! 25% bait power.

Sea turtles!: Could be stood on, acts as a ferry of sorts. uncatchable.
20 defense and 50 health.
.5% of turtle shell

Horseshoe crab: Critter... catchable with bug net. 20% bait power

Octopus: HARDMODE Bigger kind of the catchable one, could be modeled after blueringed octopus.
10 def 70 attack 300 hp. Would be super fast! Could also poison or venom-ify.
Would drop tentacles
1- 100% 2- 25%

Whales!: HARDMODE Also standon-able, you could attack them, but they are neutral and would attack. They can also blow you up into the air when they resurface for air or something. The speed is slower than a lot of things. (maybe the speed of Golem?)
Naturally hostile to Plankton Clouds. Could be modeled after a Humpback whale, a Blue whale, or a Sperm whale
2000hp 40 defense, 10 attack.
Would drop Ambergris and blubber.

Killer whale: HARDMODE Kinda self explanatory.
30def 50attack 200hp might do the blowhole thing as well.
Drops dolphin fins for the S.D.M.G. and blubber
Dolphin fins 1- 50% 2- 20% 3- 10%
Blubber 1- 100% 2- 25%

Sea Dragon: HARDMODE Kinda like the seahorse, but would attack!
10def 100attack 300hp
Would drop Sea Dragon eggs (looks kinda like caviar)
1- 1% 2- 50% 3- 55% 4- 95%

Liopleurodon: HARDMODE Could a skeleton/revived fossil looking thing. A boss of sorts. If not, it can be a rare mob. (a really rare mob...)
50def 100att 10,000hp
Could be in one of those underground mini biomes. Maybe an ocean underground lake thing?
If you don't know what a liopleurodon looks like... (supposed largest carnivore/creature to ever live)
Drops 20-30 souls of either plight or bite used in S.D.M.G.
images

Starting with the clouded bottle.
Clouded bottle can be used to restore 50hp
1 Plankton cloud and 1 Water bottle to create by hand
Tooltip "Yuck!" or "Yum!"

Tentacle can be refined to Venom
5 tentacles and 1 bottle at the new Alchemy Station to create 1 venom vial.

5 dolphin fins Used in the Liopluerodon summoning item.
Used in the S.D.M.G.

Blubber: Used for crafting the boss summon item for the Liopluerodon (more on that later)

Ambergris: Used in love potion as an alternate ingredient of princess fish. Also in the Liopluerodon boss summon.
Tooltip "Oh so smelly!"

Sea Dragon Eggs: used in the Liopluerodon summoner

And, what you've all been waiting for, The Mockup Whale.
Made with 10 Blubber, 5 Dolphin fins, 20 Seadragon eggs, and 2 Ambergris.
When thrown in the ocean, (or an underground mini biome ocean)
Liopluerodon awakes. Gives the message "Something Ancient has awoken" and when it swims onscreen "Liopluerodon has awoken!" Could be a skeletal/ fossil Liopleurodon.

S.D.M.G.
20 dolphin fins + 20 souls of plight or bite (haven't decided on a name yet) + 1 of something from space + 2 Illegal gun parts + 10 of all the mech boss souls + 1 megashark = 1 S.D.M.G.

Will be adding more to the list as I get more ideas and time :)
I would also love suggestions!

Last edited:
"Why does the clouded bottle heal more than a normal bottle of water?
Also, Liopleurodon's stats are way too high"

Clouded water heals more because it has plankton in it! Yummy! (or something)
I'll change Liopluerodon's stats.

usually the tags mean that its exclusive content for that platform... anyway I like this though I have a few misgivings I don't feel octopi would make a good critter they are notorious for being hard to keep caught...
Also seahorses and their family give live birth in an interesting way so its a bit strange to get eggs from what is described to be a leafy sea dragon....
Lastly I don't know how I feel about Liopleurodon as we already have a hardmode ocean boss (which is actually the only hardmode ocean content outside of pirate maps...)

This also reminds me we need to get back to work on our ocean suggestion... Bacon you there?

Back
Top Bottom