Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Needs more work.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I like it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

yudgefudge

The Destroyer
Ah, guns. One of my favorite weapon types. They're one of the few "modern" weapons in terraria. But I want more of them.
So, here are my suggestions.
Wood-Handled Flintlock
Wood-Handled Flintlock.png

Damage: 10
Knockback: 2.5
Crit chance: 4%
Use time: 16
Velocity: 13
Crafted from 15 wood, 3 acorns, and 5 iron/lead bars.
When shooting, it releases 4-10 small leaves, that are only visual enhancements.
Rarity: White
Sells for 10 silver
But that's not all! Just grab your flintlock, and some biome wood and some other stuff, and then you get more powerful flintlocks! Which are all filthy recolors!
Gaia Flintlock
View attachment 233327
Damage: 19
Knockback: 1.5
Crit chance: 4%
Use time: 21
Velocity: 9
Crafted from one Wood-Handled Flintlock, 10 Rich Mahogany, and 3 stingers.
Bullets inflict Poisoned.
Rarity: Green
Sells for 20 silver

Fancy Flintlock
Damage: 8
Knockback: 8
Crit chance: 8%
Use time: 8
Velocity: 8
Crafted from one Wood-Handled Flintlock, 8 Dynasty Wood, and 8 silk.
Rarity: Purple
Sells for 8 copper

Now, no more guns. Time for some ACTUAL gear for gunslingers!
Acorn Bullets
Crafted from 20 wood and one acorn.
Deals 4 damage
Velocity: 3.5
Knockback: 0.5
Rarity: White

Gunslinger Glove
Accessory
Bought from the Arms Dealer with a Musket or Undertaker in one's inventory.
Increases ranged damage by 8% and gun damage by 3% more.
Increases ranged velocity by 10%
Bullets have a 20% chance to not be consumed.
Every 15 shots, the next shot shoots a double amount of bullets they should've.

Last edited:
Oh my god, the aquatic and snowshooter flintlocks are so overpowered and so easy to get. Please PLEASE nerf them

I don't really think prehardmode needs many guns anyway, and you gave the world evil bosses a gun when they already had one. This seems highly unnecessary and highly unbalanced.

That fancy Flintlock seems more like a meme weapon than anything, 120 DPS, wait, 240DPS due to the 100% crit, for a pre-hardmode.... pre-boss. Having an overpowered weapon avaible very early on, and just giving it an expensive crafting recipe is not a good way to balance it.

And the rest do seem overpowered.

There are multiple issues here:
  • The first one on the list is the most balanced on the suggestion, since it compares rather well to the Golden Bow, and then there are multiple unnecessary upgrades for it that overtune it to hell. I'm also not sure about introducing flashy effects like that at the beginning of the game, i'd just make it a normal gun.
  • Aquatic Flintlock sells for 40 Gold. What the :red:. It also inflicts a debuff that is way too powerful for Pre-Hardmode assuming it'd even work on enemies.
  • We already have the Musket/Undertaker for this part of the game, why add more guns just here, exactly?

There are multiple issues here:
  • The first one on the list is the most balanced on the suggestion, since it compares rather well to the Golden Bow, and then there are multiple unnecessary upgrades for it that overtune it to hell. I'm also not sure about introducing flashy effects like that at the beginning of the game, i'd just make it a normal gun.
I think I'm gonna rework this entire thread - I'm removing all the other guns other than the Gaia Flintlock and replace them with an accessory, and some new bullets.

• Aquatic Flintlock sells for 40 Gold. What the :red:. It also inflicts a debuff that is way too powerful for Pre-Hardmode assuming it'd even work on enemies.
That's supposed to be 4 gold! The Snowshooter one should be 3 gold too, that's a mistake.

• We already have the Musket/Undertaker for this part of the game, why add more guns just here, exactly?
I like guns.

Ahh, I've fixed a lot.
  • I removed the excess flintlocks, and added more unique stuff.
  • Say hello to the gunslinger glove, which can increase your ranged and gunslinging damage, meanwhile augmenting your bullets. It can double them. The boomstick antics will be insane.
  • Acorn bullets, the useless bullets that you can craft earlygame.

Fancy Flintlock
8 Platinum coins.
Rarity: Rainbow
Sells for 8 copper
IMG_0870.jpg

buh
buh
buhwai
wai would you do?
Sorry, this is the single most bizarre thing I've seen on these forums. I don't care about the sell price too much, but WHY PLATINUM Coins?! Rainbow rarity is also reserved for Expert-exclusive items, and nothing in the recipe is Expert-exclusive (and no, just making it mysteriously unable to be crafted in Normal Mode is not a good option).

Increases ranged damage by 8% and gun damage by 3% more.
Increases ranged velocity by 10%
Bullets have a 20% chance to not be consumed.
Every 15 shots, the next shot shoots a double amount of bullets they should've.
Okay, you're gonna have to decide on one or two bonuses, here, since that's way too many for a single accessory. Doesn't help that you can get it so early.
I'd go for 1 and 4, but turn 1 into +8% Gun damage.

View attachment 233363
buh
buh
buhwai
wai would you do?
Sorry, this is the single most bizarre thing I've seen on these forums. I don't care about the sell price too much, but WHY PLATINUM Coins?! Rainbow rarity is also reserved for Expert-exclusive items, and nothing in the recipe is Expert-exclusive (and no, just making it mysteriously unable to be crafted in Normal Mode is not a good option).

Okay, you're gonna have to decide on one or two bonuses, here, since that's way too many for a single accessory. Doesn't help that you can get it so early.
I'd go for 1 and 4, but turn 1 into +8% Gun damage.
That's the best response to the most bizarre concept on these forums that I've ever seen on these forums.

Seriously why would you use coins in crafting a gun? And that gun isn't all that powerful as by the time you can get 8 Platinum you'll already be in mid-hardmode with far better gear.

Back
Top Bottom