NPCs & Enemies more prehardmode bosses

Hana mizuno

Terrarian
So i was thinking about why i hate playing pre hardmode then i remembered why its the feeling of being to slow and weak so i was thinking of a boss ideas a 1 for the marble underground the marble would be the "cheif hoplite" (dont know if i spelled that right) pretty much a much stronger hoplite that throws enchanted javoilens and his second phase he attacks like a paladin in the post planter dungeon throwing and meleeing you when killed he can drop his spear Wich is stronger than the rotted fork doing about 21 melee damage or 64-148 of his spears and can also drop his armor Wich is a pre skeletron throwing armor and the set bonus is and javolein thrown is enchanted 66% chance not to consume throwing item and 33% velocity increase in total 19 defense and his expert mode drop being "the cheifs crown" and equipable that summons a hoplite to follow you and attacks like the pygmy.
I dunno it may be stupid to post this but why not get my ideas out there

(Sorry for bad English its not my first language)

Last edited:
Your solution to being slow and weak is to implement a boss in an early game area that would destroy a slow and weak player?

I don't see what's wrong with being slow and weak. Every journey has a beginning.

Your solution to being slow and weak is to implement a boss in an early game area that would destroy a slow and weak player?

I don't see what's wrong with being slow and weak. Every journey has a beginning.
It wouldent spawn at random it would be like plantera you break a block and it spawns slow is fine im thinking of ways to revive the throwing the class

It wouldent spawn at random it would be like plantera you break a block and it spawns slow is fine im thinking of ways to revive the throwing the class
But this wold be by far the strongest throwing armor, and it's easier to obtain than Fossil or Ninja

But this wold be by far the strongest throwing armor, and it's easier to obtain than Fossil or Ninja
Im 99% sure no one ever makes fossil armor like ever. Thats also the point because fossil armor is pretty weak since you cant get until post eow or boc

Since it can do actual damage and make the throwing class somewhat usefull for anything past the eye
The Fossil Armor can do actual damage and be useful for a lot past the eye too, except it's obtained in an area where it is balanced. This can be obtained at essentially any time and would make most other pre-hardmode armor obsolete.

The Fossil Armor can do actual damage and be useful for a lot past the eye too, except it's obtained in an area where it is balanced. This can be obtained at essentially any time and would make most other pre-hardmode armor obsolete.
Hmm good point maybe it should only spawn post boc of eow to make it balanced or maybe even post skeletron and these are just ideas

Since it can do actual damage and make the throwing class somewhat usefull for anything past the eye

Correct me if I am wrong but I've seen several posts that seem to reference a decision made by the Dev. Team that the throwing "class" wasn't going to be taken any further.

I personally like the thought of a well balanced throwing class because it seems fun, but if we're talking about making a throwing "class" more viable, shouldn't we focus more on hardmode content where it is less viable?

I think that the concepts of making the throwing "class" viable in hardmode and making pre-hardmode content lengthier and more engaging probably need to be separate threads, so we don't have some sort of perceived red herring effect with these two distinct topics.

Correct me if I am wrong but I've seen several posts that seem to reference a decision made by the Dev. Team that the throwing "class" wasn't going to be taken any further.

I personally like the thought of a well balanced throwing class because it seems fun, but if we're talking about making a throwing "class" more viable, shouldn't we focus more on hardmode content where it is less viable?

I think that the concepts of making the throwing "class" viable in hardmode and making pre-hardmode content lengthier and more engaging probably need to be separate threads, so we don't have some sort of perceived red herring effect with these two distinct topics.
Oh i didnt know that uh sorry. I always wondered why it just kinda died

Oh i didnt know that uh sorry. I always wondered why it just kinda died

I don't have any specific links or anything to reference, just recalling a few posts I've read on here that seem to indicate that some people at least believe that this was said at one point or another by someone acting in an official capacity. I think the lack of hardmode throwing content backs this up somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom