• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

More Shadowflame items!

Bry-ccentric

Steampunker
So who else thought that Shadowflame could have been more than just 3 weapons?
I diiiiiiiiid. And do.
Torches, a Summon weapon from the Goblin Summoner, maybe a Flask of Shadowflame...
I dunno, stuff like that.
Down below, I've sprited all my ideas. It's not much, compared to my other suggestions, but it's something.

[A welcome surprise: the folks behind the Antiaris mod added in a few of the items here. They changed most of them, either functionally or visually, which I'm pretty glad about, actually.]

New Goblin Summoner Drops
The Goblin Summoner's drops are now 8.33%/16.67% each, instead of 16.70%/33.33%. I'm adding three new drops, so...

Shadowflame

8.33%/16.67% chance of being dropped by the Goblin Summoner, in stacks of 6 - 16/12 - 32.
Just material for Shadowflame items.
Type: Crafting Material
Rarity:
Light Red
Sell: 1

Shadowflame Apparition Staff

8.33%/
16.67% chance of being dropped by the Goblin Summoner.
Summons a Shadowflame Apparition that constantly flies around the player.
When it sees an enemy, it'll ram into it, dealing damage and inflicting Shadowflame for 5 - 8 seconds. The minions attack like the Goblin Summoner's Shadowflame Apparations.
Type: Weapon
Damage: 45 (Summon)
Knockback: 1 (Extremely Weak)
Mana: 12
CRIT Chance: 4%
Use Time: 35 (Slow)
Velocity: 10
Tooltip: Summons a shadowflame apparition to fight for you
Grants Buff: Shadowflame Apparition
(Until death, disabled or overwritten)
Buff Tooltip: Shadowflame apparitions will fight for you
Rarity:
Pink

Sell: 2

Shadowflame Charm

8.33%/
16.67% chance of being dropped by the Goblin Summoner.
Minions now inflict Shadowflame for 6- no, wait, 9 seconds, since Shadowflame now lasts for 50% longer (and not just for minions). Infliction chance is 100%.
[Antiaris threw out the debuff duration increase, which, alright, fair. My intention was to boost other sources of the debuff as well, but this is supposed to be a SUMMONER accessory.
Can't say I understand what I'm looking at with the redesigned sprite, though, even if it does look better.]
Type: Accessory / Crafting Material
Tooltip: Minions inflict Shadowflame, Shadowflame duration is increased
Rarity:
Pink

New Craftable Shadowflame Items

Shadowflame Torch

Crafted with a Shadowflame and 22 Torches. Makes 22.
Simply a torch with a Shadowflame glow. Not very bright.

Same stats as any other torch.

Shadowflame Campfire

Crafted with 10 Ebon/Shadewood and 5 Shadowflame Torches.

Functionally identical to other campfires, but isn't as bright, seeing it's Shadowflame.
Sell: No value

Shadowflame Arrow

Crafted with a Shadowflame and 44 Wooden Arrows. Makes 44.
Type: Ammunition
Damage: 18 (Ranged)
Knockback: 1.5 (Extremely Weak)

Velocity: 5
Inflicts Debuff: Shadowflame
(100%, 10 seconds)
Debuff Tooltip: Losing life
Rarity:
Light Red

Shadowflame Bullet

Crafted with a Shadowflame and 70 Musket Balls. Makes 70.
Damage: 13 (Ranged)
Velocity: 7
(100%, 6 seconds)
Rarity:
Light Red

Shadowflame Dart

Crafted with a Shadowflame. Makes 100.
When an enemy is it, it'll split into 4 more darts that travel in a cross, much like the Lunatic Cultist's own Shadowflame attack.
The 4 resulting darts have infinite pierce and travel 20 blocks (Or until they hit a block).
Damage: 12 (Ranged)
Knockback: None
Velocity: 3
(100%, 8 seconds)
Rarity:
Light Red
Sell: No value

Flask of Shadowflame

Crafted with Bottled Water and 5 Shadowflame.
Melee attacks inflict Shadowflame for 20 minutes after drinking.
Type: Potion
Use Time: 16 (Very Fast)
Tooltip: Melee attacks inflict Shadowflame on enemies
Grants Buff: Weapon Imbue:
Shadowflame
(20 minutes)
Buff Tooltip: Melee attacks inflict Shadowflame on enemies
Rarity:
Orange

Dark Spin

Crafted with a Wooden Yoyo, 15 Shadowflame and 10 Souls of Night.
Does not bounce off of enemies and instead pierces. Lasts up to 20 seconds and reaches 20 blocks. Killing an enemy with this causes an explosion similar to that of the Solar Eruption's, which inflicts Shadowflame on all nearby enemies.
[Wow, after seeing how Antiaris did this yoyo, I feel incredibly stupid for not having thought of doing something with the "Spin" part of the name. Their redesign of the yoyo looks a lot cooler, too.]
Type: Weapon
Damage: 42 (Melee)
CRIT Chance: 4%
Use Time: 24 (Fast)
Velocity: 20
(8 seconds)
Rarity:
Orange

Prime Necklace

Crafted with a Pygmy Necklace and an Avenger Emblem (Tinkerer's Workshop).
NOW, you may be wondering why this non-Shadowflame item is in this Shadowflame expansion suggestion.
Give it a moment...
Tooltip: 10% increased summon damage, Increased Minion Capacity
Rarity: Light Purple
Sell:

Sinister Charm

Crafted with a Shadowflame Charm and a Prime Necklace (Tinkerer's Workshop).
...moment has been given.
[I'm surprised that this and the Prime Necklace sprites were left as-is; I thought this one was the worst-looking of the bunch.]

10% increased summon damage, Increased Minion Capacity
Rarity: Lime
Sell: 8

Papyrus Cobra

Crafted with a Papyrus Scarab and a Sinister Charm.
The damage bonus is now 25% and the minion bonus is +2.
Type: Accessory

25% increased summon damage, Increased Minion Capacity
Rarity: Cyan
Sell: 12

Shadowflame Debuff (Modified)

Effects: Along with the 15 Damage Per Second, Shadowflame now also has a blinding visual effect. It starts as a solid purple at the center of the screen, and it turns more black and transparent and the closer the effect gets to the edges of the screen, being about 80% transparent near the very edges of the screen.
Tooltip: The flames burn so hot, yet so dark...

Last edited:
Maybe it's that I don't fully understand what shadowflame does (since the only item I have for it is a bow and I'm saving my arrows for a endless quiver) but aside from the papyrus cobra I'm having a hard time getting hyped for these I mean they look cool and all

Bry-ccentric

Steampunker
Maybe it's that I don't fully understand what shadowflame does (since the only item I have for it is a bow and I'm saving my arrows for a endless quiver) but aside from the papyrus cobra I'm having a hard time getting hyped for these I mean they look cool and all
Shadowflame is basically a stronger Damage over Time debuff than Cursed Inferno (15 DPS compared to 6 DPS for Cursed Inferno), but is only utilized by three weapons.
Shadowflame felt like it should've been a little more, though, like how Cursed Flames and Ichor have Flasks and ammunition and a Campfire.
It's not supposed to be anything major; I just wanted to flesh it out a little more.

Last edited:

repeater13

Terrarian
Dark Spin should have less damage; it's stronger than the Amorak and the Hel-Fire and it could be as strong as Yelets (post Mech boss yoyo) if with the right modifiers.

ZeMavies

Steampunker
Pretty cool! I don't really like it if the goblin summoners drop torches, instead it should drop Shadowflame Fragments. And I would love it if you can add a Living Shadowflame Blocks too!

Bry-ccentric

Steampunker
Pretty cool! I don't really like it if the goblin summoners drop torches, instead it should drop Shadowflame Fragments. And I would love it if you can add a Living Shadowflame Blocks too!
Yeah, I had been wanting to do that, but I wasn't sure what I'd call it. I'm an idiot I guess.
Gimme a bit and I'll change that.
[7/23/2017] Changed.

Last edited:

Tux

Official Terrarian
I'm absolutely in love with this topic. So glad I found, I'm not the only one who wants more Shadowflame items. Shadowflame is awesome, it shouldn't be restricted from the players into only 3 items.

thegigibeast

Terrarian
I really, really like your ideas!!! I am in the process of making a mod, and I also added a shadowflame material, so... Could I please use your sprites and ideas and turn them into real items?

Top Bottom