Items More Shadowflame items!

Bry

Steampunker
So who else thought that Shadowflame could have been more than just 3 weapons?
I diiiiiiiiid. And do.
Torches, a Summon weapon from the Goblin Summoner, maybe a Flask of Shadowflame...
I dunno, stuff like that.
Down below, I've sprited all my ideas. It's not much, compared to my other suggestions, but it's something.

[A welcome surprise: the folks behind the Antiaris mod added in a few of the items here. They changed most of them, either functionally or visually, which I'm pretty glad about, actually.]

nwzP6dg.png

New Goblin Summoner Drops
The Goblin Summoner's drops now each have a 10%/20% of dropping instead of 16.70%/33.33%, as I'm adding two new drops.

Shadowflame
J3FJSgM.png

Drops in stacks of 12-18/18-36
Just material for Shadowflame items.
Type: Crafting Material
Rarity:
Light Red
Sell: 1 Silver

Mana: 12
CRIT Chance: 4%
Use Time: 35 (Slow)

Shadowflame Charm
nLmS8Ke.png
cRs8c80.png

Minions (but not sentries) now inflict Shadowflame for 9 seconds. Additionally, a Shadowflame Apparition will follow you around, acting like a 1-segment Stardust Dragon that can't quite stay on enemies as well as the dragon can. It'll do moderate damage per hit and inflict Shadowflame like every other minion.
The Apparition spawns with its own buff, allowing you to right-click it out of existence if you want it out of the way. Simply summon any minion or re-equip the Shadowflame Charm if you want the minion to come back.
[Can't say I understand what I'm looking at with the Antiaris sprite, even if it does look better.]
Type: Accessory / Crafting Material
Damage: 50 (Summon)
Knockback: 5 (Average)
Critical Strike Chance: 8%
Tooltip: Minions inflict Shadowflame on attack
A Shadowflame Apparition will follow you around, attacking those who come near

Grants Shadowflame Apparition
YpfyL1L.png
(Until death, disabled or overwritten)
Inflicts Shadowflame
mLR2I9T.png
(100% chance from all minions, 9 seconds)
Rarity:
Pink

Sell: 2 Gold
New Craftable Shadowflame Items
Shadowflame Torch
6nJ3PiW.png

Crafted with 1 Shadowflame and 40 Torches, making 40.
Simply a torch with a Shadowflame glow. Not very bright.

Same stats as any other torch.
Sell: No value

Shadowflame Campfire
dV8LUhH.png

Crafted with 10 Ebon/Shadewood and 5 Shadowflame Torches.

Functionally identical to other campfires, except that instead produces a dark purple glow that almost darkens the area instead of lighting it.

Shadowflame Arrow
jp4kCxA.png

Crafted with 1 Shadowflame and 44 Wooden Arrows. Makes 44.
Type: Ammunition
Damage: 18 (Ranged)
Knockback: 1.5 (Extremely Weak)

Velocity: 5
Inflicts Debuff: Shadowflame
mLR2I9T.png
(100%, 10 seconds)
Debuff Tooltip: Losing life
Rarity:
Light Red

Shadowflame Bullet
SksZd3U.png

Crafted with 1 Shadowflame and 70 Musket Balls. Makes 70.
Damage: 13 (Ranged)
Knockback: 1 (Extremely Weak)
Velocity: 7
mLR2I9T.png
(100%, 6 seconds)
Rarity:
Light Red

Shadowflame Dart

EyoNNeH.png
gXiNFVh.png

Crafted with 1 Shadowflame. Makes 100.
When the dart hits an enemy, it'll split into 4 smaller darts that travel in the four cardinal directions, much like the Lunatic Cultist's own Shadowflame attack.
The 4 resulting darts have infinite pierce and travel 20 blocks (Or until they hit a block).
Damage: 12 (Ranged)
Knockback: None
Velocity: 3
mLR2I9T.png
(100%, 8 seconds)
Rarity:
Light Red

Flask of Shadowflame
EJVF1J7.png

Crafted with Bottled Water and 5 Shadowflame.
Melee attacks inflict Shadowflame for 20 minutes after drinking.
Type: Potion
Use Time: 16 (Very Fast)
Tooltip: Melee attacks inflict Shadowflame on enemies
Grants Buff: Weapon Imbue:
Shadowflame
AffL3Us.png
(20 minutes)
Buff Tooltip: Melee attacks inflict Shadowflame on enemies
Rarity:
Orange
Sell: 1 Silver

Dark Spin
DJgfvSm.png

Crafted with a Wooden Yoyo, 15 Shadowflame and 10 Souls of Night.
Does not bounce off of enemies and instead pierces. Lasts up to 20 seconds and reaches 20 blocks. Killing an enemy with this causes an explosion similar to that of the Solar Eruption's, which inflicts Shadowflame on all nearby enemies.
[Wow, after seeing how Antiaris did this yoyo, I feel incredibly stupid for not having thought of doing something with the "Spin" part of the name. Their redesign of the yoyo looks a lot cooler, too.]
Type: Weapon
Damage: 42 (Melee)
Knockback: 1 (Extremely Weak)
CRIT Chance: 4%
Use Time: 24 (Fast)
Velocity: 20
mLR2I9T.png
(8 seconds)
Rarity:
Orange
Sell: 2 Gold

Prime Necklace
2VP0kN2.png

Crafted with a Pygmy Necklace and an Avenger Emblem (Tinkerer's Workshop).
NOW, you may be wondering why this non-Shadowflame item is in this Shadowflame expansion suggestion.
Give it a moment...
Tooltip: 10% increased summon damage, increased Minion Capacity
Rarity: Light Purple
Sell:
7 Gold

Sinister Charm
8er1t3Z.png

Crafted with a Shadowflame Charm and a Prime Necklace (Tinkerer's Workshop).
...moment has been given.
[I'm surprised that this and the Prime Necklace sprites were left as-is; I thought this one was the worst-looking of the bunch.]
Tooltip: Minions inflict Shadowflame on attack; a Shadowflame Apparition will follow you around, attacking those who come near

10% increased summon damage, increased Minion Capacity

YpfyL1L.png
Inflicts Shadowflame
mLR2I9T.png

Rarity: Lime
Sell: 8 Gold

Papyrus Cobra
xRJteAg.png

Crafted with a Papyrus Scarab and a Sinister Charm.
The damage bonus is now 25% and the minion bonus is +2.
Type: Accessory
Tooltip: Minions inflict Shadowflame on attack; a Shadowflame Apparition will follow you around, attacking those who come near

25% increased summon damage, increased Minion Capacity

YpfyL1L.png
Inflicts Shadowflame
mLR2I9T.png

Rarity: Cyan
Sell: 12 Gold

Shadowflame Debuff (Modified)
mLR2I9T.png

Effects: Along with the 15 Damage Per Second, Shadowflame now also has a blinding visual effect. It starts as a solid purple at the center of the screen, and it turns more black and transparent and the closer the effect gets to the edges of the screen, being about 80% transparent near the very edges of the screen.
Tooltip: The flames burn so hot, yet so dark...

Last edited:
Maybe it's that I don't fully understand what shadowflame does (since the only item I have for it is a bow and I'm saving my arrows for a endless quiver) but aside from the papyrus cobra I'm having a hard time getting hyped for these I mean they look cool and all

Reactions: Bry
Maybe it's that I don't fully understand what shadowflame does (since the only item I have for it is a bow and I'm saving my arrows for a endless quiver) but aside from the papyrus cobra I'm having a hard time getting hyped for these I mean they look cool and all
Shadowflame is basically a stronger Damage over Time debuff than Cursed Inferno (15 DPS compared to 6 DPS for Cursed Inferno), but is only utilized by three weapons.
Shadowflame felt like it should've been a little more, though, like how Cursed Flames and Ichor have Flasks and ammunition and a Campfire.
It's not supposed to be anything major; I just wanted to flesh it out a little more.

Last edited:
Dark Spin should have less damage; it's stronger than the Amorak and the Hel-Fire and it could be as strong as Yelets (post Mech boss yoyo) if with the right modifiers.

Pretty cool! I don't really like it if the goblin summoners drop torches, instead it should drop Shadowflame Fragments. And I would love it if you can add a Living Shadowflame Blocks too!

Pretty cool! I don't really like it if the goblin summoners drop torches, instead it should drop Shadowflame Fragments. And I would love it if you can add a Living Shadowflame Blocks too!
Yeah, I had been wanting to do that, but I wasn't sure what I'd call it. I'm an idiot I guess.
Gimme a bit and I'll change that.
[7/23/2017] Changed.

Last edited:
I'm absolutely in love with this topic. So glad I found, I'm not the only one who wants more Shadowflame items. Shadowflame is awesome, it shouldn't be restricted from the players into only 3 items.

I've never dealt with shadowflames before, but this looks cool!!! 100% supporting!!!

I really, really like your ideas!!! I am in the process of making a mod, and I also added a shadowflame material, so... Could I please use your sprites and ideas and turn them into real items?

I wanted more Shadowflame items and I was going to make a thread but then I saw this one in Bry-ccentric's signature. So I definitely give support and if you make a support banner I will put it in my signature.

Last edited:
I wanted more Shadowflame items and I was going to make a thread but then I saw this one in Bry-ccenetric's signature. So I definitely give support and if you make a support banner I will put it in my signature.
Well then I sure must thank this Bry-ccenetric person when I find them for the advertisement. And on the topic of advertisement, I've been thinking of doing something like Izzabelle's little icons that she has for each of her Biome suggestions instead of a banner; maybe a lil' badge for each.
That's definitely not the highest thing on my priority list, though.

Well then I sure must thank this Bry-ccenetric person when I find them for the advertisement. And on the topic of advertisement, I've been thinking of doing something like Izzabelle's little icons that she has for each of her Biome suggestions instead of a banner; maybe a lil' badge for each.
You know I am talking about you. Ok your badge idea will be unique.

I fixed your name on my reply. Sorry if that's what you meant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom