Weapons & Equip More Sky Stuff

Darkwraith332

Skeletron
This is my first suggestion thread. Judgeth not. I think the Sky sucks. It has a wyvern .Thats about it. And, if the RNG gods bless you, a cloud staff, feathers, and flight souls. Whee. Well Im gonna change that with this thing. A couple weapons and a new miniboss. Lets go.

Storm Lord-a floating, cloaked, evil looking dude with a weird crown. Hp: 3000 damage: 30(melee) 50(lightning) 20(Storm Blade)

Phase 1- he flies around, sometimes diving at the player and sending a red, sword shaped projectile at the player. Health 3000/3000

20% chance to use dive, 50% to use storm blade if he dives.

Phase 2- His eyes glow red when enters this phase. Health 1500/3000. He floats around above the player and rains down lightning bolts that come from the top of the screen angled at random places onscreen, doing a small AOE area when they hit a block or platform. He also sends storm blades at the player if they get too close, but won't dive like in phase 1.

\Drops: 5-10 gold, Lightning Rod, Sword Staff, Storm Crown, Nimbus Lash with a 25% drop rate each.

Weapons:

Lightning Rod: 45 magic damage, costs 10 mana, average speed. Best modifier is Mythical.
It shoots a yellow bolt that,upon hitting one enemy, leaps to nearest other one available.It can do this three times, decreasing in damage by 5 each time.
"Zap!"

Sword Staff: 35 summon damage, 15 mana, slow speed. I don't know the summoner modifiers.
It summons a floating, pink sword that hovers around the player, not attacking anything by itself. However when you click on an enemy, all the sword rush at that enemy, then slowly drift back to you. ALL of them. Only once they ave returned to the player can you direct them again.

Storm Crown-accessory- whenever a non-ranged attack hits, lightning falls from the sky and hits a random place, emitting much light and possibly inflicting Slow.

Nimbus Lash- 30 melee damage-fast speed. Best modifier is Legendary.
It's a whip that uncoils itself to the point clicked, then returns almost instantly. Has insanely long range for a flail. May inflict Slow.

That's about it, suggestions are welcome, as are sprites.A banner would be cool, too,

To support this, just say " I support: More Sky Stuff" with a link or something.

Last edited:
A Cloud Staff?

Ehm... what?

Anyways, disregarding the above nonexistant item;

Nevermind

Storm Lord is very, very underpowered. I understand that it's a miniboss, but if his attacks are going to have that much complexity...

Compare to the EoC: 2800 health. Lasts roughly half a second against most hardmode weapons.

Now the drops...

Lightning rod sounds interesting, though the damage should be nerfed a bit (unless there are restrictions on this thing spawning that you haven't mentioned; currently I'm assuming it's just hardmode sky).

Storm Crown sounds... rather useless. Non-ranged meaning magic or melee I assume... but a "random place" on screen really has a fairly low chance of hitting anything at all. At least the Star Cloak and Honey Comb target the attacker...

Sword staff- Interesting in theory, although A) it should deal contact damage when it's revolving around you (so it's still somewhat usable for non-summoners) and B) honestly I'm not entirely sure how useful it actually is for summoners, since sending them out to attack leaves you fairly defenseless.

Flail: As long as it isn't a piercing weapon, I'm fine with this (though IMO should deal damage to any enemy at point of contact.)

Compare to the EoC: 2800 health. Lasts roughly half a second against most hardmode weapons.

currently I'm assuming it's just hardmode sky.

Storm Crown sounds... rather useless. Non-ranged meaning magic or melee I assume... but a "random place" on screen really has a fairly low chance of hitting anything at all.
Sword staff- Interesting in theory, although A) it should deal contact damage when it's revolving around you (so it's still somewhat usable for non-summoners)
I agree, perhaps 5000 health is less underpowered.?

Yes, meaning it spawns in/around the level floating islands are at during HM.

Now that I think about it, this is true, but I want to save the somewhat random aspect of it, perhaps it should generate, say, 3 strikes in different places.

They do, I forgot to mention that in the suggestion. Whoops.

The lightning rod and sword staff sound interesting... Not so sure about the miniboss.

I especially like the sword staff because it gives summoners an active, non-passive attack.

Back
Top Bottom