Blocks & Decoration More Spikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelSt0rmMaster

Skeletron Prime
Hi, this is an idea for more spikes. Currently, the only spikes in the game are Wooden ones, found in Jungle Temples, and normal ones, found in the dungeon. However, both only harm players, so you can't make home defenses out of them. Here are my spike ideas.

First, the devs would remove the spikes currently in the game. Then, there would be the following spikes added:

-Wooden Spike
-Deals 5 damage per second in contact with it.
-Crafted from 9 wood at a Work Bench.

-Stone Spike
-Deals 7 damage per second in contact with it.
-Crafted from 9 stone at a Work Bench.

-Copper/Tin Spike
-Deals 10 damage per second in contact with it.
-Crafted from 6 Copper/Tin bars at an Anvil.

-Iron/Lead Spike
-Deals 13 damage per second in contact with it.
-Crafted from 6 Iron/Lead bars at an Anvil.

-Gold/Platinum Spike
-Deals 17 damage per second in contact with it.
-Crafted from 6 Gold/Platinum bars at an Anvil.

-Meteorite Spike
-Inflicts On Fire! debuff when in contact with it for 7 seconds. (14 seconds on Expert Mode.)
-Crafted from 6 Meteorite bars at an Anvil.

-Demonite/Crimtane Spike
-Deals 25 damage per second in contact with it.
-Crafted from 6 Demonite/Crimtane bars at an Anvil.

-Obsidian Spike
-Deals 29 damage per second in contact with it.
-Crafted from 6 Obsidian at an Anvil.

-Cobalt/Palladium Spike
-Deals 34 damage per second in contact with it.
-Crafted from 6 Cobalt/Palladium bars at an Anvil.

-Mythril/Orichalcum Spike
-Deals 40 damage per second in contact with it.
-Crafted from 6 Mythril/Orichalcum bars at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.

-Adamantite/Titanium
-Deals 46 damage per second in contact with it.
-Crafted from 6 Adamantite/Titanium bars at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.

-Various Other Wood Spike
-Deals 7 damage per second in contact with it.
-Crafted from 9 Various Other Wood at a Work Bench.

All Spike recipes create 3 spikes. Spikes are a block, not a wall. By various other wood, I mean boreal, rich mahogany, etc. The current spikes would be replaced by Iron Spikes in the dungeon, and Gold spikes in the Lihzard Temple. Also, spikes deal damage to Players, NPCS, Monsters, and Critters.

Hope you liked the suggestion. If you did, please let me know, or even create a sprite! If not, feel free to send constructive criticism to make my idea better. Anybody who helps the suggestion will recieve credit here:

CREDIT:
-SteelSt0rmMaster, aka myself for creating the thread.
-YOU, for reading the thread, and possibly commenting!

Thanks for reading!

We don't need more spikes. Not only are 3/4 of them irrelevant, either because of lack of damage, or waste of resources, it makes killing enemies way to easy. As well as that, if your spikes are made in the dungeon/lihzard temple, alot of enemies will die without you even doing anything. These spikes are just too OP.

If you want a monster deterrent, make a lava pit or a dart wall. We don't need this in Terraria.

Last edited:
I find the removal of the current spikes (and apparent readdition of the {now terribly nerfed} wooden spikes) unnecessary. It makes things WAY too complicated, and prevents the spikes from serving their actual purpose - being where the player least expects them, waiting for that one Angry Bones/Lihzahrd to push the player into them - favoring making enemies entirely helpless in their own home.

Also, the Meteorite Spikes one is ridiculously underwhelming compared to the others.

We don't need more spikes. Not only are 3/4 of them irrelevant, either because of lack of damage, or waste of resources, it makes killing enemies way to easy. As well as that, if your spikes are made in the dungeon/lihzard temple, alot of enemies will die without you even doing anything. These spikes are just too OP.

If you want a monster deterrent, make a lava pit or a dart wall. We don't need this in Terraria.
I find the removal of the current spikes (and apparent readdition of the {now terribly nerfed} wooden spikes) unnecessary. It makes things WAY too complicated, and prevents the spikes from serving their actual purpose - being where the player least expects them, waiting for that one Angry Bones/Lihzahrd to push the player into them - favoring making enemies entirely helpless in their own home.

Also, the Meteorite Spikes one is ridiculously underwhelming compared to the others.
Both of you guys seem to be right. I'll find a staff m ember to delete this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom