Weapons & Equip More Stuff Crafted From Luminite

Do we need more items crafted from Luminite?

• Total voters
I love the M.S.H.G, but can it shoot bees instead? The wasp gun is unaffected by the Hive Pack, so if this was a hive or bee gun instead, the hive pack would work on it and make it an awesome item! Two ideas; a hive gun could have an amazing sprite, and could be used with the hive pack to craft a cool new weapon.
Currently the Hive Pack is only useful pre-hardmode, and I feel like it's more fitting that way. Also, Alien Hornets make a lot more sense than bees.

M.S.H.G sounds useless endgame maybe increase the damage.
I slightly increased the damage. The reason it's not higher is because of the homing, the fact that they group up to hit a bunch of times, and that is shoots out 3-8 each time, making the damage add up alot. It's the same reason the Wasp Gun doesn't have higher damage.

Added summoner weapons. I'm a little unhappy with them but it's all I could think of for unique summoner weapons.

I'll take a shot at the ranged stuff! We see the Vortex Beater mixing rockets with bullets, although it doesn't use rocket ammo - but what if there WAS a ranged weapon that used two kinds of ammo simultaneously? I present to you the Quantum Emitter:

Quantum Emitter: A bow, gun, and rocket launcher all in one. Can use any type of ammo, and fires two simultaneously.
Tooltip: "Arrows? Bullets? Rockets? All take em' all." or "Jack of all trades."
80 ranged damage
knockback: bullets - weak; arrows - medium; rockets - strong
use speed: bullets - insane; arrows - fast; rockets - average
40% chance to not consume ammo.
Additional effects based on ammo combinations:
Bullets + arrows: increased chance not to consume ammo
Bullets + rockets: increased velocity
Arrows + rockets: increased critical strike chance

Note: You can load up two of any type of ammo – ichor bullets and rocket IVs; luminite bullets and chlorophyte bullets; venom bullets and holy arrows; etc. It picks the first two different ammo types it finds in your ammo slots/inventory. If you only have one type of ammo, it will just consume twice as much of that one type and shoot it in two streams. This would be extremely useful for when you want to use a certain ammo for its debuff (ex. ichor) and a different kind for its damage (ex. crystal bullets/holy arrows) without having to switch ammo or weapons.
---​

Another weapon that I've suggested elsewhere uses ores as ammunition with different effects (in the form of meteorite projectiles). Alternative ores apply.
Meteor Launcher: turns ores into meteors and shoots them at enemies with various effects.
Tooltip:
90 ranged damage
5% critical strike chance
Strong knockback
Average speed
22% chance not to consume ammo​

( 8 dmg) Copper-Gold - the meteorites give off light as they travel; Copper gives off the least light, Gold the most
(10 dmg) Crimtane - applies Ichor debuff
(13 dmg) Demonite - much higher critical strike chance
(15 dmg) Meteorite - meteorites ricochette
(18 dmg) Hellstone - causes burn damage over time
(22 dmg) Cobalt-Adamantite - higher velocity; Adamantite is the fastest
(25 dmg) Chlorophyte - homing meteorites
(30 dmg) Luminite - when a meteorite deals damage, three more meteorites are called down to fall on the location

I'll take a shot at the ranged stuff! We see the Vortex Beater mixing rockets with bullets, although it doesn't use rocket ammo - but what if there WAS a ranged weapon that used two kinds of ammo simultaneously? I present to you the Quantum Emitter:

Quantum Emitter: A bow, gun, and rocket launcher all in one. Can use any type of ammo, and fires two simultaneously.
Tooltip: "Arrows? Bullets? Rockets? All take em' all." or "Jack of all trades."
80 ranged damage
knockback: bullets - weak; arrows - medium; rockets - strong
use speed: bullets - insane; arrows - fast; rockets - average
40% chance to not consume ammo.
Additional effects based on ammo combinations:
Bullets + arrows: increased chance not to consume ammo
Bullets + rockets: increased velocity
Arrows + rockets: increased critical strike chance

Note: You can load up two of any type of ammo – ichor bullets and rocket IVs; luminite bullets and chlorophyte bullets; venom bullets and holy arrows; etc. It picks the first two different ammo types it finds in your ammo slots/inventory. If you only have one type of ammo, it will just consume twice as much of that one type and shoot it in two streams. This would be extremely useful for when you want to use a certain ammo for its debuff (ex. ichor) and a different kind for its damage (ex. crystal bullets/holy arrows) without having to switch ammo or weapons.
---​

Another weapon that I've suggested elsewhere uses ores as ammunition with different effects (in the form of meteorite projectiles). Alternative ores apply.
Meteor Launcher: turns ores into meteors and shoots them at enemies with various effects.
Tooltip:
90 ranged damage
5% critical strike chance
Strong knockback
Average speed
22% chance not to consume ammo​

( 8 dmg) Copper-Gold - the meteorites give off light as they travel; Copper gives off the least light, Gold the most
(10 dmg) Crimtane - applies Ichor debuff
(13 dmg) Demonite - much higher critical strike chance
(15 dmg) Meteorite - meteorites ricochette
(18 dmg) Hellstone - causes burn damage over time
(22 dmg) Cobalt-Adamantite - higher velocity; Adamantite is the fastest
(25 dmg) Chlorophyte - homing meteorites
(30 dmg) Luminite - when a meteorite deals damage, three more meteorites are called down to fall on the location
Interesting ideas, but I'm just gonna stick to two weapons per class.

Pike of Moons:
165 Melee Damage
4% Critical Strike Chance
Strong Knockback
Fast Speed
Tooltip: "Don't poke the Moon or you'll make it mad!"
A very long spear that shoots out a fast-moving, straight-traveling, infinitely-piercing spear-shaped projectile that leaves behind a trail of small moons that quickly grow to about twice their original size before disappearing. The spear it's self is a silvery colour with a large fancy point and a few bits in other places. The projectile and it's moons also give off light.
It is crafted with 15 Luminite Bars at an Ancient Manipulator.
Maybe the tooltip could be "We're going to kill the moon". I support!

Back
Top Bottom