Weapons & Equip More summoner items

The__Bird

Golem
(Yes, I got the format for these off the wiki with some small changes)

-HARDMODE-
Golem staff
Type: Summon weapon
Damage: 70
Max stack: 1
Minion cap: 2
Mana: 10
Velocity: 10
Rarity: Yellow
Acquired by: Dropped by golem (3.5% chance)
Tooltip (Item): Summons a golemite to fight for you
Tooltip (Buff): The golemite will fight for you
Sell: 5 gold
-Golemites are basically little floating golem heads

-HARDMODE-
Sad clown staff
Damage: 50
Minion cap: 1
Rarity: Pink
Acquired by: Rare drop from clown (2%)
Tooltip (Item): Summons a depressed clown to fight for you
Tooltip: (Buff): The clown will fight for you, but he is depressed
Sell: 2 gold
-Its just like a normal clown, but with a frown, a lot smaller, and the ball they balance on has a frown

-Pre HARDMODE-
Fire meteorite staff
Damage: 10
Max stack:1
Minion cap: 3
Mana 2
Rarity: Green
Acquired by: Rare from from meteor head (0.1%)
Tooltip (Item): Summons a meteor head to fight for you
Tooltip (Buff): The meteor head will fight for you
Sell: 1 gold
-Just tiny meteor heads. Nothing much

-HARDMODE-
Witchfire meteorite staff
Damage: 60
Rarity: Red
Acquired by: Rare drop from meteor heads in hardmode (0.05%)
Tooltip (Item): Summons a green meteor head to fight for you
Tooltip (Buff): The witch fire meteorite will fight for you
Sell: 10 gold
-Just tiny green meteor heads. Cool

-Pre HARDMODE-
Gremlin staff
Damage: 21
Mana: 8
Rarity: Green
Acquired by: Any goblin (0.1%)
Tooltip (Item): Summons a baby goblin to fight for you
Tooltip (Buff): The baby goblin will fight for you
Sell: 1 gold
-Kinda self explanatory

-HARDMODE-
Prime staff
Damage: (Cannon: 13) (Laser: 20) (Vice: 28) (Saw: 31)
Minion cap: 1
Rarity: Yellow
Acquired by: At a Mythril anvil (100 souls of fright, 20 hallowed bars, 10 souls of night, and 1 optic staff)
Tooltip (Item): Summons skeletron prime's limbs to fight for you
Tooltip (Buff): The limbs will fight for you. Creepy
Sell: 20 gold
-One of each of skeletron prime's limbs, except WAY smaller, and if possible they would float around you like they do with skeletron prime
-Also, if you summon the limbs, they count as 4 minions. Also you can not have more than one of these active at once

Last edited:
*facepalm* probably should've explained some of this stuff. I'll add a description for each one. And yes, the minion cap is 4
I'm a tad confused. Does the Prime Staff make your minion cap 4? Or does it just count as 4 minions?
For example: Could you use it with Bee Armor? Could you use it twice with Tiki Armor and all accessories?

I'm a tad confused. Does the Prime Staff make your minion cap 4? Or does it just count as 4 minions?
For example: Could you use it with Bee Armor? Could you use it twice with Tiki Armor and all accessories?
The Prime staff minions all together count as one minion, but you can not have more than one of each limb active at once

This was my take on how the Skeleton Prime Staff ought to work.
So here's a new idea I had for the Skeletron Prime Staff (shall I call it Cranium Staff?).
The first summon will be Prime's head. The next four summons will be all four limbs in this order: the Laser, then Cannon, then Saw, then Vice. You can only continue summoning if you have extra minion capacity. If your capacity is 2, you're only getting the head and the Laser. If it's 1, you're only getting the head.
And once you've assembled the entire thing, Exodia the Forbidden One, you win you can't use the Staff anymore. Fill in whatever capacity you have left with other minions. Enjoy the glorious monstrosity you invested 5 of your capacity into.
In the same vein, if you use the Destroyer Staff when you already have a Destroyer minion, you should summon a Probe instead.
One more. Separate minion buff icons for Skeletron Prime/Skeletron Arms and Destroyer/Probes. Cancelling the Prime buff removes the Arms. Cancelling the Destroyer buff removes the Probes. Any cancellation that would result from the capacity being exceeded will cancel an Arm/Probe before cancelling Prime/Destroyer themselves.

Considering the low amount of summing weapons it is reasonable to suggest that there be more. What I think is more important is making the summoner items do more, for example clicking and they shoot a projectile where you click or slow move towards your cursor. Or maybe they create a little explosion when you click with a little cooldown, things like this to make summoner weapons way more interesting and actually require the player to do something. Otherwise there is no variety between summoners and little need to add new weapons like these when they act so similar.

Considering the low amount of summing weapons it is reasonable to suggest that there be more. What I think is more important is making the summoner items do more, for example clicking and they shoot a projectile where you click or slow move towards your cursor. Or maybe they create a little explosion when you click with a little cooldown, things like this to make summoner weapons way more interesting and actually require the player to do something. Otherwise there is no variety between summoners and little need to add new weapons like these when they act so similar.
I see where you are coming from, but that would be just magic weapons. Summoner weapons summon things. Maybe a staff that summons a mob that makes explosions, or projectiles?

you should suggest a dragon tamer kit.
type: summon weapon
rare drop from wyvern, (1.17% chance)
attack increases with better armor (with no armor its 10, adding 10 for every level of armor)
can shoot fireballs, attack is 30, attack increases with armor (same attack multiplier) can inflict burn.
max stack: 1
minion cap: 10
mana: 20
rarity: yellow
item tooltip: Summons a dragon to fight for you.
buff tooltip: awww, its a little dragon.
sell price, to demolition man its 5 gold, arms dealer 1, dryad 3, an anybody else 2 gold

Back
Top Bottom