Items More types of Endless ammo!

Max :3

Terrarian
So, as many of you may know, there is the Endless Quiver and the Endless Musket Pouch. But today, I questioned myself, why just the basics when you can upgrade it? So, here I present you, the different types of Endless Ammo! Of course, Luminite is off the table, even though I made sprites for it, but the point I regret for it the most is that it would get the fun/challange to kill Moon Lord to gather materials to mkae the ammo, unless of course you need more than 70 Luminite Bars to make just the Endless Quiver, but well, here they are! :D

Endless Crystal Bullet Pouch: Very simple idea, right? You need around....400 crystals to make this....easy right? :D
Or, the amount of 3996 Crystal Bullets,

Endless Chlorophyte Quiver: Yep, a bit OP, but useful at the time, and since Chlorophyte takes a lot of grinding and such, it may be worth it. :3

Endless Chlorophyte Bullet Puch: Again, bit OP, but extremely useful, but again, will be hard to get.

Endless Holy Quiver: Combined with the Phantasm, you have the world in the palm of your hand, BUT! Since these recepies are extremely useful, and powerful at the same time, here are some conditions for it:

-To make both Chlorophytes Quiver and Pouch, the player will need Beetle Husk (100) , extra Chlorophyte Bars (100), and Turtle Shells (10)

-For the Crystal Pouch and Holy Quiver, the player will need Hallowed Bars (100), Souls of Light (100), and Souls of Night (100)

Down here are the pics of how the Luminite Quiver and Luminite Pouch should have look like, but for the reasons pointed above, those wouldn't be accepted for the users, so yeah, I hope you guys liked my ideas, and please make the developers see this! In case of balancing the items to make them more hard to craft, more crafting materials should be addead, ad so with more type of Quivers and Pouchs, thanks to you all! :D

Endless_Musket_Pouch.png Endless_Quiver.png

Then, in a case, the devs should AT LEAST rebalance the Phantasm as it was, to be honest, that was mostly the whole point of this thread, since the Pulse Bow is more powerful than the Phantasm, taking in mind Phantasm is the end-game bow, since Moon Lord drops no bow, or at least, make the Phantasm throw those laer-like arrows instead of the normal arrows the player uses as ammo, in that case, the Endless Quiver would be useful not just for mid-game, but for end-game too.

Then, in a case, the devs should AT LEAST rebalance the Phantasm as it was, to be honest, that was mostly the whole point of this thread, since the Pulse Bow is more powerful than the Phantasm, taking in mind Phantasm is the end-game bow, since Moon Lord drops no bow, or at least, make the Phantasm throw those laer-like arrows instead of the normal arrows the player uses as ammo, in that case, the Endless Quiver would be useful not just for mid-game, but for end-game too.
The endless quiver is useful in endgame. No matter how long the battle you won't run out of ammo.

Also if a buff to phantasm was the main point I would have expected at least a single sentence stating so.

What crackshotCerberus said. The endless musket pouch and endless quiver are just a huge convenience, with it you don't constantly have to visit the gun guy to buy more ammo, ammo that is already always available anyway.
Adding other varieties would greatly upset the balance in the force.

I also don't know why you think the endless quiver is useless in end-game. The Tsunami and Phantasm wreck everything, even with regular arrows.
Wear the Magic Quiver as well and your arrows have a nice speed boost too.

Honestly, I came to this thread expecting to see an Endless Rocket Barrel, or something along those lines.

Actually, have I seen that yet? Nah, don't think I have. Let's pretend I just suggested it.

The Endless Ammo items are supposed to be fallback options for when higher-tier ammo is depleted or for when you don't want to use it against minor enemies. Putting the most powerful bullets and arrows into Endless sources, as you can guess, is a little bit unfair.

What is ''unfair'' or ''unbalanced'' about these suggestions? They are just confident and helpful... as if you have 4 stacks of one ammo, that is pretty much enough to last a long time anyway. Adding these will just save space and reduce the tedious, further resource gathering when you run out of ammo.

What is ''unfair'' or ''unbalanced'' about these suggestions? They are just confident and helpful... as if you have 4 stacks of one ammo, that is pretty much enough to last a long time anyway. Adding these will just save space and reduce the tedious, further resource gathering when you run out of ammo.
Long time=/=Forever

It would allow people to use the most powerful ammo without any drawback.

I think everyone's getting a little exaggerated here with how "overpowered" and "unbalanced" it would be to have unlimited supplies of Chlorophyte, etc.

Let's face it, people. Ammo simply is not tough to get. It never has been. It's like a Spectre Mage complaining about mana regen (while wearing mana cuffs).

But I do agree we shouldn't have them. If only because digging and farming for materials for your ammo is practically half the fun. It makes you feel like you're putting some work into your class.

Lower the base damage of the quiver/punch then. I don't see this being any less unfair than the mana flower for mages...

Then what would be the point of wasting 4 stacks of very powerful ammo just to make some subpar ammo? It's simply a bad idea to have more endless ammo supplies, I mean, there's already a potion, and an ammo box buff, and some weapons already have a chance not to consume ammo; it's pointless to make more endless ammo sources.

Honestly I think they should add infinite ammos for ALL TYPES. The only thing I think that requires balance is HOW MUCH ammo it takes to make the infinite version. If you think 4000 of an ammo isn't enough, how about 10,000? Still not enough? 20,000? 50,000? 100,000? (yes I know you can't possible hold 100,000 ammo in your inventory it was an exaggeration to make a point!) What I'm saying is there has to be a point at which you can fairly certainly say, "Yes, I have enough of this ammo that I will most likely never have to craft it again because I will never run out through normal gameplay (and if I do, I have played this game far, far too much...).

So, say you make up 20,000 luminite bullets -- why not be able to craft an infinite pouch of it?

As it is, I expect someone to make a mod to that effect regardless of whether or not it is added to the base game, simply for convenience sake. And yes, I think this should include all rockets, as well as other kinds of ammo (including the weird ammos, like nails).

It uses mana potions, which unlike health potions, they can be used infinitely only relying on how many potions you have.

Carrying around ammo spends LOADS of slots in your inventory so imagine carrying LOADS of different ammo types with a decent amount of stacks. Having a infinite quiver/punch is not ''OP'' or unbalanced it is just extremely confident as if you crafted multiple stacks of ammo, it would last a pretty long time but it would also eat up a lot of inventory space too.

Then, in a case, the devs should AT LEAST rebalance the Phantasm as it was, to be honest, that was mostly the whole point of this thread, since the Pulse Bow is more powerful than the Phantasm, [etc snip]
Hold up. Where is this coming from? I can assure you that this is not the case even slightly.

Anyway, the people who say that it causes imbalance are right. Ammo is a resource. It's part of the nature of the class, having ammo to do the job. The infinite pouch/quiver is a more leisurely item(s) or a backup since it uses the default ammo. No matter how much you up your ammo reservation percentage, you're gonna run out at some point, even with 40 stacks of ammo. 40 stacks is still nothing close to having an infinite amount.

Long time=/=Forever

It would allow people to use the most powerful ammo without any drawback.

The trade off of the infinite ammo types is that it is the cheapest, least powerful ammo. Adding these would unbalance the game severely.
I'd have to disagree. There's no real challenge in restocking, it's just tedious and takes up a lot of time. Tedium shouldn't be a balancing factor. This is the main reason I don't play as the ranger class, it's completely unfun having to keep restocking.

If the player can grind out enough to make nearly 4000 of a certain ammo then I don't think they should have to keep doing it.

The whole concept of the ranger class is based on having limited amounts of ammunition. They already threw you a bone with the endless quiver and musket pouch, now you're just being greedy. Besides, there's not one kind of ammo that is hard to make in large amounts. They even made it so that you can get stacks and stacks of luminite ammo easily. And you have 4 separate slots for ammo. Even if you use one for gel that's still 3000 shots which should last you a while with Vortex Armor, Ammo Box and build-in ammo saving buffs on ranged weapons. Doing a little grinding for ammo is just part of the fun of playing as a ranger, since you know you worked for those bullets/arrows/rockets.

The whole concept of the ranger class is based on having limited amounts of ammunition. They already threw you a bone with the endless quiver and musket pouch, now you're just being greedy. Besides, there's not one kind of ammo that is hard to make in large amounts. They even made it so that you can get stacks and stacks of luminite ammo easily. And you have 4 separate slots for ammo. Even if you use one for gel that's still 3000 shots which should last you a while with Vortex Armor, Ammo Box and build-in ammo saving buffs on ranged weapons. Doing a little grinding for ammo is just part of the fun of playing as a ranger, since you know you worked for those bullets/arrows/rockets.
Meanwhile the warrior and mage classes don't have to grind at all. I can't say I enjoy grinding an hour in the jungle to use up all my ammunition in one Frost Moon, while I could instead use a Terra Blade with no grind required and possibly get even further in the event than my ranged build.

For you to use top tier arrows you have to grind the Moon Lord now and then, but for warriors and mages, they don't have to. It's not fun, and it isn't fair. Rangers have to grind to be at their fullest power meanwhile warriors and mages don't. Why should it be any different for the ranger class? Melee and mages are both ranged types at the endgame, they just don't have to grind for it. Imagine if you had to grind out chlorophyte bars to get 10 swings per bar, it just wouldn't be fun to use.

Back
Top Bottom