Game Mechanics More used melee and movement speed

felis

Terrarian
As we all know, there are 8 modifiers on accessories that increase melee or movement speed, however, both melee and movement speed are not very useful compared to defense or damage boost.

The problem is, for melee speed, it almost only boost the swing type of melee weapons (plus projectile velocity), and as of 1.4 many fast swing weapons, especially Fetid Baghnakhs, are capped of only gets a small amount of melee speed boost, in addition and obviously, it does not give any bonus for other weapon users. So, unless you are using swing type of melee weapon, you won't get any benefit from four modifiers.

Suggestion: change the melee speed to attack speed (modifiers) and it decreases the use time of all weapons (ranged minions also attack faster) and increase the velocity of all projectiles. Also, related ones: Change the Feral Claw and Shadow Armor's effect to attack speed so they can also act as general equipment. (Other obviously melee armors/accessories could keep just melee speed bonus). Also, some already fast weapons, like Megashark, could have a cap for this bonus.

For the movement speed, it does not increase the sprinting speed of boots and horizontal speed of wings. Which make it almost only useful in very early game (or unless you are using asphalt).

Suggesting: it increase the maxium speed and acceleration of wings, boots and mounts, it could also increase the ascending speed of wings and mounts.

For the movement speed, it does not increase the sprinting speed of boots and horizontal speed of wings. Which make it almost only useful in very early game (or unless you are using asphalt).
I'm not sure of the specifics, but there were changes in 1.4 to remove or increase the movement speed limitations. That should have given the movement speed modifiers more use. I may be wrong - I haven't tried it.

Suggestion: change the melee speed to attack speed (modifiers) and it decreases the use time of all weapons (ranged minions also attack faster) and increase the velocity of all projectiles.
Agreed, it's a little unfair that melee gets its own accessory modifier. There'd be some specifics to work out with other weapons - some ranged weapons are already very fast, some magic weapons have instant use time, and so on. I'm sure there'd be a way to a balance it for all classes though.

I'm not sure of the specifics, but there were changes in 1.4 to remove or increase the movement speed limitations. That should have given the movement speed modifiers more use. I may be wrong - I haven't tried it.
Through some of my tests, the movement speed boosts the max horizontal movement speed of Flying Carpet and The asphalt running speed (the latter can get very fast with good movement speed boost), but it does not seem to boost boots' and wings' max speed.
Agreed, it's a little unfair that melee gets its own accessory modifier. There'd be some specifics to work out with other weapons - some ranged weapons are already very fast, some magic weapons have instant use time, and so on. I'm sure there'd be a way to a balance it for all classes though.
They could just use a cap for the boost, just like what they do to Fetid Baghnakhs and Psycho Knife.

Back
Top Bottom