Weapons & Equip More Uses for Spell Tomes

Scarecrow

Lunatic Cultist
Hello everyone, you might be familiar with my "More Uses for Illegal Gun Parts" suggestion. Well this is basically the same idea, but with spell tomes instead.
Kinda like Illegal Gun Parts, Spell Tomes become long forgotten, despite being available to buy all the time.

"So what will this suggestion add exactly?" you may ask. Well, my idea is to make one spell book weapon for every major biome in the game, aside from the three that already exist.
So without further ado, here's the list of weapons​

Ice Beam

Ice Beam.png

damage: 31
knockback: 0
12 mana usage
use time: 18
"Freeze your foes in solid ice"
crafted with: 1 spell tome, and 1 Frost Core

This book has the properties of the laser weapons, but lacks penetration and has no knockback. However it comes with the ability to freeze your enemy
(20% chance for 1 second, 10% chance for 2 seconds, 5% chance for 3 seconds)

Hellstorm
Hellstorm2.png

damage: 34
knockback: 6
5 mana usage
use time: 7
"summons rapid fire hellstone shards"
crafted with: 1 spell tome, and 10 living fire

This weapon can be potentially devastating to both you and your enemy. It is essentially a crystal storm that shoots hellfire arrows that bounce.
This weapon is ideal for clearing out small rooms, but has high potential to hurt you as well.
the projectiles will explode after they lose velocity, or come in contact with an enemy.

Beetle Swarm

Beetle Swarm.png

damage: 42
knockback: 0
mana usage: 15
use time: 19
"casts a flesh eating beetle"
crafted with 1 spell tome and 8 beetle husks

This book is a predecessor to the Razorblade Typhoon. At first glance it will act as a direct upgrade to the water bolt, projectiles firing in a straight line and bouncing off walls.
However, once it hits an enemy, it will stick to that enemy and become intangible to blocks until it disappears, dealing continuous damage. the projectiles dissolve after 7 seconds when fired.​

Sword Waltz
Sword Waltz.png

damage: 60
knockback: 3
mana cost: 4
use time: null
"surrounds you in a ring of swords"
crafted with 1 spell tome and 10 ectoplasm
Swordwaltz projectile.png
(projectile)
by far the most unique spell, this one when the attack button is held, will surround you in a ring of orbiting swords made of ghostly blue flames.
because it requires the mage to be within melee range essentially, it comes with an insane hit rate. the swords themselves do not stop projectiles, and will only penetrate up to 5 enemies at a time

and with that I am done. so tell me what you guys think.

Last edited:
...I didn't imply that at all!

all I said was that hell lacks any good materials to use for a spell book at the point in the game there can be a spell book there.

I know, it was a joke. Also, I made 3 different threads about more uses for spell tomes.

I really like these ideas especially the blade waltz one. Maybe the hell book could be a kind of grapple called the tongue that pulls your enemy towards you and damages them while doing so. The crafting recipe should use the guide voodoo doll. watcha think? :D

I really like these ideas especially the blade waltz one. Maybe the hell book could be a kind of grapple called the tongue that pulls your enemy towards you and damages them while doing so. The crafting recipe should use the guide voodoo doll. watcha think? :D

*2nd Best Idea 2014

*(Behind all my ideas)

the problem with that is that it's the wrong point in the game.
I'm aiming for hardomde hell tier, same time the red devils start spawning.

I think a good spell for the underworld would be some thing that involves fire feathers maybe? Maybe something like it casts mini phoenixes? The birds could cluster around the mouse like the magic missile. If you let go of M1 button they would all fly out in different directions randomly. They would not be able to home in on enemies, but they would be able to bounce off of walls.

I think a good spell for the underworld would be some thing that involves fire feathers maybe? Maybe something like it casts mini phoenixes? The birds could cluster around the mouse like the magic missile. If you let go of M1 button they would all fly out in different directions randomly. They would not be able to home in on enemies, but they would be able to bounce off of walls.
Are fire feathers or living fire blocks more common?
Also, did he really just completely ignore the sprites we made and made his/her own?

Also, did he really just completely ignore the sprites we made and made his/her own?

I didn't ignore them, I just simply suggested an idea. Also, I think fire feathers are less common.

why am I suddenly expected to use the sprites I didn't ask for that are randomly shoved in my face?

Back
Top Bottom