tModLoader MoreAccessories+ v2.0

VVV101

Duke Fishron
This mod adds item (Heart of Nature), which gives one more accessory slot on usage (stacks with Demon Heart). Drops from Plantera with 10% chance (or from her Treasure Bag on expert with the same chance). Also allows extra accessories slots to work in normal worlds.

MoreAccessories.png

I updated MoreAcessories+ for tModLoader 0.9.0.2. In this Modloader version old version 1.3 had some unholy bug - it blocks money loot from enemies.
P.S: I can't ask permission of original author of mod (Eldrazi) cuz he was last seen on this forum in May 2016.
P.P.S: Eldrazi said it is ok, so now I have permission.
Discord: Join the AlchemistNPC Discord Discord Server!

Changelog:
v2.3 - Updated to tModLoader 0.10.1.5.
- Increased drop chance on Expert Mode to 20%.
- Changed rarity of item.
v2.2 - Upgraded to tModLoader 0.10.4. Just recompiled. No changes.
v2.1:
- Updated to tModLoader 0.10.1.
- New sprite byLogodum
- Added icon for mod.
v2.0 - Upgraded to tModLoader 0.10.
v1.8 - Using HoN in normal mode gives 2 accessories.
v1.7 - New sprite for Heart of Nature.
v1.6 - Updated multiplayer part of mod (requested by dtim with straight code).
v1.5 - Separated looting rules for HoN in normal & expert mode (thx Cheezegami for the straight code).
v1.4 - Fixed no money looting bug.
HeartOfNature.png
Old
index.php
New
Direct download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6fe0k4mn34jmhik/MoreAccessories v2.3.zip
Pre 0.10 DL link (v1.8): MoreAccessories+ v1.8.zip

Last edited:
This mod is awesome, thanks!!! Hey, do you think you can make this mod add even more accessories slots like maybe 4 or 5 extra slots. Maybe you can get extra accessory slots by killing a certain boss, buying from npcs, or even doing a quest. I remember this tAPI mod that allowed for more accessories.... i think it was called.... Shockah's Tweaks or somthing like that.... anyway, im hoping you can make a mod that adds more accessories to tModloader. That would be greatly appreciated!! :happy:

This mod is awesome, thanks!!! Hey, do you think you can make this mod add even more accessories slots like maybe 4 or 5 extra slots. Maybe you can get extra accessory slots by killing a certain boss, buying from npcs, or even doing a quest. I remember this tAPI mod that allowed for more accessories.... i think it was called.... Shockah's Tweaks or somthing like that.... anyway, im hoping you can make a mod that adds more accessories to tModloader. That would be greatly appreciated!! :happy:

I remember from reading the thread for the 1.3 version that it seemed to be very difficult to add more than 1 or 2 extra slots above the vanilla max. Part of it had to do with UI limitations, which I imagine would be a significant hurdle to overcome.

If VVV101 is up for it, I wouldn't mind at least 1 more slot myself (8 is around the perfect number for me). Even just the one extra slot was insanely helpful, as it allowed me to comfortably wear boots in my last playthrough.

I remember from reading the thread for the 1.3 version that it seemed to be very difficult to add more than 1 or 2 extra slots above the vanilla max. Part of it had to do with UI limitations, which I imagine would be a significant hurdle to overcome.

If VVV101 is up for it, I wouldn't mind at least 1 more slot myself (8 is around the perfect number for me). Even just the one extra slot was insanely helpful, as it allowed me to comfortably wear boots in my last playthrough.

I can try... But there was at least 1 problem for me - on my laptop i can see 7th accesory slot only while I disable map. I dunno what will be if I add 8th.
Edit: Well, I tried. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but when I try to add 3rd extra slot, game just bugging (3rd slot doesn't appear and game freezes(but I still can go to Options and exit the world)). After reloading the world, slots reset to 5 again.

P.S: What do you think about old AlchemistNPC mod? It adds NPC which trading potions.
I repaired it and made some "custom" sprite using Travelling Merchant as base. This NPC doesn't have any attack, but all other animations are working. But I can't find name of the original author.
Preview screens:
alchemist.png
alchemist's hardmode shop.png

This is Harmode variant of the shop. Before Hardmode he doesn't sell potions from Greater Healing to Teleportation. Empty Seed Bag is from Thorium Mod(if it is enabled).

Last edited:
I can try... But there was at least 1 problem for me - on my laptop i can see 7th accesory slot only while I disable map. I dunno what will be if I add 8th.
Edit: Well, I tried. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but when I try to add 3rd extra slot, game just bugging (3rd slot doesn't appear and game freezes(but I still can go to Options and exit the world)). After reloading the world, slots reset to 5 again.

P.S: What do you think about old AlchemistNPC mod? It adds NPC which trading potions.
I repaired it and made some "custom" sprite using Travelling Merchant as base. This NPC doesn't have any attack, but all other animations are working. But I can't find name of the original author.
Preview screens:
View attachment 151969 View attachment 151970
This is Harmode variant of the shop. Before Hardmode he doesn't sell potions from Greater Healing to Teleportation. Empty Seed Bag is from Thorium Mod(if it is enabled).

Yeah that's the problem with adding extra slots.. the UI. I play on 1680x1050 resolution and the 7th slot just barely fits.

I did hear about a problem with the 1.3 version where the author had lots of difficulties adding extra slots because of the coding of the extra slot in the vanilla game. I will link the thread here and see if you can come up with any ideas for how to solve it: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/mod-for-more-accessories-in-1-3.37475/

If I got my hands on the code and figured out how to mod a bit, maybe I could see if I could do something about it myself.

As far as that Alchemist NPC, I've never played with it before but it seems extremely useful! However, I typically try not to do anything that makes it so I don't have to play the game as much.. in this case, fishing and farming plants. Same reason why I don't really care much for AFK farms in general.

But if you can find a way to port it over I'm sure that many people would appreciate it! :)

EDIT: To be clear about the accessory problem the previous author ran into, he found that the game cannot handle more than 2 *extra* accessory slots on top of the 5 from vanilla. Although I've heard of a tAPI mod that supports as many as 15 extra slots, so clearly there must be a way to do it.

Yeah that's the problem with adding extra slots.. the UI. I play on 1680x1050 resolution and the 7th slot just barely fits.

I did hear about a problem with the 1.3 version where the author had lots of difficulties adding extra slots because of the coding of the extra slot in the vanilla game. I will link the thread here and see if you can come up with any ideas for how to solve it: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/mod-for-more-accessories-in-1-3.37475/

If I got my hands on the code and figured out how to mod a bit, maybe I could see if I could do something about it myself.

As far as that Alchemist NPC, I've never played with it before but it seems extremely useful! However, I typically try not to do anything that makes it so I don't have to play the game as much.. in this case, fishing and farming plants. Same reason why I don't really care much for AFK farms in general.

But if you can find a way to port it over I'm sure that many people would appreciate it! :)

EDIT: To be clear about the accessory problem the previous author ran into, he found that the game cannot handle more than 2 *extra* accessory slots on top of the 5 from vanilla. Although I've heard of a tAPI mod that supports as many as 15 extra slots, so clearly there must be a way to do it.
Well, about AlchemistNPC mod. I already ported it and it's works perfectly. Spawn condition is holding Water Bottle in the inventory. I can add some other potions such as Fishing, Crate, Sonar... Mod is absolutely ready... Just need to upload and publish it. What about the sprite?
About MoreAccesories code... I can say that it is wasn't blocked from tModReader... But save and load states in v1.3 was broken in 0.9.0.2. I was needed to repair it. And I did. New version v1.4 also has open code so you can use tModReader and look for code by yourself.
I can try to figure out the problem, but that surely will not be fast.

OK just looking at the code it seems very simple to add yet another accessory slot. Can you paste to me the error that you get when you try to set accessorySlots = 3? I cannot test right now as I do not have access to a character that far in the game.

OK just looking at the code it seems very simple to add yet another accessory slot. Can you paste to me the error that you get when you try to set accessorySlots = 3? I cannot test right now as I do not have access to a character that far in the game.
It doesn't get me any error. Game just freezes but not crash and you still can go options and exit from the world.
Just install Cheat Sheet and make a new character. Create Expert World and give Demon Heart and Heart of Nature to your character.

It doesn't get me any error. Game just freezes but not crash and you still can go options and exit from the world.
Just install Cheat Sheet and make a new character. Create Expert World and give Demon Heart and Heart of Nature to your character.

Well I tried it a different way. I did this:

public override void ResetEffects()
{

player.extraAccessorySlots = 3;
}

I rebuild the mod with this code and I don't get any errors, but when I start the game I do not see any extra slots. My understanding is that this code should just always give you 3 slots. Am I misunderstanding?

Well I tried it a different way. I did this:

public override void ResetEffects()
{

player.extraAccessorySlots = 3;
}

I rebuild the mod with this code and I don't get any errors, but when I start the game I do not see any extra slots. My understanding is that this code should just always give you 3 slots. Am I misunderstanding?
I guess, that ResetEffects just gives you extra slots while you return to the game. Other options relying to effects of Demon Heart and Heart of Nature (giving extra slots firstly). Just try to set them.

I guess, that ResetEffects just gives you extra slots while you return to the game. Other options relying to effects of Demon Heart and Heart of Nature (giving extra slots firstly). Just try to set them.

When exactly does ResetEffects() trigger? I just want the code to run to see if the extra accessory slots work, and if not, to see if I can find an error.

When exactly does ResetEffects() trigger? I just want the code to run to see if the extra accessory slots work, and if not, to see if I can find an error.
Reseting slots works at usage of items (DH(leftclick at hands) and HON(rightclick)) I think. I am not sure where the actual changes save... But I think that in a player file.

Reseting slots works at usage of items (DH(leftclick at hands) and HON(rightclick)) I think. I am not sure where the actual changes save... But I think that in a player file.

Hmm I must be doing something wrong. So I used tModReader to get the mod source files, then I moved that folder into "Mod Sources" folder in the ModLoader folder. I then open Terraria, select "Build + Reload" in the "Mod Sources" section for "MoreAccessories". It seems to do something because if I delete the mod and rebuild it, it adds it to my mod list. However, when I use the Heart of Nature after using the Demon Heart, it still only adds 1 more accessory slot. It seems when I rebuild the mod, the changes to the cs file don't work.

Hmm I must be doing something wrong. So I used tModReader to get the mod source files, then I moved that folder into "Mod Sources" folder in the ModLoader folder. I then open Terraria, select "Build + Reload" in the "Mod Sources" section for "MoreAccessories". It seems to do something because if I delete the mod and rebuild it, it adds it to my mod list. However, when I use the Heart of Nature after using the Demon Heart, it still only adds 1 more accessory slot. It seems when I rebuild the mod, the changes to the cs file don't work.
You should use Rebuild and Reload... And you don't have to delete mod manually every time. It should be replaced normally.

You should use Rebuild and Reload... And you don't have to delete mod manually every time. It should be replaced normally.

Right that's what I am pressing.

I am definitely doing something wrong though. When I use tModReader to check the contents of the rebuilt mod, the .cs files are all missing. Something is getting screwed up somewhere.

EDIT: I found the problem! Apparently if you're missing "build.txt", everything *appears* to run normally, but it definitely fails hard. I will make a note of this to the tModLoader developer.

Try to use applications (Terraria and tModReader) as Admin. Maybe this could be the problem... Or set structure of mod like this:
mod.PNG
Also... what program are you using? I use Notepad++.

Try to use applications (Terraria and tModReader) as Admin. Maybe this could be the problem... Or set structure of mod like this:
Also... what program are you using? I use Notepad++.

I found the problem, thanks!

So what I've noticed is that with 3 accessory slots, the character image on the character list screen is blank and I cannot even open the character to select a world. There is no obvious error log, but I will dig around. This seems to be a limitation of the game's code in handling more than 2 extra accessory slots.

It kind of makes me wonder if at one point, the Terraria devs wanted to implement 2 extra slots but decided against it. Otherwise, it would seem really bizarre for the game to fail like this with more than 2 extra slots.

EDIT: So what appears to happen is that upon activating a 3rd extra accessory slot, the player is completely removed from all physics calculations and stops responding to all input. Unfortunately without being able to run console outputs within the main game, it would probably be extremely difficult to pinpoint exactly what is causing this.

The game *attempts* to add a 3rd accessory slot (this can be seen by the "defense" statistic moving to the next row in the accessory list), but something causes it to glitch out.

Last edited:
I found the problem, thanks!

So what I've noticed is that with 3 accessory slots, the character image on the character list screen is blank and I cannot even open the character to select a world. There is no obvious error log, but I will dig around. This seems to be a limitation of the game's code in handling more than 2 extra accessory slots.

It kind of makes me wonder if at one point, the Terraria devs wanted to implement 2 extra slots but decided against it. Otherwise, it would seem really bizarre for the game to fail like this with more than 2 extra slots.

EDIT: So what appears to happen is that upon activating a 3rd extra accessory slot, the player is completely removed from all physics calculations and stops responding to all input. Unfortunately without being able to run console outputs within the main game, it would probably be extremely difficult to pinpoint exactly what is causing this.
Yea.. I hit the wall with the same thing... Well, good luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom