Weapons & Equip Morphing

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe, with a few changes(please tell me)

Results are only viewable after voting.

thecoolkni

Terrarian
I'm going to jump straight into this big suggestion. I'm working on some sprites, they should be ready in question couple of days.

So, morphs allow the player to become an enemy. Yes, you heard me correctly. Here's how it works:
Morph Items can change the player into an enemy from the game when used.
The items are dropped from their respective enemy with a 1/1000(1/400 expert mode) chance.
The player gains the sprite, and abilities from the mob they are.
Morphs have a certain amount of HP. Once your morph dies, you die.
You can't use any weapons or items when morphed(exception being the Lizahrd morph), but armor and accessories still have their effects.
If you want to un-morph, right click the buff you have when morphed.

Now on to the good part, the morphs. When morphed, players can do contact damage like normal enemies, hurting both of you in the process. To be able to deal damage without taking damage, I've giving each Melee Morphs a short-ranged melee attack, and each Ranged Morphs a ranged attack.

Melee Morphs:
Undead Virus Syringe:
Turns the user into a Zombie with a Zombie Arm.
Health: 200
Normal Contact Damage: 10
Zombie Arm Damage: 15

Eater Flesh:
Turns the user into an Eater of Souls, who can pinch with its pinchers.
Health: 300
Normal Contact Damage: 20
Pincher Damage: 25
Note: You can fly, but only up to 10 blocks off the ground, the game won't let you go any higher. If you reach a sudden drop in height, such as a pit or a chasm, then you will start falling until you are an acceptable height of blocks off the ground. This rule applies to all flying morphs unless stated otherwise.

Blood Sack:
Turns the user into a Blood Crawler with a bite attack.
Health: 350
Normal Contact Damage: 25
Bite Damage: 30
Note: Can climb back walls.

Mutation Mixture:
Turns the user into Mothron with a left-click dash attack, and a right-click action to lay Mothron Eggs.
Health: 9000
Normal Contact Damage: 50
Dash Damage: 75
Baby Mothron Damage: 50
Notes: Can fly up to 25 blocks above the ground. The Baby Mothons are A.I. controlled, like minions.

Tattered Robe:
Turns the user into a Lizahrd with a punch attack.
Health: 1500

Normal Contact Damage: 80
Punch Damage: 110
2nd Form Contact Damage: 100
2nd Form Punch Damage: 150
Notes: Can jump 15 blocks high. Second form is activated when the Lizahrd reaches half HP(750/1500). Can use items.
During second form mode, movement speed and damage are increased.

Solar Core:
Turns the user into a Selenian with a blade attack.
Health: 3000
Normal Contact Damage: 200
Blade Damage: 300
Notes: Can jump 30 blocks high. Jumping puts the Selenian into a somersault mode that reflects projectiles.

Ranged Morphs:
Ash-Covered Wing:
Turns the user into a Hellbat with a fireball attack.
Health: 400
Normal Contact Damage: 30
Fireball Damage: 35
Note: Can fly 12 blocks off the ground.

Holy Slime:
Turns the user into a Gastropod with a laser attack.
Health: 500
Normal Contact Damage: 40
Laser Damage: 50
Note: Can fly 15 blocks off the ground.

Vortex Core: Turns the user into a Alien Queen with a left-click explosive cell attack and a right-click action to make Alien Larva, which can turn into Alien Hornets

Normal Contact Damage: 150
Explosive Cell Damage: 250
Alien Larva Damage: 50
Alien Hornet Damage: 100
Notes: Unlimited Flying. Alien Larva and Hornets are A.I. controlled, like minions. Alien Hornets don't turn into more Alien Queens.

Nebula Core:
Turns the user into a Nebula Floater with a left-click laser attack and a right-click action to teleport.
Laser Damage: 200
Note: Unlimited Flying.

Stardust Core:
Turns the user into a Flow Invader with a Mini Invader attack.
Mini Invader Damage: 250
Note: Unlimited Flying.

Extra Notes:
Un-morphing gives the player a 'Stabilized Molecules' debuff for 5 minutes that doesn't allow them to morph again during the time the debuff is active

The percentage of health the player has when they un-morph is equal to the percentage of health the morph had right before they un-morphed.

To compensate for the high health of the morphs, the invincibility period when taking damage is very, very small.

Well, that's the suggestion. It's a lot, but thank you for reading. If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them below.

Last edited:
I think they should instead be obtained through some other method and that the Lihzahrd morph should be able to use items like a normal player would. Other than that, support. I'm tired of just using Neptune's shell and Moon charm.

I think they should instead be obtained through some other method and that the Lihzahrd morph should be able to use items like a normal player would. Other than that, support. I'm tired of just using Neptune's shell and Moon charm.
I'll think I'll use the Lizahrd using items idea. Do you think crafting is a good idea for the morphs being obtained differently?

Maybe instead of being a replica maybe they could be a bit different? That way if you fight the enemy you dont get lost. like the moon stone and werewolf enemy.

The mothron is pretty OP. Also, the drop rates are pretty unbalanced for the rarer enemies, like the mothron or queen.

Okay, so, later today I might make a minor overhaul to the suggestion, to make it a bit better.
The mothron is pretty OP. Also, the drop rates are pretty unbalanced for the rarer enemies, like the mothron or queen.
I thought the very same thing about the mothron. That's why I didn't increase it's drop rate.

i like this but 1/1000 drop chance is a bit too big
:). The high drop chance is because the morphs are meant to be a fair bit stronger then the player would be at the time of obtaining the morph, which means they should be rare. Especially the Mothron morph.

Great idea and someone had to do it but I feel that stocking up items may become an annoyance so maybe you can bind it to a key and give it a slot with the grappling hook and mounts that would make it easier to use. Or you could make it go into the mount slot even.

I’ve seen people try again and again to actually balance out this idea properly, but you sir have done it. I love it! Support from me!

8610B921-1688-4F9C-9B19-658F17B4F290.gif

Back
Top Bottom