NPCs & Enemies Moss Hornets Should Be Nerfed

.T

Terrarian
Moss Hornets should bee (pun intended) nerfed. In mastermode, I can get 2-shotted as a ranged class. Even with some of the best gear in this stage of the game. I've already built out a Plantera arena and I have to travel all the way back to it every time I get killed by one of those moss bees! I'd say I have gotten killed about over 2000 times, mainly on console (that is what i played back in the days). Now that this new MASTER mode came out, yall yonders made them do sooooo much damage I'm losin' my mind over yall!

Moss Hornets should bee (pun intended) nerfed. In mastermode, I can get 2-shotted as a ranged class. Even with some of the best gear in this stage of the game. I've already built out a Plantera arena and I have to travel all the way back to it every time I get killed by one of those moss bees! I'd say I have gotten killed about over 2000 times, mainly on console (that is what i played back in the days). Now that this new MASTER mode came out, yall yonders made them do sooooo much damage I'm losin' my mind over yall!
Apparently these enemies are very dangerous to balance the fact that the jungle has the treasures it has, the situation of making the arena of the boss plantera (the famous one, which is a big square hole), is better if you attack these enemies with a homing weapon like these for example: flairon (melee), razorblade typhoon (magic), almost any minion (summon), chlorophyte bullets (ranged), I mean the situation of these enemies attacking you while they are off-screen, but you must be dodging too.

Last edited:
Moss Hornets have always been a pest. Even in Expert mode I found them to have too much HP. I highly doubt this will change as it seems tripling everything in Master Mode was the design, despite the fact the some regular monsters now have near Boss level health.

You could build a bed near your Plantera arena so when she is summoned you could recall back to your save point. There is a limit to how far away you can travel so this may not work depending on where you break the bulb. You can also try making a bulb farm. Make a bunch of single row jungle grass platforms near your arena.

Peace candles and Calm potion may help as well in keeping the hornet spawn low.

What is you defense btw?

Additionally placing some protected npcs nearby can also greatly reduce the number of enemies, but in some cases this may not be very practical.

Very much this. IMO, there's a reason you can produce peace candles and calming potions pretty much right away, while water candles and to a lesser extent, battle potions have to wait a bit until you can survive some of the tougher critters. Particularly if you are doing a full run on master rather than speedrun style, reducing the spawn rate can be very important.

The only issue I have with them is that their stingers are hard to see sometimes, but they're only really annoying when I'm not paying attention and they snipe me from a distance.

Back
Top Bottom