Mossy House

ManaUser

Brain of Cthulhu
Simple concept, but I don't think I've seen any pics of this done before:

MossyHouse.png

What we have here is a a house with double walls, the inner layer is gray brick, the outer layer is natural stone finished off with a coating of moss from the Staff of Regrowth. They blend together reasonably well and I'm overall pleased with the effect.

Last edited:
Hmm, mudstone, can't say I've ever done much with that. I could definitely see some more wood in there though. I really just wanted something with good contrast and didn't think about it too hard. I actually a agree the marble doesn't feel entirely appropriate. But the main point, of course is the moss. I'm gonna have to experiment with it more some time. Maybe I'll try using it for something spooky next time, should work well for that too.

And speaking of spooky... a bit of trivia, that gravestone ended up there "naturally", but since it was mossy like the house, I just left it. :)

I like that effect with the double walls and moss trim, very nice. I especially love the garden of strange plants with the fence.

Thanks. Incidentally, the sign you see there says "Please do not pick plants." (It's there for practical reasons as this was built in multiplayer, but it doesn't look bad either.)

Back
Top Bottom