Most Annoying Enemies In Terraria w/Poll

Most Annoying Enemies

• Total voters
I'm a bit surprised no one said Medusa. Once she froze me while I was in a moving minecart and I almost died due to fall damage.

I have 3: But one of them isn't listed.
Spoilers Eddition! Spoilers in Spoilers!
Cursed Weapons! These are the BANE of my existence. For example: Terra Blade? It's broken, DEAL WITH IT. Also, HOW DO AXES GET THE ZEALOUS EFFECT? Has anyone got a legendary axe before?
Armored Skeletons! Two Words: Armor Breakdown.
Fire Imps/Diablolist: I haven't dealt with the Diablolist yet, but I feel as he's the same has Fire Imps, Teleporting, Fire Balls, And the fireballs pass through walls!
By cursed weapons it means the flying magic weapons in the corruption/crimson and in the hollow, NOT weapons that you get bad modifiers for.

I'm amazed how Bats are not mentioned here

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who goes mining, then ropes down near a pool of lava. No Cobalt Shield. Then suddenly, a Bat came out of nowhere and knock you into the pool.

Gg, bats. Now I'm wearing Obsidian Shield. Suck on that, Bats.

Also, Wyvern. They're scary as hell when you go sky lake fishing during the early stage of Hardmode. After beating up a ton of harpies, it rolls down at you with a health bar half of the Wall of Flesh, and KO's you.

Gg, Wyvern. Now I'm slaughtering their kind for revenge.

Eye of Cthulhu in expert, very fast and noisy.

And i don't get, why guide is here in the poll. He is not an enemy.

Even though they aint listed and are my favourite hostile due to the vanity, the Hoplite! Expert mode they ruin you throughout the game, even dealing incredible amounts of damage in hardmode expert!

Even though they aint listed and are my favourite hostile due to the vanity, the Hoplite! Expert mode they ruin you throughout the game, even dealing incredible amounts of damage in hardmode expert!

Normal Mode ain't much different. They deal 45-50 damage to start with, and even if you're wearing Adamantite, they still pop you for 20+ damage a pop while most other stuff is doing <10.

They have damage outputs that rival some mid-to-late hardmode enemies.

I've always maintained the opinion that they are entirely overpowered for when you find them. In fact, I'm thinking that it should have been THEM that got the nerf bat instead of Medusae. I've died to far, far more Hoplites than I ever did Medusae. For every time a Medusa stoned me and caused me to die, there's 10+ times I got skewered by those stupid javelins as they love spawning in places where you can't get away from the stupid things in early-game.

I chose Diabolist, Fungi Bulb, and Skeleton Sniper. But I'd also include the hornets in the jungle biome (since they can shoot a stinger at you), and the flying granite (whatever) since they can phase through solid objects.... which means you have to avoid being near any granite biomes... Or just be on your guard when all you're trying to do is get a momentary reprieve.

You can avoid Granite Elementals. Once they come out of their incorporeal phase, they are bound by normal rules and will remain that way until they are killed or despawned. So, if you see a granite elemental heading for you, once it has seen you and has decided to start attacking you, quickly throw some blocks between you and it if you can and you'll be safe. It also helps if you have a ranged weapon; hitting it will also trigger its 'normal rules' phase. This is rather useful early-game when you're in tight passageways and see one coming from afar, throw a boomerang or knives or shuriken at it then switch to your blocks and throw enough up that it can't fit through the gap. You could then also cheese it further by throwing projectiles through the gap, lol.

Demon Eyes, specially early on. The thing is, I spend more time building than anything else, even at night time. When mining, Giant Worms (any enemies like those, really) and Bats are the other two.

It's just that these are the enemies that tend to distract me from what I'm trying to do at that moment, nothing else.

Let's see...

Harpies, those things are the bane of any player just minding their own business on Floating Islands or just on a high tower of platforms. They will distract you by throwing feathers in your face and giving you a nice and painful hug.

Necromancers, these bastard will only show up at Dungeon areas with Tiles, but can be a total pain in some places when trying to farm for loot. They will shoots sparky Shadowbeam lightning that will slow you and will just teleport to another location when hit by ANYTHING, complety messing up your attack pattern and increasing the difficulty to take them down.

Giant Tortoises, if there's one thing I hate in games, it is one shot or two shot damage being inflicted on me. And the problem is that you won't see them coming when they squash you, already lowering half of your health even with Adamantite or Titanium armour.

Giant Tortoises

Diabolist

Necromancer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They aren't too annoying compared to the modded enemies that I deal with whenever I do a modded playthrough but still... I wanted to keep this vanilla.

Don't u just get annoyed by flying tools while your trying to farm for souls. O my gosh they're the worst

meteor heads, as they really just get in the way if you're trying to mine meteorite, gastropods are just generally annoying to deal with even if they're very easy, and enemies like the reaper and wraith always kill my NPCs if i'm not paying attention to them.

Worst one is not in the poll : wyvern. I can't approach space without being swarmed by one, and I can't just ignore them because they go through everything and always do too much damage. Got so many useless stacks of souls of flight because of them...

Also surprised this one is not in the poll : the moss hornet. It fires stings at you from nowhere (even far off screen), does a lot of damage, poisons you and swarms. You can't just ignore it. And who installed machine guns on those mobs ? Ice queens shoot icicles downwards just a bit faster than those.

Everything chasing you though walls is very annoying, especially worms.

Worst one is not in the poll : wyvern. I can't approach space without being swarmed by one, and I can't just ignore them because they go through everything and always do too much damage.

I think they're quite fine, sometimes need a couple of minutes for them to spawn when I'm farming. They can quite easily be evaded by just flying in circles. Also, try using piercing weapons since they have multiple segments.

Back
Top Bottom