Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plantera?

• Moth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll agree on that too.

What makes Moss Hornets worse than Jungle Tortoises is the fact that they have stingers that are hard to see unless you've got a keen eye, and hard to dodge unless you have a fast reaction. Even worse, their stingers have a 33% chance to poison you for 10 seconds, which is not fun at all. At least Jungle Tortoises don't require having a good vision or attention to detail to dodge.

Yeah heh minor thread res. I gots opinions.
100% Moss Hornets. Hornets in general suck because they have no range limit for line-of-sight and, practically, for their stingers. I feel like stinger shots should be affected by gravity, limiting the range at which they can make you miserable.

However, the Celebration and Everything seeds introduce a new contender: the Jungle Mimic.

This obstruction-phasing Biome Mimic spawns often, and, while it's not harder to kill than the other Biome Mimics, it spawns in an area that contains an already-troublesome Hardmode boss: Plantera. I've ended up fighting Plantera AND a Jungle Mimic often. And yes, that's with Peace Candles and Calming Potions in use. Throw in Plantera's new ability to generate fields of brambles with her hooks, it's a huge mess.

To add insult to injury, it also has a unique attack called the "Stuff Cannon", where it spews a random mix of "dropped"-status BLOCKS from all throughout the game at you. The wiki says 10 items, but my experience is more like 20-30 or so. This drives me crazy because we're talking like "one block of hive, two ebonwood, one coal, one crimstone..." etc etc etc for dozens of blocks. If it gets off a Stuff Cannon shot, this pain in the backside monster WILL fill up your inventory with garbage. If your Void Bag is open, it'll fill that up, too!

Definitely Moss Hornets. If they've got line of sight to you, they'll fire stingers rapidly. If you're in a tunnel or can't dodge, you're in for a world of hurt.

F the tortoises, those things are annoying as a ranger, combine that with everything else, and they are my least favorite thing to encounter in the underground jungle

Moss hornets are 100% the worst for me. Their stingers are IMPOSSIBLE to see while I'm focused on other things.

Whatever the spiders are called again.
I lost count of how many times I've nearly died to those things.

Back
Top Bottom