Most Overrated or Underrated Youtubers

stormconure

Duke Fishron
What youtubers do you like that nobody ever talks about?

Or, conversely, what youtubers does everyone talk about that you utterly despise?

Last edited:
Overrated: Markiplier (he's a very nice guy, though, and I can tell he cares for his subscribers), A lot of Minecraft YouTubers (namely DanTDM, SkyDoesMinecraft, and PopularMMOS) and Killer Keemstar.

Underrated: Caddicarus (awesome video game (and movie) reviewer; specializes in crappy PS1 games), Really Freakin' Clever (another video game guy, most noticeable for two of his series: Really Freakin' Clever and __ Things Wrong With).

Overrated: LeafyIsHere (I mean, even his clones make better content then he does)

Underated: DAGames (This guy, makes music, highly edited let's plays, skits, animations, music videos, and live streams. That's like what, 18 toys in one.)

Last edited:
Overrated: Watchmojo. I hate these people. I don't know why. I think that it's because they are essentially the epitome of people who think their opinions are pure fact, and nobody else can have any other say without it being wrong. Donkey Kong is NOT one of the best Mario games, and Smog is NOT a better dragon than toothless. Also, if anything from Dragon Ball Z can qualify to be on any of their lists, it's pretty much guaranteed to be one of the top three spots.

Oh crap, I'm becoming one of them!

Underrated: Ris Grestar. This guy is perhaps the nicest person in the entire world. Most people only know him for his Death Battle reactions, but he's also one of the only people online who can make a Let's Play of FNaF interesting. It's weird how much he generally cares about each and every one of his subscribers, and wants his whole channel to be a place where anyone can go and just have a good time.

Murph Dat Gaming. A gaming channel featuring people who are actually entertaining and put quite a bit of effort into their videos. Next to Dazz Let's Plays, they're probably my favorite Let's Play channel.

Overrated: Pretty much all video game channels, it is almost all anyone talks about. Case in point, most every post on the forum's various youtube threads.

Underrated:
Good Bad Flicks (65k subs): Does breakdowns and reviews of films, mostly older and with a focus on horror and b-movies, as well as analysis of film related topics, for example "WTF Happen to PG-13?".
Stoned Gremlin Productions (52k subs): Home of the Cinema Snob. I love his Snob character's reviews of old weird movies and the Midnight Screenings generally give a good overview of new movies, except for comedies which so many critics seem to have a problem not crapping all over these days.
The Dom (12k subs): This channel is criminally underrated. Specifically, the Lost in Adaptation series which comprises most of the content. The series compares books to their movie versions, discussing what was changed, not changed, and ignored completely. I can't recommend it enough, this dude deserves more subscribers.
Cyborcat (8k subs): She does some video game playthroughs, which I haven't ever watched so I can't say if they are good or not, but her Film Den series is excellent and gives entertaining reviews/commentary on various movies, my favorites being her breakdowns of the Hellraiser movies.

Overrated: Pedguin sorry if you're reading this but it's just my opinion. He's been doing mostly let's plays and update showcases, but why don't people like Ampex (16K subs), who is a fantastic builder, or TheRedstoneCrafter (600 subs) who makes actual games in Terraria, get praised? Why don't they get a whole vanity set?

Underrated: Harry101UK. He's an incredibly talented 3D animator with 'only' 300K subscribers. I know that's a lot, but I feel like he deserves a lot more.

Overrated:
I find that Pewdiepie is not the best YouTube gamer but he's at the top. Unfortunately this may never change.

Underrated:
I've not really got an idea for this one. Scykoh / ScykohPlays, I guess? Though he isn't really underrated... his 400k sub userbase are all great with him, and he isn't one of those guys that has 50:50 likes:dislikes.
Just in case you're wondering, he runs gaming channels. Scykoh is mainly looking at Glitches in games, though there's some other stuff sprinkled in there, and ScykohPlays is mainly for playthroughs of games.

Overrated,
Almost all Minecraft YouTubers,
PewDiePie,

Underrated,
@BaumProductions , seriously, Baum deserves to have the most subs of any YouTuber,
Various abridged series makers, Team Four Star, Something Witty Entertainment, YunoInbox, (all people who make great abridged series of Animes),
Danny2462,
Hazard-ish,
And lastly, me! JK, JK, you can put down your pitchforks.

Overrated: killer keemstar, horrible news channel

Underrated: ohnickel, I know he has a lot of subs but he deserves more then drama alert. Ohnickel has a great news channel.

Overrated:
KSI - I prefer him over Pewds tbh, but still have a few "ehs" about him
iDubbz - Ever since he started beef with Leafy, that's when I lost interest
VanossGaming - Still love the channel, I just agree that he is overrated
LeafyIsHere - I have very mixed feelings about him
Game/Movie Theorists - Ever since 2016 debuted, I just grew tired of their "clickbait-ish" titles

Underrated:
TVFilthyFrank - Both cancerous and piss-pants funny at the same time
ReviewTechUSA - Tech news, reviews and occasionally jokes about cucumbers. Speaks from both the mind and heart
Vinesauce (Basically all of them) - What can I say? They're funny as hell
Chadtronic - Kid-friendly, but still entertaining and funny
Channel Awesome - Some consider it overrated, but I still think not enough have seen their work yet
Angry Grandpa Show - I don't give a :red: if he's fake it not, he still makes me laugh

Back
Top Bottom