NPCs & Enemies Mothron as a boss

Cardepiano

Terrarian
I love Mothra, the mighty Kaiju that Mothron is based off of. I always thought of Mothron as a boss, or miniboss, like an Everscream vibe really, but it even drops wings, like Duke Fishron, or the Empress of Light, or even the Everscream, (Fishron wings, Empress wings, and Festive wings respectively). I just feel that Master, maybe even Expert mode loot, would be a nice addition to the solar eclipse's head honcho.

I do find it odd myself about how Hardmode tends to throw all of my preconceived notions out-the-window, but that's just kind what they are really. I say this only because this argument could be brought up concerning a LOT of tougher, stand-alone enemies.
  • Ice Golem
  • Sand Elemental
  • Goblin Summoner
  • Dreadnautilus
What is & isn't a Boss in Terraria, is often just left up to interpretation, really. I don't consider Dreadnautilus to be any more or less of a Boss, simply because there's no official Boss health bar at the bottom of the screen. It's still a Boss to me, even if there's no Master Mode Trophy to show for it, Dready still has it's very own Achievement. 😏 🤷‍♂️

I agree
I do find it odd myself about how Hardmode tends to throw all of my preconceived notions out-the-window, but that's just kind what they are really. I say this only because this argument could be brought up concerning a LOT of tougher, stand-alone enemies.
  • Ice Golem
  • Sand Elemental
  • Goblin Summoner
  • Dreadnautilus
What is & isn't a Boss in Terraria, is often just left up to interpretation, really. I don't consider Dreadnautilus to be any more or less of a Boss, simply because there's no official Boss health bar at the bottom of the screen. It's still a Boss to me, even if there's no Master Mode Trophy to show for it, Dready still has it's very own Achievement. 😏 🤷‍♂️
I agree

• Ice Golem
  • Sand Elemental
  • Goblin Summoner
  • Dreadnautilus
I would also consider Paladin and maybe Wyvern

I would also consider Paladin and maybe Wyvern
That's a great point, I never even thought of Wyvern being a Boss before, but now that you bring it up, he/ she checks all-the Boss/ Mini-boss boxes. 😏🤷‍♂️
  1. Only one of that enemy can reasonably spawn at a given time, check! ✅
  2. Only appears under very specific circumstances, check! ✅
  3. Difficult to kill, especially when encountered too-early, check! ✅
  4. Notoriously annoying to fight, and appears at the worst times, check! ✅

I’ve seen a lot of talk about Mothron being a miniboss on “Dreadnautilus being a boss” threads, so I’m reviving this thread so discourse on Mothron can happen too.

Definitely think Mothron deserves some kind of boss status for dropping broken hero swords, and Even if Mothron shouldn’t be a full boss I’d still like more loot from her. A baby Mothron pet especially would be nice.

I’ve seen a lot of talk about Mothron being a miniboss on “Dreadnautilus being a boss” threads, so I’m reviving this thread so discourse on Mothron can happen too.

Definitely think Mothron deserves some kind of boss status for dropping broken hero swords, and Even if Mothron shouldn’t be a full boss I’d still like more loot from her. A baby Mothron pet especially would be nice.
I thought this post of mine died.

Back
Top Bottom