Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Celestial Starboard

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Something else!

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Kholai

Terrarian
Which do you prefer for end game, and, preferably, why?

I'm personally torn. Way I see it there's three main choices for infinite flight options.

Black Spot
+ Great max speed with a charge.
+ Direction key based aerial control.
+ Frees up all mobility accessories for murder.
+ Pretty easy to get with a non-master character if you're willing to start a master map for it. (a pre-mech boss character with a dart rifle can handle the entire invasion and multiple dutchmen without too much difficulty)
- Clunky acceleration and slow turning = Not great at dodging unless you're always running from the boss.
- Can't dash while mounted.
- Too far for easy mining or dodging.

Witch's Broomstick
+ Decent acceleration.
+ No accessory infinite flight time.
+ Normal size means never needing to dismount.
- No charge attack.
- Lowest max speed of the three.
- Still can't dash while mounted.

Celestial Starboard + Soaring Insignia
+ Can dash.
+ Great acceleration and max speed.
+ Normal size for moving around.
- Needs two accessory slots.
- More awkward jump+directional arrow movement.
- Can't just sit in mid air hands free.

So which do you prefer? Which is optimal? Is there a better option out there I'm missing? Is there a Soaring Insignia of Cthulhu that lets you dash in any cardinal direction on a mount? Is Soaring Insignia just a trap not worth the slot?

Wings with hover ability with Insignia is pretty great, but yeah, flying mounts are just better, I kinda prefer going wings on Melee and Summoner, while Ranger and Mage prefers all of the damage builds.

Which do you prefer for end game, and, preferably, why?

I'm personally torn. Way I see it there's three main choices for infinite flight options.

Black Spot
+ Great max speed with a charge.
+ Pretty easy to get with a non-master character if you're willing to start a master map for it. (a pre-mech boss character with a dart rifle can handle the entire invasion and multiple dutchmen without too much difficulty)
- Clunky acceleration and slow turning = Not great at dodging unless you're always running from the boss.
- Can't dash while mounted.
- Too far for easy mining or dodging.

Witch's Broomstick
+ Decent acceleration.
+ No accessory infinite flight time.
+ Normal size means never needing to dismount.
- No charge attack.
- Lowest max speed of the three.
- Still can't dash while mounted.

Celestial Starboard + Soaring Insignia
+ Can dash.
+ Great acceleration and max speed.
+ Normal size for moving around.
- Needs two accessory slots.
- More awkward jump+directional arrow movement.
- Can't just sit in mid air hands free.

So which do you prefer? Which is optimal? Is there a better option out there I'm missing? Is there a Soaring Insignia of Cthulhu that lets you dash in any cardinal direction on a mount? Is Soaring Insignia just a trap not worth the slot?
Mostly answering for end game building, I like the witch’s broom for it, I would use the ufo mount, but it just isn’t as good.

Everyone keep forgetting Cute Fishron. It get the boost while raining now.

Didn't know that it got buffed, thanks. CF was my favourite in 1.3 and that sounds like it would be a good option for bossing. Generally I'd find myself hitting blocks and having to dismount all the time when I used it though, which sort of makes it a sometimes food for me (and makes it that I have to keep a bunch of mobility gear on hand for regular use). Meanwhile the only time I get off my broom is when I die. #witchlife

End game I'd replace the black spot with the starboard and the soaring insignia. I'd use the black spot instead of wings for the extra accessory slot for the majority of the run. I'm not doing much late game so the combination insignia and starboard is fine for me as a replacement.

The mounts are too slow; you will find yourself trying to move back and forth frequently. The celestial starboard is basically a jet pack and hoverboard combined, and then the infinite flight... yeah, it's great. I would have said that lava shark is great, but it needs better vertical movement.

Back
Top Bottom