Game Mechanics mount race in the Terraria (i think devs will hate me after they read this)

In 1.4 update we have a new time eater it's a golf. But mounts are just transport you can ride
And my suggestion it's a Mount race + 1 new NPC For free

To get new npc you should has a 1 mount, Then you can find him unconscious in the surface desert and not far away SHOULD lies a horse's skull
(his dialog after waking up)
"Hello stranger thanks for help, I was riding on my horse and suddenly appears in desert, my Valkyrie went berserk and I flew out of the saddle, by the way, have you seen her?"
After you can buy from him a 2 new items: Race start, end line, jumppad, speedpad and pickup
In singleplayer you play like golf: Challenge yourself and build
But in multiplayer you challenge another team
How this should work in MP: You became a Red team your friend became a Blue team And the team wins only when all the players of this team have crossed the finish line, only one type of mount
How this should work in SP: You challenge yourself and as reward you collect Race tokens like old's one army,
amount of tokens= the way you past (in blocks)
Amount of time you cost

You need tokens to buy some weapons, accessories, MoUnTs and pictures
like tavern keeper, new npc will upgrade his loot after defeating: Wof, 3 mechs, and golem
after defeating golem npc will sell "Valkyrie's saddle" and this mount will as fast as max speed of Pirate ship (drop from flying dutchman)

Ask me if you have questions. and yes i too much read manga JJBA Steel ball run
Sorry for my english i just From Soviet Russia
And also i has a Suggestion

Could be interesting, but on large flat areas as racing tracks, it would be simply the fastest mount to win. Right? However with more complex tracks, there are many other factors too, so there, it could be interesting. It still sounds a bit odd in singleplayer though if you just try to beat your previous records or such.

as for the NPC, why surface desert? thugh sure, why not, but I dunno how could you have a horse skull or whatever near him, if it's not part of the sprite, because these bound NPCs spawn at random, and if you don't interact with them they despawn and spawn somewhere elsewhere later.

also, jumppads, speedpads and such could be super OP early game... depending of how much bonuses they add. not in the race, but in boss arenas and such...

also, dunno about red team vs. blue team, because there could be more participants than 2 in multiplayer. it could either follow the teams in the game, or just consider each character an individual racer.

Could be interesting, but on large flat areas as racing tracks, it would be simply the fastest mount to win. Right? However with more complex tracks, there are many other factors too, so there, it could be interesting. It still sounds a bit odd in singleplayer though if you just try to beat your previous records or such.

as for the NPC, why surface desert? thugh sure, why not, but I dunno how could you have a horse skull or whatever near him, if it's not part of the sprite, because these bound NPCs spawn at random, and if you don't interact with them they despawn and spawn somewhere elsewhere later.

also, jumppads, speedpads and such could be super OP early game... depending of how much bonuses they add. not in the race, but in boss arenas and such...

also, dunno about red team vs. blue team, because there could be more participants than 2 in multiplayer. it could either follow the teams in the game, or just consider each character an individual racer.
In Golf, you can also use a long flat surface to get points and the idea of the race is to make work easier for servers with mini-games

in multiplayer everyone will have one Mount (which is selected randomly from the players)

about the skull I forget NPC will disappear

Red and blue team I took as an example and everyone against everyone is good idea

jumppads speed pads ets will be sold for tokens (tavern keeper also sells stuff that makes it easier to boss fighting) this is reward for player

In Golf, you can also use a long flat surface to get points and the idea of the race is to make work easier for servers with mini-games

in multiplayer everyone will have one Mount (which is selected randomly from the players)

about the skull I forget NPC will disappear

Red and blue team I took as an example and everyone against everyone is good idea

jumppads speed pads ets will be sold for tokens (tavern keeper also sells stuff that makes it easier to boss fighting) this is reward for player
Yes, but most golf rewards aren't affecting the game much, so it doesn't really matters if you're just golfing on a large flat area, or a more complicated landscape.

If you use a faster mount, you will likely win, if there are no other factors. so there's no much actual competition...

Old One's Arm can be quite tough, so you really have to do your best to earn those defender medals for the sentries and armor. Riding back and forth on a large flat racing track is not perticularly hard, just maybe time-consuming. So, "locking" likely very OP things like jumppads and speedpads behind such a thing... I dunno about that

Back
Top Bottom