tModLoader Mounted Magic Mirrors - Fast travel!

Here's some testing from my friend.

Mirrors kept in magic storage for some reason show but cant be teleported to. Home Mirror does work.

Dungeon mirror at surface worked until they tried getting the one to work deeper in the dungeon at our dungeon mob farm. Mined and replaced, which didnt work. This whole time, Home mirror, NEW test mirror worked and dungeon surface mirror worked. Placed 2 new mirrors at dungeon farm to see if some mirrors are "bad", whose 2 didn't work. At this point, dungeon surface mirror stopped working, unable to get that working again.

He's not sure if its worth mentioning but on one of the attempts to get the dungeon farm mirror working, i found and mined another mirror, which THEN was used for the 2nd dungeon spot mirror. and then all the dungeon mirrors stopped working after that when i tried placing down both of the mirrors in the dungeon farm spot

Copy and paste of what he's saying:
So we have FOUR mirrors, one at base, one at a mine entrance nearby base, and one at the dungeon entrance and one deep inside the dungeon at a farm spot. I found out that mining and placing the same mirrors back worked for some reason. So my friend mined and placed back the base, mine entrance, and dungeon mirrors; disconnecting after each one to see if they persisted through out log outs and they did. Once we got to the dungeon farm spot mirror, mining and placing it back didn't work. My friend tried this several times to the dungeon farm spot mirror and nothing (through out these attempts I should state that the base, mine entrance and dungeon entrance mirrors were still working). My friend tried putting down two dungeon farm spot mirrors to see if certain mirrors can be "bad" (IDK if worth mentioning, but the second mirror was attained on the way back to the farm spot mirror on an attempt). Both mirrors didn't work, however the dungeon entrance mirror stopped working as well, while the base and mine entrance mirrors worked. The dungeon mirrors have not worked ever since, even through several attempts at mining and placing them back. My friend then mined all three dungeon mirrors and placed them all on a wall nearby the base, thats when they started working again

Last edited:
I've done some testing. Turned off ALL the mods, then turned them back on again, and it seems to work. However the actual issue is weird.

Any OLD mirrors placed down, don't work. So I made a NEW character and a NEW world, and my OLD character can go into the NEW world and see the NEW mirrors.

However the NEW character can go into the OLD world and the NEW mirror stays, but any found OLD mirrors that were placed before, doesn't retain after logging out.

EDIT: There's an island on a floating island, which for some reason disappears when I check my home mirror. Going over to it refinds it. HOWEVER, when I load in, and dont hover over or find my home mirror, and go to the island mirror, it's not found, as if I already found it before. I'm so confused and don't know why this is happening. Sometimes they work, others they stop for no reason.

Is it because of where they're placed? Do they need any specific criteria to maintain working? I feel like the distance from spawn may be influencing whether mirrors work or not.
There shouldn't be any criteria. Are you getting these errors in SP or MP?

Here's some testing from my friend.

Mirrors kept in magic storage for some reason show but cant be teleported to. Home Mirror does work.

Dungeon mirror at surface worked until they tried getting the one to work deeper in the dungeon at our dungeon mob farm. Mined and replaced, which didnt work. This whole time, Home mirror, NEW test mirror worked and dungeon surface mirror worked. Placed 2 new mirrors at dungeon farm to see if some mirrors are "bad", whose 2 didn't work. At this point, dungeon surface mirror stopped working, unable to get that working again.

He's not sure if its worth mentioning but on one of the attempts to get the dungeon farm mirror working, i found and mined another mirror, which THEN was used for the 2nd dungeon spot mirror. and then all the dungeon mirrors stopped working after that when i tried placing down both of the mirrors in the dungeon farm spot

Copy and paste of what he's saying:
So we have FOUR mirrors, one at base, one at a mine entrance nearby base, and one at the dungeon entrance and one deep inside the dungeon at a farm spot. I found out that mining and placing the same mirrors back worked for some reason. So my friend mined and placed back the base, mine entrance, and dungeon mirrors; disconnecting after each one to see if they persisted through out log outs and they did. Once we got to the dungeon farm spot mirror, mining and placing it back didn't work. My friend tried this several times to the dungeon farm spot mirror and nothing (through out these attempts I should state that the base, mine entrance and dungeon entrance mirrors were still working). My friend tried putting down two dungeon farm spot mirrors to see if certain mirrors can be "bad" (IDK if worth mentioning, but the second mirror was attained on the way back to the farm spot mirror on an attempt). Both mirrors didn't work, however the dungeon entrance mirror stopped working as well, while the base and mine entrance mirrors worked. The dungeon mirrors have not worked ever since, even through several attempts at mining and placing them back. My friend then mined all three dungeon mirrors and placed them all on a wall nearby the base, thats when they started working again
Try this version and tell me if you get different results. It's not released yet, but if it solves your problem I'll go ahead and put it on the mod browser.

Attachments

• MountedMagicMirrors v1.1.2.3a.zip
    81.7 KB · Views: 130
Try this version and tell me if you get different results. It's not released yet, but if it solves your problem I'll go ahead and put it on the mod browser.

Same thing is happening. Single player seems to work, but haven't tested it as extensively. Multiplayer is where the issues are occurring.

New version doesn't seem to fix it.

Same thing is happening. Single player seems to work, but haven't tested it as extensively. Multiplayer is where the issues are occurring.

New version doesn't seem to fix it.
Here's another. If this doesn't at least change something, I'm stumped for the moment.

Remember to have the server and everyone on it use this version.

Attachments

• MountedMagicMirrors v1.1.2.3b.zip
    82.4 KB · Views: 115
Pre-log into server
1581953834452.png

Here's after relogging into the server.
1581953912883.png

However, I got closer to the mirror beside the antlion nest, and the one in the middle showed up, without ever actually viewing it.
1581954021411.png

Tried it with another mirror, walking close, but not hovering over it to 'find' it and going back to one that I already found, and it showed up.

It seems like it might be a distance thing. What's interesting, is the one's that I've previously 'found', intermittently are 'found' after hovering over them, and some just don't show the message again, as if they were already 'found' but not showing in the map.

Pre-log into server
View attachment 236220

Here's after relogging into the server.
View attachment 236221

However, I got closer to the mirror beside the antlion nest, and the one in the middle showed up, without ever actually viewing it.
View attachment 236222

Tried it with another mirror, walking close, but not hovering over it to 'find' it and going back to one that I already found, and it showed up.

It seems like it might be a distance thing. What's interesting, is the one's that I've previously 'found', intermittently are 'found' after hovering over them, and some just don't show the message again, as if they were already 'found' but not showing in the map.
Can you verify if simply going near the mirrors "activates" them each? I think I know what the issue is, finally.

Edit: This version should fix your issue, if I'm guessing correctly:

Attachments

• MountedMagicMirrors v1.1.2.3c.zip
    82.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Can you verify if simply going near the mirrors "activates" them each? I think I know what the issue is, finally.

Edit: This version should fix your issue, if I'm guessing correctly:

With those newer versions, it seems like it does. The mirrors remain 'found' but can't be teleported to unless you go near to them, then back to another mirror to test it.

However, it seems thew newest version DOES work, perfectly now too. Thanks :D

EDIT: Tested it further, seems like they show up on the map now, but just can't be teleported to.

1581982220095.png

Last edited:
With those newer versions, it seems like it does. The mirrors remain 'found' but can't be teleported to unless you go near to them, then back to another mirror to test it.

However, it seems thew newest version DOES work, perfectly now too. Thanks :D

EDIT: Tested it further, seems like they show up on the map now, but just can't be teleported to.

View attachment 236245
Alright, now we're getting somewhere. I think I can fix that, too. Give me a moment...

Edit: It's done. You can download the new v1.1.2.3 on the mod browser, or wait a moment and download it from the first post in this thread.

Last edited:
Alright, now we're getting somewhere. I think I can fix that, too. Give me a moment...

Edit: It's done. You can download the new v1.1.2.3 on the mod browser, or wait a moment and download it from the first post in this thread.

Downloading from mod browser didn't fix. First link in the thread downloading the file you put up 2 hours didn't fix either.

Seem to have found another bug lol. I can teleport to a mirror that no longer exists/has been moved.

1582329447032.png

1582329454557.png

Yes, Multiplayer. Yes, I can do it repeatably. Even after relogging into the server, I'm able to teleport to it.
Could you give this version a try and see if anything improves or changes?

Attachments

• MMM v1.1.2.4.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 105
Actually, logging out and closing the server seems to have fixed it. Started up the server again today and it's perfectly fine. So I guess it repositions the mirrors and removes old ones when the server is started up fresh.

Back
Top Bottom